Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I know this question may have been asked before but with 702 pages too search through, I thought I would ask first. 😁

This morning I was asked to resubmit my application and then subsequently asked to pay final invoice which I've done.

Does this mean I have a car allocated or is this due diligence?

I still don't have a VIN number yet and my EDD hasn't changed from 7th - 30th September.

MYLR BLUE/BLACK GEMS.
ordered 15th April 22.

Just a thought- Glovis companion VINS rained down3 days into her journey. Glovis Challenge was 1 day late in leaving so if her VINS followed 3 days post what should have been her expected departure date then we could be getting VINS from her around 4:30pm tomorrow! In advance of Companion VINS, many folks got crazy EDD updates that morning and much gnashing of teeth was heard so something else to look out for tomorrow. Either way we have an exiting 4 or 5 days coming up with sunrise expected to depart for Europe tomorrow and Glovis crystal waiting to take up the vacant dock site and possibly departing on Sunday. 🚘 🎷 🎶

• Funny
Reactions: James7C2
Just a thought- Glovis companion VINS rained down3 days into her journey. Glovis Challenge was 1 day late in leaving so if her VINS followed 3 days post what should have been her expected departure date then we could be getting VINS from her around 4:30pm tomorrow! In advance of Companion VINS, many folks got crazy EDD updates that morning and much gnashing of teeth was heard so something else to look out for tomorrow. Either way we have an exiting 4 or 5 days coming up with sunrise expected to depart for Europe tomorrow and Glovis crystal waiting to take up the vacant dock site and possibly departing on Sunday. 🚘 🎷 🎶

Unlikely that’ll they do it off the expected departure date but a good bit of hopium for everyone

In case any of you are looking for insurance for your new Tesla -

I'm picking up my car on the 8th Sept so looking for insurance quotes. I'm currently with LV and their quote is the cheapest. However it states that a tracker needs to be fitted to the car, so I asked for clarification and received this reply:

'We don't recommend what make of tracker is fitted, however we need to let you know that a tracking device is an electronic device, which is fitted to the car and emits a signal (to either your mobile phone or another device, or to a monitoring service that you maintain a subscription for) that enables the car to be located anywhere in the UK in real time, if it is stolen'

So it appears that the car location function in the Tesla app will fit the bill
I thought the point of their tracker is to track your driving habit so they have a better metric for assessing your risk.

20220818_140400.jpg
20220818_140359(0).jpg
20220818_140358.jpg

Yo dudes. Truck load of m3s heading towards Manchester earlier today. I didn't take the pic btw. Someone in back seat. AF22s and AJ22s I think.