Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is an example, there are 2 here, 1 being pointed at and 1 directly south-east of it. They are quite hard to photograph and I didn't notice them at first and thought they were limited to the bonnet, which had about 7 or 8 of them, however on closer inspection at home it looks like there are the odd one or two on probably every panel.View attachment 844625
Difficult to say from the photos but this looks very close to a similar type of contamination that used to be common locally. The overnight output from the local oil refinery regularly left shiny irregular spots all over the paintwork. The only way to remove it was to polish it out, but it does polish out with relatively little effort. It’s worth a try and if it is, then it’s probably local air pollution or something that occurred during shipping.

Just had this appear in my app. No vin yet though View attachment 844852
Hey. I hope your car is on its way but my app changed recently to show this. I had only ordered around 2 weeks prior to this changing (EDD still nov15 to dec30 so not expecting delivery anytime soon). I think it coincided with me requesting to upgrade the wheels on the order. BUT if you haven't requested any changes it may very well be a good sign.

That’s a really good question… mine is black and I am very sure the paint imperfections will be very visible… ceramic coating is quite good as it keeps the car shiny for a very long time… PPF also helps with scratches and Co… total cost came to a little more than £3k for track pad PPF , Color correction and ceramic coating
Some insurance companies will refuse insurance on a vehicle with ppf.
If you have not advised them of the modification then your insurance could be invalidated. I would advise anyone having or contemplating ppf to check with their insurance company.

Reactions: whykay and Toppyawe
I just got back from Greece 😂

TeamBlue 20s 24-Sep Greece Hols gang gang gang gang
Sorry to break the thread but this #teamblue20 is off to Port de Pollenca on Saturday 🍻

Made sure any holiday/work commitments avoided end September as original EDD on order was Sept, regardless of all the weekly movement and speculation.

Seems to be the one certainty for many (not all before I get shot down) so I always had this expectation and thankfully all going to plan barring typhoons🤞.

Our original i4 order placed in February was due in September initally but was bumped to Nov, then Q1/2 2023 by end of April hence making the wife jump brands and join me in the Tesla club. She's even more excited than me now having done more miles in my car since we sold her X4 a couple of months back (to BMW as it happens!) leaving us short. Luckily have a learner runaround to cover.

Not good news for me this morning, EDD has been pushed back to December. Really frustrating, I would not have ordered the car if I knew I would be waiting this long! The only reason I ordered the Tesla was because it had the shortest lead time, wishing I would have gone for the iX3 now

• Love
Reactions: M3UK
Not good news for me this morning, EDD has been pushed back to December. Really frustrating, I would not have ordered the car if I knew I would be waiting this long! The only reason I ordered the Tesla was because it had the shortest lead time, wishing I would have gone for the iX3 now
That isn't good news for you or any of us, many will follow suit. And what hope do we have for December? Just to corroborate or otherwise lease vs purchase debates, was it a lease if you don't mind me asking? Certainly a very early order date.

To be fair to tesla.... would the original edd for the ix3 stood had you ordered that? Could they have slipped even further?

That isn't good news for you or any of us, many will follow suit. And what hope do we have for December? Just to corroborate or otherwise lease vs purchase debates, was it a lease if you don't mind me asking? Certainly a very early order date.
Yes, it was a lease order through work, I was given an option of 5 vehicles and chose the Tesla due to the short lead time, they clearly prioritise purchase orders, which I wish I would have known before I ordered! really frustrating!

To be fair to tesla.... would the original edd for the ix3 stood had you ordered that? Could they have slipped even further?
A colleague ordered the iX3 4 weeks after me with a 12 month lead time and they have received confirmation that the car will be arriving next week, registration confirmed also. I have asked my company to look at my options and a possible cancellation of another vehicle so that I can cancel the Tesla

Reactions: Rensteruk
Yes, it was a lease order through work, I was given an option of 5 vehicles and chose the Tesla due to the short lead time, they clearly prioritise purchase orders, which I wish I would have known before I ordered! really frustrating!
It is frustrating, do other manufacturers have a similar EDD practice ... I don't know. There have been suggestions that lease hasn't been favoured this time around, and also if the pictures have been anything to go by, of cars on the dock in Shanghai, most of the cars seem to be white with black and grey making up the rest ...

It is frustrating, do other manufacturers have a similar EDD practice ... I don't know. There have been suggestions that lease hasn't been favoured this time around, and also if the pictures have been anything to go by, of cars on the dock in Shanghai, most of the cars seem to be white with black and grey making up the rest
This is the 5th company car I have ordered in my years and usually once the order is placed they begin production of your order but Tesla are totally different by the looks of it, the Tesla rep told me that they do have a queuing system for each spec of car and I joined the Blue, RWD, Black aero queue apparently which is a lie as I have seen examples of people who have ordered the exact same car after me and have had VIN/REG confirmation

Reactions: LoneRanger

Mine is leased and I received mine in advance of loads of other people who were cash buyers.

Not disagreeing with you as such, but I don't think it's got much to do with cash buyers versus lease.

I've been following this for a good 6 months now, buying a Tesla is genuinely like participating in the worlds most expensive raffle.

You buy a ticket, for ~£50k, and then wait for your number to be pulled out of a hat. It's laughably frustrating, indeed, but I would argue it's worth the wait.