Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Date just moved from September 22nd to January 16th - April 16th. What's going on? Ordered April 23rd. RWD M3.
I have just got another completely non-sensical EDD, Nov 13 to January 7th - what the dickens does a January 7th mean (like they are going to do a start of quarter delivery - really?!!) - if Tesla had some serious competition they would be in trouble - now wishing I had ordered something else but price increases of Teslas and other makes a switch difficult.

Sometimes there are crazy EDD swings before VINs are allocated.
However, we don’t think Glovis Sun (in the right location to issue VINs) is coming to the UK, so who knows?!

Came here to say this exact thing. Weeks ago we saw massive swings in the wrong direction for EDDs being moved to the next year.

Within a matter of hours those people, or at least some, received VINs.

Mine has done a jump too
3E0092FC-AB0C-4B6E-AB0E-90CBE65E84B8.jpeg

• Informative
Reactions: Millenium101
Not good news for me this morning, EDD has been pushed back to December. Really frustrating, I would not have ordered the car if I knew I would be waiting this long! The only reason I ordered the Tesla was because it had the shortest lead time, wishing I would have gone for the iX3 now
At lease we can walk away with Tesla they would make you pay big penalties at BMW.

Reactions: Coops33
Great!.... another job completed, my stubbon wall charger now shows to be working after a very long chat with the `Tesla Charging Support Team` (HAMID) from Holland, but he`s German and covers the EURO based charging issues. nice man, very nice man!
Now for those-in-the-know (or not)......Got a reasonable insurance quote, but they won`t let me complete the purchase without a valid Reg.number, no, not even a valid VIN number, to which I said I won`t get that until pick-up day.....is this true? if so, how to get insured for that special day? Would Tesla issue the new reg. a little bit before hand? TBH, its going to be changed to a personal plate anyway, for which, BTW, Tesla flattly refused to put on for first-reg, quoting "you`ll have to do it after you`ve got home" very helpful, NOT 😠

Not good news for me this morning, EDD has been pushed back to December. Really frustrating, I would not have ordered the car if I knew I would be waiting this long! The only reason I ordered the Tesla was because it had the shortest lead time, wishing I would have gone for the iX3 now
Ask Tesla if their system is saying Q4 as it seems companies are adding their own estimates and could be adding months on and once you have the VIN start saying will pick it up were is it.

Reactions: Coops33
VIN still hidden but Tesla have contacted to book collection from Manchester / Trafford Centre. EDD was 14/9 to 28/9, they offered just 28/9, 29/9 and 30/9 as choices - so they’re definitely wanting to get it in before end of quarter. Can’t really whinge though as June 6th order and collecting 2½ months later is definitely not what is envisaged when ordering.
I got a text from them yesterday, same dates (Bristol collection), but to my landline, so I couldn't use the link and had to call them. Booked for the 28th, and they followed up by sending a confirmation text including my VIN (same as hidden VIN thankfully). Asked about battery SoC on collection, they pinged the car and said it's currently at 68%, so probably won't be more than 50% by the time I get it. Should be enough to get home though! Ordered 1 week before you 30/05.

Great!.... another job completed, my stubbon wall charger now shows to be working after a very long chat with the `Tesla Charging Support Team` (HAMID) from Holland, but he`s German and covers the EURO based charging issues. nice man, very nice man!
Now for those-in-the-know (or not)......Got a reasonable insurance quote, but they won`t let me complete the purchase without a valid Reg.number, no, not even a valid VIN number, to which I said I won`t get that until pick-up day.....is this true? if so, how to get insured for that special day? Would Tesla issue the new reg. a little bit before hand? TBH, its going to be changed to a personal plate anyway, for which, BTW, Tesla flattly refused to put on for first-reg, quoting "you`ll have to do it after you`ve got home" very helpful, NOT 😠
I got my registration number earlier this week. Picking up from Manchester on 8th September. Got everything in place now with LV who gave me a quote of £450 inc. legal and NCD protection

Reactions: Toblerone

I have just got another completely non-sensical EDD, Nov 13 to January 7th - what the dickens does a January 7th mean (like they are going to do a start of quarter delivery - really?!!) - if Tesla had some serious competition they would be in trouble - now wishing I had ordered something else but price increases of Teslas and other makes a switch difficult.
It seems their selling the RWD cars so cheaply their not making any profit and trying to force the hand and encourage the orders to cancel.

Some of us ordered months before and still waiting with EDD December

I got my registration number earlier this week. Picking up from Manchester on 8th September. Got everything in place now with LV who gave me a quote of £450 inc. legal and NCD protection
Now I`m gobsmacked! LV was the only company who flatly refused to insure my MY LR for one reason only, because it "doesn`t have a subscription-paid TRACKER fitted" and that was quoted just a few hours ago, today! :mad: