Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sure and just ignore things like Covid lockdowns where 60,000 units of production are lost from your plans with the associated consequences, where shortages of components from other suppliers impact and where 3 million cars need to be delivered to customers from 4 locations with associated shipping logistical challenges.

I can fully understand peoples frustrations but your suggestion makes no sense in the real world. Tesla continue to deliver cars in large volumes when compared to their peers

Hope you get your car soon
Yes appreciate what your saying and now their back to regular production and the competition is coming online now is the time to consider their ordering process.

Last edited:
Yes appreciate what your saying but now their back to regular production and the competition is coming online now is the time to consider their ordering process.
I have a work colleague who has a Tesla and he likened Tesla approach to basically be the equivalent of buying the car like you would a drink from a vending machine... Impersonal, mechanical, efficient...

This is Vs the traditional dealership approach

I ordered knowing this, and I agree with him...

Neither is right or wrong just different...

I personally will get my car almost exactly to what was promised when I pressed the order button (Aug 2022) my delivery is 2nd September..

My EDD actually moved to June 2022, then late July then a couple of dates in August before it was finally locked in

The only thing Tesla could improve is the EDD after you've ordered, I think they may give customers too much information here and maybe they shouldn't update them as much as it seems sometimes they will update on the basis that you have a low possiblity of get a cancellation or something..

I've just been through the process of paying for my Tesla (I pick up tomorrow) so I thought I’d write it for anyone who hasn’t been through it before. Most of you will have a few weeks to sort this out, but because my car was a last minute allocation, I only had 2 days to sort out finance (PCP with my bank), payment to Tesla, and insurance. Nail-biting to say the least.

The process I went through was:
  1. Text from Tesla asking me to book a delivery date. For me, the link in the text didn’t work, it just took me to the account screen in an endless loop. So I called Tesla and they booked a date for me. Details of when and where to collect showed up on my account page after refreshing.
  2. The final invoice was generated soon afterwards, this was available in the "Documents" section of the main account page.
  3. Paying Tesla: Once the invoice was available, the "Next Steps" tab changed to show I should make payment. This is done by clicking a big blue "CONTINUE" button.
  4. This takes you to a "Review and Pay" page showing the amount owed, and another big blue button “VIEW WIRE DETAILS”. Clicking that will give you Tesla’s account no, sort code, account name, RN number, etc.
  5. Testing a payment:I then tested by logging into my bank and sending £1 to Tesla. This showed up on my Tesla account about an hour later. On your Tesla account page, the "Amount Due" will decrease, and underneath it is a “Show Details” button that will show you any payments made.
  6. PCP Car Finance: I then completed the PCP online application with my bank, giving them the same details I’d used for my successful £1 transaction. All went through okay and I got an email from the bank to say payment had been made to Tesla. Then I panicked. I’m sure they didn’t ask for a reference number…
  7. For anyone who submits a payment to Tesla using the wrong reference: I called my bank and found out they used the registration number + surname to send the payment. I then called Tesla and advised them the payment had been sent through on the wrong reference. They told me the treasury department would look at it ASAP and re-allocate it. It was re-allocated to my account in just 2 hours.
All of this was sorted just 22 hours before collection! But as I said above, most of you will have more time to do this, though I don’t think it stops it from being any more stressful! Hope this helps those who are yet to do it for the first time.

Good advice, trying to dodge or fudge the question on a car worth £60k is madness and risky as different insurance companies may take different points of view. Better to assume it doesn’t have a tracker if it’s not listed on the approved trackers list and not tick the “other tracker” option. Act in haste and repent at leisure and all that jazz. If the insurance cost is too high for you after shopping around, perhaps you should buy a different car.
In light of the comments on here, I further contacted LV with this question:

Thanks for your reply. For the avoidance of doubt, can you please confirm that the specific vehicle locator facility fitted to a Tesla (where a phone app can be used to locate the vehicle) meets the necessary requirements?

The response I received this morning was:

A Tesla tracker will suffice providing it can track the vehicle anywhere in the UK.

Which to me seems pretty unambiguous

Hi there - apologies if this is a common issue.

I have had the text to book delivery of my MYLR in Manchester on September 23rd - however after completing the collection booking my car has now disappeared from the my account screen - both in the App as well as Web.

I need to complete the deposit for PCP but I don't have the details to do this as the "complete pre-delivery" check list of items just links through to a blank my account screen.

Waiting for a call back from Tesla but now concerned something has went wrong!

I have had the text to book delivery of my MYLR in Manchester on September 23rd - however after completing the collection booking my car has now disappeared from the my account screen - both in the App as well as Web.

I need to complete the deposit for PCP but I don't have the details to do this as the "complete pre-delivery" check list of items just links through to a blank my account screen.

Same things happened to me, had an appointment for the 10th and it's just disappeared, back to an EDD of 24-30 September.

Don't know where this should be but my son, who could be getting a MY through work just sent me something via text. I went to Tesla Uk and this was there

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-08-26 at 15.14.44.png
    Screenshot 2022-08-26 at 15.14.44.png
    747.3 KB · Views: 74
In light of the comments on here, I further contacted LV with this question:

Thanks for your reply. For the avoidance of doubt, can you please confirm that the specific vehicle locator facility fitted to a Tesla (where a phone app can be used to locate the vehicle) meets the necessary requirements?

The response I received this morning was:

A Tesla tracker will suffice providing it can track the vehicle anywhere in the UK.

Which to me seems pretty unambiguous
I'm still unsure what to make of that, it clearly can't be tracked anywhere in the UK because all it needs to do is enter a multi story car park or somewhere similar and it will disappear, it could still show the last known location? Someone else would need to confirm. A dedicated tracker isn't only trackable via the GPS, I believe they emit other signals for pin pointing the location.

I could well be overthinking this, It just always worries me when they won't give you a simple answer, I'd want a "Yes, a Tesla tracker is sufficient" that's it, I don't like the fact that they still leave a question at the end of their statement.

Reactions: EV-Head
Don't know where this should be but my son, who could be getting a MY through work just sent me something via text. I went to Tesla Uk and this was there
Yea it’s new today. There are a few comments in the MY thread and a new thread on it also

Eg
I can’t see it being bad for resale value. They are different propositions. LR is AWD, faster and can go further.

It’s like saying the LR is bad for the MYP resale value.

Also can’t see many LR cancellations happening, as the LR price has increased since many ordered and people won’t want to lose their place in the queue for an inferior model.

Yea it’s new today. There are a few comments in the MY thread and a new thread on it also

Eg
Thans for your help. :) It is AWD more like the Texas model than the Australian model from what I can see. For a lot of people it will work very well, it's quick enough, it goes far enough. Bit like exam results, if we mark the MYLR as A, this is maybe B+.

Reactions: Toblerone
Oh dear, now I'm worried, I moved my pick up date a couple days later then initial, still showing on app. Was going to purchase the car insurance but with only 14 day cool off will wait a bit closer to pick up to make sure no issues.....
I rang them and it was a "system error" and no VIN was allocated at the time, so I had a delivery with no car, which was cancelled by the schedulers, if you have a VIN you'll be fine.

Reactions: tesstuff
Can you drop me a note here if you get an update? I've called Tesla but its a 50 mins wait time, but I'm on holiday and I can't wait that long!
Car didn't actually exist which is why the date disappeared, rep said it's more than likely coming in Q4 now, but couldn't confirm if they had finished allocating all cars on their way this quarter. If you have a VIN you should be OK.

Further to the above - its not just a technical error! Received the following via text...

Thanks for your message. It would appear that we have accidently cancelled your order. We are not able to reinstate your original order but we are ready to reinstate your vehicle and your finance but we require to place another order. Once you have done, please reply to this message so we can fix this for you. Apologies for any inconvenience caused.