Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Surely for most, the energy/fuel cost is a low proportion of overall running costs of a £60k car?

Where i think an EV will win is on depreciation with the phase out of ICE cars looming closer. If electricity costs persist at this level, values will take a knock, but my view is that this is a temporary blip in costs.

And taking out finances, the local air pollution argument is a strong one, along with the seamless driving style of an EV drivetrain.
100%

I only do 5000 miles a year.. I bought the car because it's awesome... It theoretically lower maintenance, and it zero emissions...

Having another petrol or diesel for 4 or 5 years is very close to the current deadline of phasing out those cars from sale in 2030 and so I think depreciation on an ICE will start to escalate as well... Just a hunch, it could actually go the other way if people just aren't moving to EVs, but given the rate of uptake of EVs in recent years I expect that will continue despite the electric costs which maybe high for a while but not forever.

But a car is nearly always a depreciating asset so it's not like the above real matters as these things aren't investments!

The lower cost to run Vs fuel wasn't really a factor for me... It was a nice side benefit, sure...

For me it's all about climate and pollution. As long as I can afford it (I'm lucky enough, as everyone who can afford to buy/lease a Tesla must be) I will always use EV rather than ICE. But, yes, having solar and Octopus EV tariff (fixed until May 2023) with a battery on order (another Tesla wait since February) still makes it so much cheaper.

Plenty of cars ready for collection in Manchester, a good mix of MY and M3

Attachments

• BF70B0EE-EED6-432A-A844-5CD368028863.jpeg
    BF70B0EE-EED6-432A-A844-5CD368028863.jpeg
    568.8 KB · Views: 79