Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It is reasonably straight forward. A phone call was all it took for me. They cannot always bring it forward (i.e. the car is not on site yet) and they cannot push back past the end of quarter, but moving it a day either way should be OK (as long as they have slots available). Give them a call is the easiest way to know for sure. ;)
Great. I need to wait and see if it’s necessary. By the time I know it could be too late to change

1661968850227.png

Is it what I think it is?

EDIT: all angles covered before my post apparently 😅

Reactions: EV-Head and Human_
Was this via Tesla text / email or did you have to ask for it? I collect on 29th but apart from arranging the collection have had nothing other than an invoice and pay up now son! Need to sort out my insurance as doing it online somehow DirectLine reduces my premium by £13 for moving from a 21’LR to a 22’M3P - but I can’t accept until I put a reg no in!

I just got a text today saying, previously hadn't had any texts regarding vin but found it in the source. Only had a text saying I could schedule a collection.

Tesla Update - Your Model Y licence plate isXXXX XXX and VIN is ______. Registration will be completed on your delivery day. Need insurance?

With Motorway you / they set a reserve you’re happy to accept offers above and then they ‘auction’ your car the following day until 3pm (you can’t watch this - which would have been fun). Motorway then email you the highest offer just after 3pm. I made it very clear to them on the phone and in emails that I wanted reassurances that I was not committed to selling even if the offer was above the reserve and they said that it was fine and I was only committed to sell once / if I accept the final offer after the auction ends. Because of how they work (as basically the middle man between you and competing dealers) you then have to accept the offer within 24hrs or the dealer has the right to withdraw - which is fair enough, as they at the point of winning the auction have committed to buying at a specific price and therefore have money tied up in your car.

It’s only my personal experience (contacted Motorway on Thursday, auction was Friday, accepted offer straight away, dealer contacted me Sunday to arrange collection today, today dealer collected car once payment had cleared into my account and DVLA had been informed) but it was very easy and got me the best price compared to trade in, WBAC and Carwow.
Yes, I used Motorway for the first time selling my car the week before I collected the Tesla. It was quite painless, and I got about £1600 more than WBAC offered (and they would've knocked me down further). The dealer who won was on the other side of the country and used an agent to collect, the agent looked the car over confirms it's all correct then calls the dealer who then paid off the remaining finance and transferred the balance to my account straight away. He also sent me a photo of his screen showing the completed bank transfer to the finance company. Once I'd confirmed I'd received the balance, the agent took the car. All very pain free.

I received mine via a text from Tesla about 4 weeks before the delivery date; approx two weeks after the ship had departed.
I’m still waiting on the reg number but have all the other docs in my account and my car is on the same boat as yours. Hopefully will get reg tomorrow and can finalise my insurance. It’s a pity that the running cots have gone up a lot but there are still some free 50kw public chargers in Scotland. I doubt these will remain free but will try to use where possible and convenient to justify my choice. At some point this government will have to start making up for loss of fuel duty and BIK taxes. Hopefully not applied to pre-existing cars and in the long run this proves to be a wise choice.

I’m still waiting on the reg number but have all the other docs in my account and my car is on the same boat as yours. Hopefully will get reg tomorrow and can finalise my insurance. It’s a pity that the running cots have gone up a lot but there are still some free 50kw public chargers in Scotland. I doubt these will remain free but will try to use where possible and convenient to justify my choice. At some point this government will have to start making up for loss of fuel duty and BIK taxes. Hopefully not applied to pre-existing cars and in the long run this proves to be a wise choice.
Does it look like we need the money?

Going back to the Insurance topic (yay, I hear everyone shout)...

I just did a comparison quote for 3 weeks' time on my collection day, it's £1023 as a one-off or £1150 over 12 monthly payments with Hastings Direct. Seems my best option.

I've saved the quote, but it says in the email that this price can change at any time when I revisit. Are people just going ahead and scheduling/paying for the insurance now (2-3 weeks ahead)?

The thing is, I'm with Hastings already, and will trade in my current car on the same day (via Tesla, I'm not quite 100% decided on that, but likely so).
So does that mean I should phone and request a policy change tomorrow, to take effect on 21st Sept?

(sorry, have never done this before outside of regular renewals).

PS; I chose the lowest option for alarm/immobiliser, is that fair? (and chose 'no' to tracker).

Screenshot 2022-08-31 at 21.42.34.png

Thanks!

I just did a comparison quote for 3 weeks' time on my collection day, it's £1023 as a one-off or £1150 over 12 monthly payments with Hastings Direct. Seems my best option.

I've saved the quote, but it says in the email that this price can change at any time when I revisit. Are people just going ahead and scheduling/paying for the insurance now (2-3 weeks ahead)?

The thing is, I'm with Hastings already, and will trade in my current car on the same day (via Tesla, I'm not quite 100% decided on that, but likely so).
So does that mean I should phone and request a policy change tomorrow, to take effect on 21st Sept?

PS; I chose the lowest option for alarm/immobiliser, is that fair? (and chose 'no' to tracker).

View attachment 847578

Thanks!
When Tesla gave me the reg (I collect on Friday) I rung them gave them the reg and then told them what car it was as it's not currently registered now, to take effect on 2nd September..

I'm going to be honest your quote seems high to me... Don't know your personal circumstances / points on license whatever but that does seem high .

I'm getting a M3P for context and I'm getting £600 or so per year and I'm with directline

Yes, I used Motorway for the first time selling my car the week before I collected the Tesla. It was quite painless, and I got about £1600 more than WBAC offered (and they would've knocked me down further). The dealer who won was on the other side of the country and used an agent to collect, the agent looked the car over confirms it's all correct then calls the dealer who then paid off the remaining finance and transferred the balance to my account straight away. He also sent me a photo of his screen showing the completed bank transfer to the finance company. Once I'd confirmed I'd received the balance, the agent took the car. All very pain free.
Good descriptions of the process from @t0ne and @Chris CG

I was also told you could pull out before accepting the winning offer, but didn't know that you can hold on to the car until the payment clears.

In my case Motorway also offered more than WBAC but WBAC then beat the Motorway offer when given a chance and I preferred to deal with a well know company and complete the deal in 20 minutes there and then. Having said that I was impressed with the Motorway process and would happily use them in future.

Reactions: t0ne
My son and I watched our M3 make its way through Panama Canal back in 2020… we watched the Southampton webcams again today…. Very exciting!

My wife had and indescribable look on her face on both occasions.
I've done exactly the same kind of stuff awaiting my car.. so much so my wife has given me a new nickname...

Its TT.... The first T stands for Tesla... I'll let you guess what second T stands for...

When Tesla gave me the reg (I collect on Friday) I rung them gave them the reg and then told them what car it was as it's not currently registered now, to take effect on 2nd September..

I'm going to be honest your quote seems high to me... Don't know your personal circumstances / points on license whatever but that does seem high .

I'm getting a M3P for context and I'm getting £600 or so per year and I'm with directline
Yeah, I think it's a combo of my job title and the postcode - plus, I have 3 points on my license, which'll do it I guess. I've driven for 21yrs, have 20yrs no claims, but I went 60 in a 50mph stretch during some congestion on the M25 last year :'(

I had no plans to get a Tesla back then, but I wish I'd done the speeding course now and taken the fine, haha!

Another funny thing, I just edited the quote and changed my wife's info (she's on the policy too. 20yrs experience, no claims or convictions). She's literally just accepted a job which she'll start in a few weeks, so I changed it from personal driving only, to include commuting (I mean, 10mins up the road twice a week...), and added her new job title (from Unemployed) and the quote is now £903 :D

I was bracing for an increase again. I've been getting £1200 consistently for the last few weeks, so I'll take this as a win.
Out of interest, I set it to £400 voluntary, is that about right? thank you!

Reactions: StarbucksBob
Yeah, I think it's a combo of my job title and the postcode - plus, I have 3 points on my license, which'll do it I guess. I've driven for 21yrs, have 20yrs no claims, but I went 60 in a 50mph stretch during some congestion on the M25 last year :'(

I had no plans to get a Tesla back then, but I wish I'd done the speeding course now and taken the fine, haha!

Another funny thing, I just edited the quote and changed my wife's info (she's on the policy too. 20yrs experience, no claims or convictions). She's literally just accepted a job which she'll start in a few weeks, so I changed it from personal driving only, to include commuting (I mean, 10mins up the road twice a week...), and added her new job title (from Unemployed) and the quote is now £903 :D

I was bracing for an increase again. I've been getting £1200 consistently for the last few weeks, so I'll take this as a win.
Out of interest, I set it to £400 voluntary, is that about right? thank you!
I think I'm on £300 voluntary off the top of my head... But voluntary is whatever you feel comfortable with (Inc the mandatory of course)

I was actually surprised to get the reg so far out from delivery date but it doesn't help with getting many quotes with the insurance as the car has not been registered yet. Re elec costs; I fixed with Octopus a few weeks ago at 7.5p/ 40p which should be fine in Oct when the prices go up to about 50p/ Kwh however, if the government step in and fix the price as it currently stands then that rate won't look so good to me then.

I was actually surprised to get the reg so far out from delivery date but it doesn't help with getting many quotes with the insurance as the car has not been registered yet. Re elec costs; I fixed with Octopus a few weeks ago at 7.5p/ 40p which should be fine in Oct when the prices go up to about 50p/ Kwh however, if the government step in and fix the price as it currently stands then that rate won't look so good to me then.
You can get a quote if you ring your insurance company... Give them the reg and tell them what the car is... That's what I've done and I have a insurance certificate valid from Friday for collection..

Reactions: greendriller

View attachment 847578

Thanks!
Model 3 is the top option, factory fit Thatcham approved cat 1 alarm/immobiliser so Model Y should be the same. Very annoying when insurance companies ask you this, they have more information than the owner about what is approved or not!

Reactions: _Dave_