Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thats good to know.
I am starting to think you are a troll.
Not ever a positive thing on the car you have 'supposedly' ordered, and constantly spreading FUD.
If you have so many doubts, why don't you cancel your order and spend less time on these forums? You have the lowest 'reaction score to posts' ratio on here anyway.

To answer your question the car is roughly the same size as a BMW X3 or an Audi Q5. At 4.75m, it's still okay for most parking spaces that are at 5m.
But I haven't seen you asking the same question to RR/Discovery owners, Q7, X5, e-tron or X7 owners, have you?
I'm starting to think I'm being stalked. lol. Reported you so be nice.

On a different note I was wondering how you find the Model Y with parking spaces with cars these days being 53% larger and parking spaces not keeping up?

Not wanting to be pedantic, but doubt this statement is necessarily true...

Tesla Y Dimensions

Overall Length 4751mm
Overall Width (including mirrors) 2129mm
Overall Width (including folded mirrors) 1978mm
Overall Width (excluding mirrors) 1921mm

If this is "53% bigger", then this is saying that cars previously were:
Overall Length 3105mm
Overall Width (including mirrors) 1392mm
Overall Width (including folded mirrors) 1293mm
Overall Width (excluding mirrors) 1256mm

To put this into perspective, the original mini was 1410mm wide and 3160mm long(Classic Mini Body Dimensions - Size Does Matter (1959 - 2000)), so the Model Y is not even 53% bigger than the classic Mini.

The Model Y is not materially different from my E class estate in size (it is slightly shorter and slightly wider)...

Haha. 🤡.
I value the mods time too much to report every single of your FUD spreading posts..
Keep it nice.

Tesla Y Dimensions

Overall Length 4751mm

Overall Length 3105mm

To put this into perspective, the original mini was 1410mm wide and 3160mm long(Classic Mini Body Dimensions - Size Does Matter (1959 - 2000)), so the Model Y is not even 53% bigger than the classic Mini.

The Model Y is not materially different from my E class estate in size (it is slightly shorter and slightly wider)...
More how you find parking the car as my last mid size EV with its camera and sensor few showing space from above was a god send and I don't think the Model Y has the same. Used to tell my passengers I'm waiting for the drone to fly above the car. lol.

Last edited:

Tesla Y Dimensions

Overall Length 4751mm

Overall Length 3105mm

Yep, he’s ruined our thread so now we’re in the dark as it’s locked
Expect they will open it again and then your have to be extra nice to me. lol.

Been driving a Range Rover and it’s fine parking. I don’t think the Y has any problems
I’m coming from a Discovery. Little shorter than your FFRR. It’s the easiest to park car that I have driven in the past 15 years. Thanks to the huge mirrors and great views all around.

Not expecting the MY to be as easy despite being 20cm shorter, but agree, it’s not exactly a large car!

Reactions: Millenium101
I’m coming from a Discovery. Little shorter than your FFRR. It’s the easiest to park car that I have driven in the past 15 years. Thanks to the huge mirrors and great views all around.

Not expecting the MY to be as easy despite being 20cm shorter, but agree, it’s not exactly a large car!
The car is big to me and my last car was brilliant having the 360 view and just wondering if the cameras give the same?

The car is big to me and my last car was brilliant having the 360 view and just wondering if the cameras give the same?

You can find out all about the cameras in the manual I reckon. Probably with dimensions and many other answers too 👍

I assume you test drove to look at all this before buying too but if not then that may answer a lot of your questions too.

Attachments

• 66903DDE-6545-48A4-90F7-8F786C0EC4DC.png
    66903DDE-6545-48A4-90F7-8F786C0EC4DC.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 57
  • 302C50DC-6104-44D9-B129-C13A251AFDEB.png
    302C50DC-6104-44D9-B129-C13A251AFDEB.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 41
  • 333FFED4-50F8-4AA1-96A1-E7D9608064F4.png
    333FFED4-50F8-4AA1-96A1-E7D9608064F4.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 40
I can only speak for the Model 3 since I don't have a Model Y, but they will share the same principle. You can set it so that when you select reverse, it will show you the rear camera and side cameras in addition to a birdseye view of the car with respect to parking sensors. It's more than adequate for safely maneuvering the car in and out of parking spaces.

You can find out all about the cameras in the manual I reckon. Probably with dimensions and many other answers too 👍

I assume you test drove to look at all this before buying too but if not then that may answer a lot of your questions too.

Thank you asking about the real world experience. Can read the manual.

Last edited: