Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just had a look on Tesla website and for your spec it currently says Dec- Feb. So either a Q4 or Q1 delivery.

Assuming coming from Shanghai ( I think Germany only producing MYs) and due to the way that Tesla manages the production/ shipping schedules, for Q4 you would most likely be looking at mid Nov to end Dec for delivery. And for Q1 you would be looking at mid Feb to end March.

There is one major caveat- If Covid lockdowns close down the production line then these BAU assumptions could be blown out of the water.

Ignoring any possible Covid disruption, If it was me I would hope for a Q4 delivery but plan for a Q1 delivery.
Thanks everyone for their comments. A load of information in these threads to read through but it’s a bit of minefield. Before the end of year would be great but looking at everyone’s experiences, it would seem that is very optimistic. Do they batch make the model types and send for delivery. With it being a less popular colour, will that be back of the queue ?

Thanks everyone for their comments. A load of information in these threads to read through but it’s a bit of minefield. Before the end of year would be great but looking at everyone’s experiences, it would seem that is very optimistic. Do they batch make the model types and send for delivery. With it being a less popular colour, will that be back of the queue ?
They batch build for the UK/Europe in the first few weeks of a quarter and then ship and deliver them - the intention being to have no cars on the move over quarter end.

At the moment we are seeing a load of July/August built cars(start of quarter) being delivered over the end of August and September (end of quarter).

They’ll probably be producing (in China) solely for China over the second half of August and throughout September, before starting the whole cycle again with RHD/euro builds in October.

Something of a simplification and will change as GigaBerlin ramps up, but that’s my understanding of how things work currently.

They batch build for the UK/Europe in the first few weeks of a quarter and then ship and deliver them - the intention being to have no cars on the move over quarter end.

At the moment we are seeing a load of July/August built cars(start of quarter) being delivered over the end of August and September (end of quarter).

They’ll probably be producing (in China) solely for China over the second half of August and throughout September, before starting the whole cycle again with RHD/euro builds in October.

Something of a simplification and will change as GigaBerlin ramps up, but that’s my understanding of how things work currently.
Great thanks. If I follow, you only find out if your car is in the batch is when it’s on the ship, and that is normally midway through a quarter. If you don’t get a notification of it being on one of those ships then it’ll be another 3 months before I’m likely to get an update.

Reactions: MashinBenzin
I've got a vin, delivery date and number plate for an M3LR with a collection date of the 27th Sept but the VIN ends 614XXX which seems rather high compared to others I've seen on this site.
Does this seem correct?
Also, I assume this might be on Sunrise?
Similar here - VIN is 615xxx. Spoke to Tesla yesterday who confirmed reg etc and the fact that 28th at Trafford was the earliest I could collect. I too assume it’s on Sunrise - they’ll be unloading that many that it’ll take nearly 2 weeks to sort them all out and transport them around the country to various collection locations.

Great thanks. If I follow, you only find out if your car is in the batch is when it’s on the ship, and that is normally midway through a quarter. If you don’t get a notification of it being on one of those ships then it’ll be another 3 months before I’m likely to get an update.
Yep. And you don’t get a notification until the ship is almost here. But you can find the hidden vin on your account within a couple of days of the ship leaving Shanghai.

On the official comms - i started getting texts on 11 August and was able to schedule delivery on 8 September. The ship had docked on 31 August. So from my experience, you start getting comms around a month ahead from possible collection dates.

Reactions: Toppyawe
You would think it was that simple however peoples EDDs can shift around at any time without any clear logic. Covid stoppages in the factory certainly have an effect bt its likely there are other factors, They do have to reset the production line between the model variants RWD colours etc. So they will run batches, M3P clearly gets a priority slot but colour variants give you a smaller batch to fit into. What no one knows is the extent to which they rebalance the queue according to domestic demand, or regional demand. All this has a butterfly effect on individual EDDs.

Regardless of the detailed EDD shifts you have summarised the main pattern perfectly.

Reactions: LoneRanger
Similar here - VIN is 615xxx. Spoke to Tesla yesterday who confirmed reg etc and the fact that 28th at Trafford was the earliest I could collect. I too assume it’s on Sunrise - they’ll be unloading that many that it’ll take nearly 2 weeks to sort them all out and transport them around the country to various collection locations.
Same - VIN is 615xxx as well, M3P/Silver/Black/AP. Being delivered to home as it's through OctopusEV, although when I spoke to Tesla they initially thought I was collecting from Trafford Ctr. Home delivery booked for 28th, and they gave me the reg number too. I've made the assumtion it's on Sunrise and Tesla rep confirmed that as well. Excited doesn't even closely describe it :D

Nice!
Unrelated but I’ve been meaning to ask, which ceramic coating did you apply? Would you recommend?
I
Nice!
Unrelated but I’ve been meaning to ask, which ceramic coating did you apply? Would you recommend?
Nice!
I wanted to do a ceramic coat on the new car before the paint got degraded in any way. I used Autoglym high definition ceramic coating that I bought from Amazon for around £50. It was really easy to use and I did it outside in the shade (after checking the weather forecast!). You get two bottles of liquid - one that you use to prepare the surface and the other containing the ceramic coating. After washing the car, prepare the surface and polish off. There is a special applicator for the ceramic coat that just wipes on but you have to be methodical in the application. After leaving it for around 2-3 minutes it beads up and you then polish off. Don’t leave it too long otherwise it’s difficult to polish off. Took me around 1-2 hours to do the entire car. The surface is like glass and super-smooth with a great shine. I’ve had it done professionally before and paid around £350 -£400. Can’t see any difference between the two but I guess only time will tell. There is enough material in the kit to do two cars so I suppose you could reapply in a year or two.

Great minds think a like, I ordered the following yesterday but will try it on my wife’s 6year old car first to get some practice in how to use it.

Attachments

• 339C8216-1185-4204-8407-629612ED2788.png
    339C8216-1185-4204-8407-629612ED2788.png
    1 MB · Views: 49