Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I guess that’s all the European shipping done for Q3 and it’s just the local distribution and handovers to be completed by next Friday. Best wishes to all who are now enjoying your cars and for those (like me) picking up in next 9 days I hope you will be delighted with your new cars. Overall, this quarter appears to have fulfilled more orders than were expected in the uk and signs are positive for an even better Q4.

Tesla lakeside at dartford new car collection site is very dissapointing.
It’s a garden bench and a caravan in the ground floor multi story car park which smells of urine.
Firstly the postcode is wrong so you arrive in a bad mood having driven circles around many lake side round abouts trying to find the location.😡
There isn’t a bathroom and many people will have driven a long way let alone a bacon sandwich or a coffee machine in site.😡😡
I had a question about my new Tesla which the two 20 year old customer assistants couldn’t answer so I was asked to take a walk around the shops and some one will call me later. 😡😡😡
I explained I was on a schedule and didn’t have time to turn my 10am collection into an entire day wasted.
Tesla customer service team (two very dumb 20 year olds) explained I needed to wait.
I told them to cancel.
I’ll buy anther Bmw instead.
Wasn’t a MSM MY LR you cancelled was it? I’ll happily take it off your hands

Picking up my M3LR in MSM next week. Got my fingers crossed there are no issues. My main worry is swirling on the paint from how they have prepared the car - or are they better at it now?

Anyone got any pictures of what to look for on this?
Swing over to the q3 collection thread where photos are getting posted several times a day. Some stunning looking cars especially those sent to retailers for machine polishing .

Q3 collections, new owners tales and experiences​

Last edited:
Reactions: Sparkie1968
Wasn’t a MSM MY LR you cancelled was it? I’ll happily take it off your hands
There’s no way this is a true story (the cancellation bit). Nobody would go through all that waiting and cancel at the collection site. Even if you hated the car you’d just take it and phone Richard symons or similar to buy it and make a couple of quid on the side.

Last edited:
That was my call too
Also his first and only post so an outright fable with no doubts, and he couldn’t get the pick up location name correct. I’m expecting slick and professional handover from the Glasgow team next Wednesday even if it’s staffed by 20year olds. Most kids that age can teach me and my peers a lot and I do enjoy the way Tesla has completely broken the mould of the old car makers.

Last edited:
Also his first and only post so an outright fable with no doubts, and he couldn’t get the pick up location name correct. I’m expecting slick and professional handover from the Glasgow team next Wednesday even if it’s staffed by 20year olds. Most kids that age can teach me and my peers a lot and I do enjoy the way Tesla has completely broken the mould of the old car makers.
I knew more about Tesla cars than the advisor at Northampton centre.

• Funny
Reactions: Toblerone
All will go well ..its about managing expectations. Having to cope with large volumes of deliveries compressed over a few weeks each quarter means the collection sites are set up as temporary structures and in my opinion (having collected 2 Tesla's) they do a good job. I am sure his BMW dealership will throw in a few soft poached eggs to go with his bacon sandwich...happy days.

I knew more about Tesla cars than the advisor at Northampton centre.
There have been many situations in my life where i have known more about a specific item that i am purchasing, then the person i'm buying it from... it was never because the person i was buying from was dumb, or young, or lazy - it was because i was spending my hard earned money on something so i thought it prudent to spend my time researching it...

This includes how i have read most of the Model Y owner's manual even though my car isn't here yet - i'm pretty certain i've picked up something in there that Elon Musk doesn't know... not because he's not interested but some bits of the detail don't need to be retained forever.

For some most people in life, a job is just that, a job. They don't need or want to be experts in their field, and sure they'll learn things on the way however nobody knows everything about everything and expecting that is just unrealistic.

Frustrating Tesla give EDD's in months where we know it's highly unlikely to get a delivery to the UK. Mine's Nov 25th - Jan 9th but my understanding is that it's almost certain I wouldn't receive a car in January...
Yep - that will change to 31-Dec soon enough. Otherwise you’re looking at Feb…
Until either Berlin come online for RHD or they end the end of quarter push.