Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Long-time lurker of this forum coming out with my first post...

I ordered my M3LR on 19 March (midnight silver, 18", black interior). For a long time my EDD has been Nov 13-Dec 28. The other day I got a text saying my collection point was changing from Bluewater to Brent Cross (suits me), which seemed to indicate the date was getting firmer and I'd be getting a VIN soon with my car on its maiden cruise.

But logged in today to find that my EDD has slipped to Jan-Mar 2023. Gutted is an understatement! :rolleyes:

Long-time lurker of this forum coming out with my first post...

I ordered my M3LR on 19 March (midnight silver, 18", black interior). For a long time my EDD has been Nov 13-Dec 28. The other day I got a text saying my collection point was changing from Bluewater to Brent Cross (suits me), which seemed to indicate the date was getting firmer and I'd be getting a VIN soon with my car on its maiden cruise.

But logged in today to find that my EDD has slipped to Jan-Mar 2023. Gutted is an understatement! :rolleyes:
Ye it looks like they have a delay with MSM, both LR and RWD

Anyone got experience ordering through the Octopus salary sacrifice scheme? Ordered M3 RWD blue black black in Sept, and the guy there says it's a 'secured stock' order so delivery in Jan-Mar is realistic. Seems too good to be true...anyone else got theirs through Octopus?

Anyone got experience ordering through the Octopus salary sacrifice scheme? Ordered M3 RWD blue black black in Sept, and the guy there says it's a 'secured stock' order so delivery in Jan-Mar is realistic. Seems too good to be true...anyone else got theirs through Octopus?

I recently had a meeting with their EV team at Octopus to discuss setting up the scheme for employees at my company. They mentioned this secured stock and basically it means that Octopus continuously puts in bulk orders for each quarter and when someone orders a car they’re assigned a car from that next batch.

Put simply because they’re continuously ordering a batch of cars for each quarter - once you order from them you have a car allocated in the next batch (providing they’ve not already allocated next quarters batch already - if so you’d be the batch after next)

From your situation I would infer that your order has been allocated to Q1 2023’s batch they’ve ordered from Tesla

Reactions: Millenium101
Don’t like to be all doom and gloom, but I ordered a ‘secured stock’ vehicle through Tusker in March, was supposed to be delivered in June and still waiting.

With that said, I’m led to believe that they are catching up so hopefully your EDD is accurate.

Good luck!

Reactions: Millenium101
I recently had a meeting with their EV team at Octopus to discuss setting up the scheme for employees at my company. They mentioned this secured stock and basically it means that Octopus continuously puts in bulk orders for each quarter and when someone orders a car they’re assigned a car from that next batch.

Put simply because they’re continuously ordering a batch of cars for each quarter - once you order from them you have a car allocated in the next batch (providing they’ve not already allocated next quarters batch already - if so you’d be the batch after next)

From your situation I would infer that your order has been allocated to Q1 2023’s batch they’ve ordered from Tesla
Thanks for the reply. Wonder if it's more likely to be the end of the quarter...from what I've seen on here the deliveries all land then. Tesla themselves have been very quiet...I got the initial mail asking me to set up my account, create a password etc but absolutely nothing since 😬

Reactions: ROTA
Thanks for the reply. Wonder if it's more likely to be the end of the quarter...from what I've seen on here the deliveries all land then. Tesla themselves have been very quiet...I got the initial mail asking me to set up my account, create a password etc but absolutely nothing since 😬

Yeah as a lease vehicle don’t expect much communication from Tesla themselves. They converse with Octopus about pretty much everything