Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My delivery window shifted this morning to nov 14 - dec 1 was nov 14 - jan 12 not that it really makes any odds as I’ve seen this happen loaded over my currently 6 month wait. Could be an indicator of what you’ve mentions about shipping close to holiday season
Mine just shifted today from November 15th - December 30th to November 17th - December 3rd. It's the only time in 2 months it's changed. (apart from when I first ordered. It was same as yours Nov 14 to Jan 12 then narrowed to the Nov 15 to December 30 within a couple of days of ordering and stayed there since)

Mine just shifted today from November 15th - December 30th to November 17th - December 3rd. It's the only time in 2 months it's changed. (apart from when I first ordered. It was same as yours Nov 14 to Jan 12 then narrowed to the Nov 15 to December 30 within a couple of days of ordering and stayed there since)
Me very similar. Never moved since early July. Now gone from 29/11-13/01 to a narrow 19/11-05/12 🤷‍♂️

Mine has jumped too from 2nd Dec 22-26th Jan 23 to 17th Nov 22-3rd Dec 22.

MY List of EDDs is now so long it won't fit in my signature....

I am trying not to get excited (and failing) but I have been here before. Had 22nd - 30th September, eagerly looked at ships leaving. The last ship for the quarter left and my EDD jumped to Jan 23

Reactions: dajw2793
I ordered my bog standard M3 (RWD pearl white with no bells and whistles) back in January and still waiting. I am based in London. EDD now saying Nov 17-Dec 3. Is this normal or have others with similar orders from around that time now been fulfilled? Absolutely terrible customer service and all around experience so far. Shocking when dropping quite so much money on a brand new luxury car.

mine is longer, i ordered at the start of march, i guess you were the same as me expecting a car at the end of september with the 1 week delivery window, but no! alas!

mine is the same as others but seems to drift back a day or so,

It started at November 14- Dec 1
then November 15 - Dec 2

Now December 17- Dec 3.

I ordered my bog standard M3 (RWD pearl white with no bells and whistles) back in January and still waiting. I am based in London. EDD now saying Nov 17-Dec 3. Is this normal or have others with similar orders from around that time now been fulfilled? Absolutely terrible customer service and all around experience so far. Shocking when dropping quite so much money on a brand new luxury car.
I think others have been fulfilled but cannot say whether they had the same spec. I have the same date as you, but ordered towards the end of April. Are you lease or direct with Tesla? I am in London too.

The majority of plain spec M3 ordered in January are also scheduled Q4

I’m sorry to break this news, but it’s not a luxury car, it’s not even premium. Tesla is a mass market brand and it definitely has its own way of doing things. But they’re not the only brand struggling to fill orders in this strange market. To their credit they are massively growing volume when others struggle to match their old production volumes.

I hope you get your car soon, I hear the RWD models have had the longest waits this year.

Even if you get it within 12 months that is significantly quicker than many brands right now. Having ordered an alternative EV from Germany that is about £40k more I was told it was going to be 18months. Upon that I cancelled and ordered a MY. Which is looking like 6months going on current EDD, even if it drifts to 8-10 it’s still much much more timely.
The wait will soon be over, no point getting wound up, it won’t change anything. Life is too short.

I’m sorry to break this news, but it’s not a luxury car, it’s not even premium. Tesla is a mass market brand and it definitely has its own way of doing things. But they’re not the only brand struggling to fill orders in this strange market. To their credit they are massively growing volume when others struggle to match their old production volumes.

I hope you get your car soon, I hear the RWD models have had the longest waits this year.
Thats harsh. At the price of Teslas its as luxury as the mid sized BMWs Mercs etc. Unless you are going to write the whole sector off as mass market, which clearly it isnt. The price may not be focussed on soft seats, gimmicks, and comfort features, but that doesnt stop it being in a luxury segment, just with the focus being tight on electric car technology wattspermile, range, charging speed and so on.

Thats harsh. At the price of Teslas its as luxury as the mid sized BMWs Mercs etc. Unless you are going to write the whole sector off as mass market, which clearly it isnt. The price may not be focussed on soft seats, gimmicks, and comfort features, but that doesnt stop it being in a luxury segment, just with the focus being tight on electric car technology wattspermile, range, charging speed and so on.
I agree completely with this. Well apart from the gimmicks bit. I’ve not seen too many Mercs with a whoopie cushion feature! 😂

Tesla 100% operates in the luxury segment.

I’d argue against a mid-sized BMW as being luxury (having had a couple). Premium, but not as premium as they were.

A £60k Tesla is not a luxury car, a £100k Range Rover or similarly priced X7 might be.

Tesla not focused on gimmicks….hmm

If we are going just on price and EV features, do you also class a BZ4X, Ioniq 5, or a Mustang Mach-E as a luxury car?

Reactions: MrT3
I’d argue against a mid-sized BMW as being luxury (having had a couple). Premium, but not as premium as they were.

A £60k Tesla is not a luxury car, a £100k Range Rover or similarly priced X7 might be.

Tesla not focused on gimmicks….hmm

If we are going just on price and EV features, do you also class a BZ4X, Ioniq 5, or a Mustang Mach-E as a luxury car?
I’m sorry to break this news, just because you owned a couple of mid size BMWs doesn’t mean you can tell people what is and isn’t a luxury car. 😂