Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Two colleagues on the Octopus scheme have had texts for delivery of their MYLR, one is on 24th November and the other is on 1st December. One Black/Black/20" and tow hitch, the other White/Black/19", both ordered early late May. I am still waiting to be assigned a vin for my Blue/Black/19" MYLR, ordered in late June.

Reactions: ScottishDev
Reg & VIN received ahead of my delivery on the 24th November!

1667308035833.png

Shouldn't have tempted fate there. My EDD has just gone back to Jan 23 - Mar 23 which is exactly the same date range as I would get if I ordered it today. This is ridiculous
So rang Tesla. After waiting 1/2 hour got cut off (thanks Tesla), rang back and requested a call back which came after about 15 minutes. She said my EDD is Jan 23 - Mar 23 but they may be able to assign a VIN for December (not sure if this is just fobbing me off). One interesting bit of news is that she told me they are trying to get the delivery times down to 6 - 8 weeks (I couldn't help but point out rather sarcastically that they currently cannot hit 6 - 8 months, so that is going to be on hell of an ask. Anyway the news that is interesting is that she told me they will be delivering cars in January 23 to try and get the backlog down and this is not something they have done before (as we know).

• Funny
Reactions: dajw2793 and M3UK