Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ahhh. That's not what I wanted to hear. I was hoping mine was on RCC Europe but seems unlikely now.
Honestly - it’s hard to believe so little cars got assigned from RCC Europe. I saw about 3-4 people get VIN’s for MY

Haven’t analysed the VIN’s enough to realise whether those cars are cancellations or not

Morning Cello could be the next ship to the UK - gets in around 6th Dec.

Reactions: Chimpy McChimp
My delivery date moved yesterday. Today there is a VIN in the page source :)
Interestingly, the API link is not showing the VIN. Seems that the page source is the first place the VIN will leak to. I suspect the API link will only show a VIN when it's no longer a hidden VIN.
Expected 17 Nov - 2 Dec so looks like it's on the Viking Queen which is currently entering the Suez Canal.
VIN character 10 is P which I think is the 2023 model year.

Honestly - it’s hard to believe so little cars got assigned from RCC Europe. I saw about 3-4 people get VIN’s for MY

Haven’t analysed the VIN’s enough to realise whether those cars are cancellations or not

Assuming it’s a full ship yeah I’d have thought virtually all our older orders would have been sorted with RCC Europe 😞

Also, bit of a random one - I've seen others sharing parts of their VINs...what's the purpose of that? What can the VINs tell us?

For reference mine is LRW3F7EL0PC683XXX
10th character usually tells us the year: p = 2023 model.

The last 3 digits are unique to you (XXX) so don’t share them.
However the 3 digits before that shows us the batch number. 683 is most certainly not a cancellation as I believe that is quite a high batch number.

Cancellations can happen if for example cars on Glovis Summit are not claimed. I believe that batch was around the 670 mark.

Yours is 683 which could mean it’s from RCC Europe.
I still haven’t really had time to look back at when VIN’s were dropping for Summit to compare.

EDIT: not many people posted when Summit dropped VIN’s. However some were in 667 batch.

Last edited:
Reactions: rowedav
Hill all! I've just placed an order through NHS salary sacrifice for a MY RWD, so joinging the wait! The website still says Nov-Dec 2022 for this particular model but that seems a little too good to be true, I've just cancelled an order of an ioniq 5 from March because it was taking way top long!!

10th character usually tells us the year: p = 2023 model.

The last 3 digits are unique to you (XXX) so don’t share them.
However the 3 digits before that shows us the batch number. 683 is most certainly not a cancellation as I believe that is quite a high batch number.

Cancellations can happen if for example cars on Glovis Summit are not claimed. I believe that batch was around the 670 mark.

Yours is 683 which could mean it’s from RCC Europe.
I still haven’t really had time to look back at when VIN’s were dropping for Summit to compare.

EDIT: not many people posted when Summit dropped VIN’s. However some were in 667 batch.
Intresting! My 3 batch number is 668 accoding to the hidden vin. Still no offical text - just one saying they are calculating my delivery and will send an update. Still waiting for them to ask me for a new milage for my trade in as thats not been revalued. M3 RWD Blue 19" Order mid March - EDD 5 -20 December -

Does that batch number and dates go with your theory?

I expect the Vins and delivery info received this week are from Glovis Summit not Europe

For anyone with a particular interest in the position of Glovis Summit, the ship is currently entering the Gulf of Aden near Yemen.
1667383260591.gif

Watch out for pirates.....

Reactions: Ashdeman and zag164
I expect the Vins and delivery info received this week are from Glovis Summit not Europe
I'm not so sure now. There was a second flurry. Also chat told me quite emphatically my 669 batch car would not be delivered before 25th November. Since some people have pick-ups from 19th for Glovis Summit, it makes more sense that they were referring to RCC Europe docking on 24th Nov.

Ordered M3 RWD White/black via salary sacrifice in Jan 2022, finally received a Delivery text on Monday...

Those chasing for VIN's........

go to the Tesla website and use the live chat option ( much quicker than calling them) and ask for it.. the chat window appears after a minute of browsing car options... when it appears provide your RN number and they will provide you with a VIN. ( although as a Lease purchase, i have no insurance to worry about, so an early VIN is useless to me.)... but nice to have anyway...