Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've stopped checking for hidden VIN. I'm now fully expecting delivery to push back to Q1 2023
So I had an unprompted “we’re delivering throughout December and January, which is new to us but is what we’ve all been told” from an advisor this week. whilst it’s not set in stone, she did seem genuine (almost laughing when I was laughing saying “yeah right”), stating that’s what they’ve all been told and acknowledging that it’s different to the norm, also someone else on this forum had exactly the same statement.

Fingers and toes all crossed for you!

Last edited:
I think my lease M3rwd is on Summit, which is due in Southampton on the 16th according to Lex. How long after that will the deliveries be, I haven’t seen any delivery dates earlier than the 24th?
Earliest pickups I have seen reported were 19th in London. Agree earliest delivery was 24th, but not many deliveries have been given so far. Had VIN from Tesla chat a week ago, but nothing yet on delivery.

OK. So, following an online chat to Tesla where I enquired about the progress of my order (Lex Autolease), they confirmed a Nov-Dec EDD but as yet no VIN has been assigned. I then pressed them on whether the car was enroute or yet to leave Shanghai. They stated it was enroute. If this was the case I would have thought that a VIN would have been assigned by now. Am I being spun a line?
MYLR Blue ext / Black int / 19s ordered 14/7/2022

OK. So, following an online chat to Tesla where I enquired about the progress of my order (Lex Autolease), they confirmed a Nov-Dec EDD but as yet no VIN has been assigned. I then pressed them on whether the car was enroute or yet to leave Shanghai. They stated it was enroute. If this was the case I would have thought that a VIN would have been assigned by now. Am I being spun a line?
MYLR Blue ext / Black int / 19s ordered 14/7/2022
The honest answer (from my experience) is that Tesla reps don't know any more info than what we can see. Currently that's what your EDD's saying, so that's what they'll repeat.

I've been waiting for my M3LR since April ("early Dec" EDD currently, and still no VIN), and EDD's don't mean anything until you have a VIN assigned.

I don't think we're spun a line per se, it's just Tesla seemingly don't have any means by which to give us accurate post sales info that we need for both our sanity, and peace of mind. Extremely poor as this may be, it is what it is

The honest answer (from my experience) is that Tesla reps don't know any more info than what we can see. Currently that's what your EDD's saying, so that's what they'll repeat.

I've been waiting for my M3LR since April ("early Dec" EDD currently, and still no VIN), and EDD's don't mean anything until you have a VIN assigned.

I don't think we're spun a line per se, it's just Tesla seemingly don't have any means by which to give us accurate post sales info that we need for both our sanity, and peace of mind. Extremely poor as this may be, it is what it is
Thanks. With not even having visibility of the EDD (lease order) it's a real frustration. I'll continue the SMS vigil.

I got talking to a Tesla rep during his coffee break - the true answer is they have no clue about any cars being assigned UNTIL they’re assigned

If a car is soft matched (VIN in source) then they can pull up all the information.

I imagine this is just like Apple employees when you ask them “when are apple releasing their new phone” they simply don’t know and they are not told.

They only know when the car is assigned and in the UK - I appreciate this don’t answer many questions. But we can’t shoot the messengers 🤷🏽‍♂️

Reactions: WiredUp
My MYLR collection is on 22nd November from NEC. I had a chat with them this morning and received my final invoice with reg no.

Called the insurance company and it only cost £77 to revise my insurance for the rest of the policy (until July 2023). Very happy with that as I was seeing £1200+ quotes last month.
How long from the message to schedule the date before you were given the final invoice and reg no.?

Anyone still waiting for their text to confirm delivery/collection?

I got my VIN in source on the 2nd and haven’t received anything else so far.

I did however get this text this morning.

“Tesla info, we are just working on logistics to ensure the shipment will arrive when we predict before scheduling you in.

I would expect you to receive a text message in the next week or two about getting you booked in.

Please let us know if there is anything else we can help with in the meantime.”

My EDD is the 17th to 2nd - so it’s a bit strange they may take up to 2 weeks to schedule this? SUMMIT is due in next week which I find a bit peculiar.

Reactions: mattdav