Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Pick up my MY LR later today from Trafford Park. My VIN ends PC541XXX - am I likely to have USS? I never got a notification from Tesla about not having USS.

Either way - very excited to pick it up. Struggled to get insurance yesterday - ended up paying £1600 with Privilege :(.
Just got back with it - it's got USS. I had a quick scan around, there was 50/50 with USS I reckon.

Very impressed with the car, no immediate issues - granny charger, parcel shelf etc.

Me neither but then it depends upon what your expectations are and what you are used to. I’m old enough to feel that USS are a luxury rather than a necessity and normally get a bit grumpy when it beeps and I’m nowhere near as can see in the mirrors. Obviously on 9th Dec that will al change for me.
I'm the same pal, can't be arsed with bleeping (which is generally false and a mile off) I'll keep reversing as I have done. 👍

Me neither but then it depends upon what your expectations are and what you are used to. I’m old enough to feel that USS are a luxury rather than a necessity and normally get a bit grumpy when it beeps and I’m nowhere near as can see in the mirrors. Obviously on 9th Dec that will al change for me.
They instantly annoyed me in my last car and I turned them off. Didn’t turn them back on again until I was mystified as to why people were so concerned. In fairness on trying them I can see you could get accustomed to that type of distance feedback really quickly.

But I noticed reversing in the sensorless M3, that because the rear camera is slightly in front of the rear bumper the bottom of the garage door disappears as I reverse up, at 6 inches distance from the car. So this is an easy way to get a good stopping point when reversing up to a vertical wall, door etc. And reversing there is plenty of light from the reverse lights to see with when its dark.

Pick up my MY LR later today from Trafford Park. My VIN ends PC541XXX - am I likely to have USS? I never got a notification from Tesla about not having USS.

Either way - very excited to pick it up. Struggled to get insurance yesterday - ended up paying £1600 with Privilege :(.
I found Elephant insurance (basically EY) were pretty good on the insurance front. Not too late to change if you only got it today.

Passed 2 truck loads of M3 & MY's on the M42 this morn... assume on there way to the NEC

Anyone's on here?

20221130_090243.jpg

Reactions: mattdav and rowedav