Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone ordered as a company car? Supposed to get delivery next week but haven’t heard anything from the car provider. I suspect it’s a new inventory car (MY LR)

Do they usually provide details like a Reference number or VIN that I can share with Tesla to get more details/updates? At this stage I highly doubt it’s coming next week

Anyone ordered as a company car? Supposed to get delivery next week but haven’t heard anything from the car provider. I suspect it’s a new inventory car (MY LR)

Do they usually provide details like a Reference number or VIN that I can share with Tesla to get more details/updates? At this stage I highly doubt it’s coming next week
I have. Delivery was due for December 23rd but received this text this afternoon:

"Hi Ashley,
Sadly we have had issues with our carrier and we won't be able to deliver your Model 3 to you anymore. Are you happy to collect from our store in Norwich instead? Sorry for the inconvenience."

Could be isolated but could be linked! Really frustrating as that's gonna be a 100 mile round trip for me now.

I have. Delivery was due for December 23rd but received this text this afternoon:

"Hi Ashley,
Sadly we have had issues with our carrier and we won't be able to deliver your Model 3 to you anymore. Are you happy to collect from our store in Norwich instead? Sorry for the inconvenience."

Could be isolated but could be linked! Really frustrating as that's gonna be a 100 mile round trip for me now.
Was the message from Tesla or the company car provider?

"Hi Ashley,

I had similar on Thursday, saying that the "carrier company had confirmed that they were at full capacity" and my order would "alternate to a collection appointment" at Staines (40 miles away).
I replied saying that a collection would be practically impossible and now have a rescheduled delivery for a few days later than the original...

I had similar on Thursday, saying that the "carrier company had confirmed that they were at full capacity"
I had exactly the same with mine back in late June when it was delivered.

They rang me late on the delivery day and asked permission if a Tesla Staff member could drive it to my house to which I granted so mine arrived at 22.00hrs on a Thursday night.

They did mention there would obviously be 70 extra miles on the clock (Manchester to Harrogate) and was concerned about my response.

Maybe worth a shot if you want it urgently.!!

Reactions: SteelmanMFC
I had exactly the same with mine back in late June when it was delivered.

They rang me late on the delivery day and asked permission if a Tesla Staff member could drive it to my house to which I granted so mine arrived at 22.00hrs on a Thursday night.

They did mention there would obviously be 70 extra miles on the clock (Manchester to Harrogate) and was concerned about my response.

Maybe worth a shot if you want it urgently.!!
Thanks. I might send them a message to see if that's an option as the original delivery date is definitely more convenient!

Hi everyone, new to the forum, I ordered a M3P back in august as a company car and I still haven't got a VIN assigned? seems like its taking a long time especially compared to others on the forum. I was told end of the year latest when I ordered the car, especially since its a performance it shouldn't take this long, but it's not looking like that at the moment, anyone having similar experiences? or shorter deliver times than me,

thanks

Hi everyone, new to the forum, I ordered a M3P back in august as a company car and I still haven't got a VIN assigned? seems like its taking a long time especially compared to others on the forum. I was told end of the year latest when I ordered the car, especially since its a performance it shouldn't take this long, but it's not looking like that at the moment, anyone having similar experiences? or shorter deliver times than me,

thanks

There’s a number of factors at play. What options you chose etc. I ordered 7th July and collect on Friday, so just over 5months wait for my M3P.

Did you order direct via Tesla or via a lease company? You tend to get less info if it’s the latter. Still, you don’t get much info if it’s the former to be fair.

Reactions: dajw2793
There’s a number of factors at play. What options you chose etc. I ordered 7th July and collect on Friday, so just over 5months wait for my M3P.

Did you order direct via Tesla or via a lease company? You tend to get less info if it’s the latter. Still, you don’t get much info if it’s the former to be fair.
It was ordered direct from Tesla along with a model y for someone else at the company which was estimated as delivery jan-March and it’s coming on Monday 😭😅

how long was it between getting the vin and delivery date?