Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] 2023 Orders to Delivery for M3 and MY and personal shipping related questions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ll be collecting a MY in 10 days. I plan to pay the balance of the cost of the car by bank transfer about 7 days before I collect the car. What proof of payment will I need to show at the Tesla Collection Centre? Can I just fire up the banking app on my phone to show the payment? I don’t think I have another way to confirm I’ve made the bank transfer.

I’ll be collecting a MY in 10 days. I plan to pay the balance of the cost of the car by bank transfer about 7 days before I collect the car. What proof of payment will I need to show at the Tesla Collection Centre? Can I just fire up the banking app on my phone to show the payment? I don’t think I have another way to confirm I’ve made the bank transfer.
What I was instructed to do was after bank transfer send the receipt toTesla. Didn’t have to show any proof at delivery except for driving license

Reactions: rob@rar
My M3P arrived today on the back of a low loader

Couple of small scratches under the front lip on either side and rear passenger door ever so slightly not flush with the rear quarter (I’ll report both of those when I get app access) but other than that it’s grand.

My word… the acceleration 😆
1108E1E5-CF37-4EAA-B3F5-BA9272387F1B.jpeg

Reactions: Mistake Not
i was made to pay on the 15th of february basis the understanding that delivery is going to be 20-28 Feb. funny enough car has not even arrived to the country yet. Just given an estimate now that arrival at port would be around the 15th of march. That seems strange to be asked to pay way in advance.

Had been made to pay for my MY LR on the 15th of February basis the understanding that delivery is going to be between the 20th and the 28th of February. Funny enough learned today that car have not even arrived to the country yet. Been given an estimate of arrival on the 15th of March. What a joke. Anyway seems tesla operate differently in every country.

I got my MY delivered on Wednesday and am delighted with it. Only imperfections were a couple of bubbles under the PPF on both sides which the guy delivering it pointed out to me. I've reported these via the service bit in the Tesla app but haven't heard back from them yet. Other than that it's all perfect - as any new car should be.

It was delivered on a trailer from the Brent Cross centre just after 1pm on Wednesday and remains the only 23 plate car I've seen so far! The driver said he was doing 5 deliveries that day! (It had 39% battery for those that are interested in that info).

Lots to learn and to get used to but so far no regrets. I'm sure I'll be using the search function on the forum for answers to any questions that crop up!

So I collected mine today, and the car was filthy, I said to the person registering I had to return home so I had no time to look in deep, he said don't worry you have 100 miles or 7 days to return car etc...

Got home later in the afternoon, noticed I've got marks from people opening their car doors to it, have scuffs and scratches and small chips, and the glass looks like it had damage also above passenger seat.

I really need to wash the car properly to see all the imperfections and if some stuff is damage or just dirt.

If I want to reject the car what is the process anyone know? I really am inclined to put a deposit for another one so I don't have to wait if I need to reject this one.

I had it installed while the car was parked and I was at the shops. Took roughly 35 mins. But next I’ll do it in the driveway as also alarm will be temporarily disabled while updating.
Risky move letting the car do a software update like this while away from home, if it messes up somehow you’re pretty screwed. I’d never let one happen away from home.

So I collected mine today, and the car was filthy, I said to the person registering I had to return home so I had no time to look in deep, he said don't worry you have 100 miles or 7 days to return car etc...

Got home later in the afternoon, noticed I've got marks from people opening their car doors to it, have scuffs and scratches and small chips, and the glass looks like it had damage also above passenger seat.

I really need to wash the car properly to see all the imperfections and if some stuff is damage or just dirt.

If I want to reject the car what is the process anyone know? I really am inclined to put a deposit for another one so I don't have to wait if I need to reject this one.
Sorry to hear this. That really shouldn't be the case. Hopefully what you see is actually just dirt rather than damage. As soon as my car was delivered I looked over it and was satisfied all was ok but then I gave it a wash - that's the best way to give every panel and join a thorough inspection in my view.

Sorry to hear this. That really shouldn't be the case. Hopefully what you see is actually just dirt rather than damage. As soon as my car was delivered I looked over it and was satisfied all was ok but then I gave it a wash - that's the best way to give every panel and join a thorough inspection in my view.
Mine (collected Thursday from Trafford Centre) was also grubby - covered in dusty rain spots and attempted cloth wash streaks, and also fresh dry road dust. Thankfully (hopefully) no damage but I’ll give it a proper check over when I wash it myself for the first time.

Old car collected, delivery declaration received and signed.. just a waiting game now 😬
20230306_180351.png

Well she's here.. landed about half 11 this morning. I've spent the rest of the day fitting all the goodies I've been collecting for the past month or so, updating the software, and taking her out for a blast to calibrate the cameras. It's a tight squeeze on the drive but as of yet there's been no mention of the missing USS function, let's hope it stays that way 😅

I got my RN for MY RWD on 6th Feb and been told today by Tesla (after I asked) my delivery window is 1st June to 19th July. This is much later than I expected for an order with a leasing company that's supposed to be "in stock".

That’s weird. Have you gone for a strange spec? I ordered White/Black, 19s and no tow hitch (basically, the total entry level Y) RWD on 22/2 and collect it 23/3. Currently on the boat passing Lisbon I think.

PS - despite my spec of car being in the country, my lease company wouldn’t let me have an ‘inventory’ product which is why I’m having to wait for the ship to come in.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.