Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] 2023 Orders to Delivery for M3 and MY and personal shipping related questions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Salary sacrifice MYLR. Ordered feb. Was initially meant for end of March. Issues with returning current car. Just requested delivery 14th April 👍🏻

So… just had my confirmation. Now for 3rd may..

I’ve been given my VIN/licence plate. When I ordered this was a “special offer” through my employer.

Checked online and the car was registered Nov the 2022! If this ain’t an error, and it’s been say about since November, wonder what the chances are if USS coming on the car? The vin states it’s a 2023 model btw. LRWYHCEK5PC******

When did you order go in? I ordered on 15/03 through work so waiting for the reg etc
So… just had my confirmation. Now for 3rd may..

I’ve been given my VIN/licence plate. When I ordered this was a “special offer” through my employer.

Checked online and the car was registered Nov the 2022! If this ain’t an error, and it’s been say about since November, wonder what the chances are if USS coming on the car? The vin states it’s a 2023 model btw. LRWYHCEK5PC******

Ah ok, if it's first come, first served I may need to wait a little. I've got an April June date for a MYRWD
I think that once you have the RN number then you are in the line with all the other orders (be it direct with Tesla or lease / company car). I don't think they prioritise particular orders. My employer authorised mine on 9/3 (black MYP) and a purchase order was raised the same day. I got the RN number 5 days later. I'm being told an ETA of mid May by Tesla. This makes sense bearing in mine the early Feb orders are starting to turn up mid April. Just over 4 weeks away so should be on a boat soon 🙂

I think that once you have the RN number then you are in the line with all the other orders (be it direct with Tesla or lease / company car). I don't think they prioritise particular orders. My employer authorised mine on 9/3 (black MYP) and a purchase order was raised the same day. I got the RN number 5 days later. I'm being told an ETA of mid May by Tesla. This makes sense bearing in mine the early Feb orders are starting to turn up mid April. Just over 4 weeks away so should be on a boat soon 🙂
Yeah I got an RN pretty much the day the order went in

Company car company said 6-8 weeks

Tesla Amsterdam (who received the order) said late April

And when I speak to Tesla they say April June.

I think mine will be built in China but it was who received the order.

Just saw them on the confirmation email but was told late Apr when the order went in

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230403_161008_Outlook.jpg
    Screenshot_20230403_161008_Outlook.jpg
    276.2 KB · Views: 110
Ordered M3P through zenith last Monday on Salary Sacrifice, took a few days for my payroll to approve it, but the order's in and it's all mine. Currently I'm being told late May for delivery, but no VIN or firm date. Can't wait! The worst bit about moving companies was giving my old M3LR back, so I decided to treat myself. Silver, black interior.

Reactions: ElectricPolice
Ordered M3P through zenith last Monday on Salary Sacrifice, took a few days for my payroll to approve it, but the order's in and it's all mine. Currently I'm being told late May for delivery, but no VIN or firm date. Can't wait! The worst bit about moving companies was giving my old M3LR back, so I decided to treat myself. Silver, black interior.
all very exciting. As I'm an impatient chap, I telephoned Tesla this morning and gave them my RN. Apparently there is a VIN assigned, but the lady couldn't tell me it. She said to expect a message early next week to arrange delivery, but wasn't able to confirm lead times. She said I might be quite surprised though, so here's hoping, since the clutch is going on my 15 year old campervan.

I assume that if there's a VIN, it's probably already in the UK - probably an inventory car, which suits me. It's not showing in my tesla acc, so i can't do the hidden VIN thingy.

I'd best get shopping for accessories as seems to be traditional in this forum!

I'll update here as and when I hear anything else.

Jim

all very exciting. As I'm an impatient chap, I telephoned Tesla this morning and gave them my RN. Apparently there is a VIN assigned, but the lady couldn't tell me it. She said to expect a message early next week to arrange delivery, but wasn't able to confirm lead times. She said I might be quite surprised though, so here's hoping, since the clutch is going on my 15 year old campervan.

I assume that if there's a VIN, it's probably already in the UK - probably an inventory car, which suits me. It's not showing in my tesla acc, so i can't do the hidden VIN thingy.

Jim
Great stuff

How did you get a vin so soon?

Jim

Great stuff

How did you get a vin so soon?
And it
i suspect it's because they have one in stock that matches my spec. Very lucky!
It gets even better. Just got a text, delivery on Friday 14th April. So after about a week of lease company / company payroll horsetrading, I got my RN through from Tesla this monday (3rd of april). I've now had a text telling me I get delivery on 14th April at my home. Incredibly quick service, I guess I just picked an option they had in stock.

Model 3 Pro, Midnight Silver, Black Interior.

Now I'm definitely shopping for accessories this weekend!

Reactions: Leekt0314
I've been told late may early June for a delivery window

MYRWD in silver with 20" wheels and black interior

What's the chances it comes earlier then that
No idea mate, but I’m rooting for you!

I’m certainly no expert, this is only my second M3, but I’d imagine it’s a far easier conversation to bring an estimated delivery forward rather than push one back, so perhaps they are just being pessimistic?

Reactions: Leekt0314
So I collected mine today, and the car was filthy, I said to the person registering I had to return home so I had no time to look in deep, he said don't worry you have 100 miles or 7 days to return car etc...

Got home later in the afternoon, noticed I've got marks from people opening their car doors to it, have scuffs and scratches and small chips, and the glass looks like it had damage also above passenger seat.

I really need to wash the car properly to see all the imperfections and if some stuff is damage or just dirt.

If I want to reject the car what is the process anyone know? I really am inclined to put a deposit for another one so I don't have to wait if I need to reject this one.
You can’t reject it. You already took it. You have to do a buy back. My car came damaged too.

Status
Not open for further replies.