Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] 2023 Orders to Delivery for M3 and MY and personal shipping related questions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
just put a deposit down and did a PCP application for a Y RWD at 40570 - jumped when they posted it on hotukdeals. Will test drive on Monday or might pop round tomorrow if west drayton are open and they have space.

I put photos but my car is pretty dirty. I had previously done a trade in on the website and got a figure but they didn’t email it to me - I have a screenshot though. Should I be able to hold them to that if the updated value is significantly different? This only works if the trade in settles the finance which the indicative value I got yesterday does.

also the application is a bit odd - I selected to deliver to staines, but then further on it asks for my address in case it is available for delivery to my home, but then immediately pops off to a different page to do the order and doesn’t mention that again. So I have no idea where it thinks it might be dropped off or not. the one I clicked on was saying its in southampton now

last friday I booked a test drive for this morning
saturday I put a deposit down on a Y RWD as they’d posted the discounts to hotukdeals so thought I’d jump to hold one just in case
Saturday finance application done and cleared
Monday morning driving to the test drive, call from Tesla - all ready to go and can pick up from Staines (actually close to me for once) next Wednesday 10am. Just need to check the tradein etc is all sorted ahead of that and get a number plate to swap my insurance over.

Any tips on the insurance? Will my existing insurer be able to overlap the two cars for that day? I’d be driving my car in for trade-in and driving out with the new one

how does Tesla sequence the finance payments? I have a pickup on 14th June and will be trading in my current car. Both financed through Tesla so will settle one first. trying to work out if I'll have a months grace for the new car or will I have to factor in a double payment?

My settlement figure in the app says its valid until 10th june so I assume they'll calculate interest and it'll go up a little then? Tesla payments go out on the 15th normally so the day after collecting the new one

so my deadline to pay the full settlement passed without any help from CS other than ‘probably just wait’. Then got an email saying my settlement was cancelled, and they took my direct debit as normal.

so hopefuly all set for next week but hopefully they take the refreshed settlement figure which - with the trade in - should give me £300 back vs owing them £300.

whats the closest you've been to pickup before the actual contract is ready? Getting nervous now - I know they made a mistake on the 'completed tasks' finance transposing a digit which I hope they pick up in the real contract. But if not I need time to correct them - I've had revised contracts pretty fast once they're drafted but I pick up 10am weds and still nothing in the contract area

They jsut came back to me - sent a text message saying ‘where do you want the £3k refunded’. I replied saying ‘please call me’ and had to explain they’d miscalculated. The amount financed shows on their side as £43090 but should be £40390.

They’ll check but I really shouldn’t have to be doing their contracts for them :)

thinking about it - if they had a contract saying £43090 was financed and they paid me £3k, but my finance with black horse is for £40590 - is that tough for them or would they chase me for it eventually? could have come out of it well ;)

even with that changes its not accurate. They say £40590 for the car, minus the £200 deposit = £40390 financed. But my finance application that was approved is for the full sticker price of £40590 so they don’t even match from the start!

so hopefully they give me that £200 deposit back as the full amount is financed.

thank you for reading my blog - quiet in here :)

Reactions: Temper Tantrum
Anyone get this before they picked up their car (arrived by email)

Due to a new industry policy, your vehicle must be shipped with a max 50% charge—meaning your Model Y charge status may be lower than our usual standard at your delivery appointment.​
We are giving you 100 miles of free Supercharging for the inconvenience. You will be able to redeem your Supercharging credit a few days after delivery in the Loot Box in your Tesla app.​

Argh. Picked up the new Y. Will take a while to reset my brains calibration of miles/% vs my 3LR

Delivered with 24% battery so I figured I’d use up the 100 free supercharger miles. Picked Heston eastbound as it’s simple to get to. Only just realised I can’t turn around and the nearest junction is Chiswick roundabout whihc adds a lot to the trip home :/

Also my indicators are massively loud and I can’t find any kind of volume control.

Argh. Picked up the new Y. Will take a while to reset my brains calibration of miles/% vs my 3LR

Delivered with 24% battery so I figured I’d use up the 100 free supercharger miles. Picked Heston eastbound as it’s simple to get to. Only just realised I can’t turn around and the nearest junction is Chiswick roundabout whihc adds a lot to the trip home :/

Also my indicators are massively loud and I can’t find any kind of volume control.
Joe mode?

We had an MY loaner when ours went for repair last week and it was the opposite. We couldn’t hear the blips (over the blaring stereo) and when checked JM was on.

We’re old and I’m a little deaf I guess😂

Although not JM related my misses always hated my M3 boot close beeps and was well happy when her MY was quieter…

Today feels like new car day all over again! Just had all 4 x 21" corners re-done by a local alloy expert - car looks great again now and I'm buzzing to get back in it!
Score was 3-1 to me, the Mrs did the other (and first!) one.....
Hopefully a more learned and careful approach from now on 😁🤞

I ordered a MYP back in March via a third party, and on a salary sacrifice scheme. I'm in the UK so assume it's coming from China. EDD was early June but on chasing a few weeks back it has slipped to mid-July. The lack of info is very frustrating as I need to get my current car sold whilst prices are still high. Anyone any ideas on how likely the mid-July date is?

I ordered a Model Y RWD, white - went for the white interior too. Did this through salary sacrifice around June 20th, got my RN number on 28th June and Tesla suggest July-Aug delivery. What can I expect from here - have I been allocated a car yet? Will it be likely my delivery will be brought forward at all?

I ordered a MYP back in March via a third party, and on a salary sacrifice scheme. I'm in the UK so assume it's coming from China. EDD was early June but on chasing a few weeks back it has slipped to mid-July. The lack of info is very frustrating as I need to get my current car sold whilst prices are still high. Anyone any ideas on how likely the mid-July date is?
I am in the same boat - I sold my car last month and now struggling through for now haha! My sacrifice provider say September, but tesla say July-Aug for me?

Have you checked for a hidden vin? If you log into your Tesla account and go to: https://www.tesla.com/teslaaccount/oxp-bff-api/user-orders If you have a VIN, take a look at the shipping section of this forum to find which shipment it’s in for an ETA 👍
Thank you! As it’s through salary sacrifice and the lease provider, I won’t see anything in my account until I’ve already taken delivery! I’ll see if there’s anything in inventory!

Status
Not open for further replies.