Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] 2024.14.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone’s update taking an age to install? Started at 7:30… I need to leave the house at 8:45 😅

Updates usually don’t take this long?

EDIT: convinced Tesla gods are reading. Just finished now, jumped from 60% to 100% in a minute or so

• Funny
Reactions: Parrog
Anyone’s update taking an age to install? Started at 7:30… I need to leave the house at 8:45 😅

Updates usually don’t take this long?

EDIT: convinced Tesla gods are reading. Just finished now, jumped from 60% to 100% in a minute or so
Around 35 minutes.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240529_050143_One UI Home.jpg
    Screenshot_20240529_050143_One UI Home.jpg
    176.9 KB · Views: 6
Installed the following 2 days ago in my M3H RWD- v12 ⁦2024.14.8

Since then no emergency breaking, cruise control doesn’t work, indicators don’t switch off after changing lane, no detection of white lines and steering correction.. there may be more.

Not great TBH.
I'm just installing 14.8 now and had hoped it would fix the indicators which have had a habit of failing to cancel since the last update. Looks like I might be out of luck.

I'm just installing 14.8 now and had hoped it would fix the indicators which have had a habit of failing to cancel since the last update. Looks like I might be out of luck.
Are you trying to use them as "3 blink" mode? (whatever that is called)

If so, you're probably a victim of Tesla having turned on "Auto cancel" for everyone. This feature will make single pull indicators keep blinking until the car thinks you've done the manoeuvre, whether that be changing lanes or whatever.

Arrived overnight for me (23MYSR) and installed with no issue - did take a little longer than the last couple but I guess it's a bigger update.

I do like the speed chimes and bigger speedo display. I have Auto-Cancel on anyway and no issue with white line detection or steering correction here.

Since then no emergency breaking, cruise control doesn’t work, indicators don’t switch off after changing lane, no detection of white lines and steering correction.. there may be more.
The indicator issue is due to the setting under the lights menu for indicators being set to auto by the update. Turn that off to return them back to the previous behaviour.

I think I polled the refresh updates too many times! Still nothing for me and I used to be in the early batch.

Also as part of the hot weather HVAC improvements, I was hoping to see something smart, like A/C turning off automatically when I open my windows but seems that's a bit too much to ask at the moment..

I think I polled the refresh updates too many times! Still nothing for me and I used to be in the early batch.

Also as part of the hot weather HVAC improvements, I was hoping to see something smart, like A/C turning off automatically when I open my windows but seems that's a bit too much to ask at the moment..
not sure pulling down to refresh would help. refresh only works after 24 have passed since the last check. happy to be corrected here.

Are you trying to use them as "3 blink" mode? (whatever that is called)

If so, you're probably a victim of Tesla having turned on "Auto cancel" for everyone. This feature will make single pull indicators keep blinking until the car thinks you've done the manoeuvre, whether that be changing lanes or whatever.
I think the issue affects either state. The 3 blink mode seems to need to be cancelled after say leaving a roundabout when previously it would stop as it should, on roads I have driven many times without this behaviour. Likewise on a 'hard' signal when you push the stalk all the way down sometimes it cancels and sometimes it doesn't.

It seems that Tesla continue to have big problems with software updates, wipers, indicators etc and not too mention removing stalks! I am so pleased that I sold my M3LR a few months ago and now await my new BMW i4
so why are you still following Tesla posts then? just kidding 😄.
enjoy your new car. I don't know about the efficiency but I am sure you would like the suspension and ride quality.