Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] 2024.8.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Unfortunately Tesla doesn't have adaptive cornering tech in the lights, so the whole "illuminate the pavement" configuration of them will momentarily blind people in instances where you're sweeping across their field of view. I don't think there is a solution for that short of dropping them down quite a bit. Unfortunately I think it is a case of "it is what it is".
The other option is in the adjustment menu to move the horizontal adjustment as far to the left as possible on both lights.

• Informative
Reactions: Durzel
Unfortunately Tesla doesn't have adaptive cornering tech in the lights, so the whole "illuminate the pavement" configuration of them will momentarily blind people in instances where you're sweeping across their field of view. I don't think there is a solution for that short of dropping them down quite a bit. Unfortunately I think it is a case of "it is what it is".
Fog lights cornering like on many brand/models maybe?

Reactions: Obie
Quite impressed. They’re playing it safe with the blanking so could go even finer on the precision. Interestingly I was cursing two cars behind me with dazzling headlights and they were both Model 3s. Hope mine isn’t doing the same.

Autopilot much less panicky too. It’s definitely seeing indicators and braking for them, which is intriguing but also a tiny bit annoying. Fewer failed lane changes too. Not unique to 2024.8 as it’s been a gradual improvement since the disaster that was last summer.

Quite impressed. They’re playing it safe with the blanking so could go even finer on the precision. Interestingly I was cursing two cars behind me with dazzling headlights and they were both Model 3s. Hope mine isn’t doing the same.

Autopilot much less panicky too. It’s definitely seeing indicators and braking for them, which is intriguing but also a tiny bit annoying. Fewer failed lane changes too. Not unique to 2024.8 as it’s been a gradual improvement since the disaster that was last summer.
I noticed a few releases ago that it was spotting indicators when on AP and reacting which was clever. I even spotted that when a car one lane to the left ahead of me on a motorway started indicating that AP changed it to the target (darker grey) before it had even started to make the lane change.

Reactions: thax1
Makes it more likely to get the new autopark as it’s part of that Stone Age release branch 😉
Sadly on wife’s car it’s just standard autopilot so wouldn’t get it regardless. I think if I buy a Tesla it would have Enhanced Autopilot assuming it looks like those missing features are now starting to turn up. I’d mainly want it though for the lane change feature.

Matrix headlight branch for me please.

2024.8.7 just installed here. Won't have a chance to test it out until this evening.
I don’t expect to get that one either. I think our car normally jumps on the bandwagon around a .8 release when it’s all pretty much been tested and verified across the early adopters. Shame the Advanced and Standard option for when you get updates in the car doesn’t actually seem to do anything to influence which group you are in.

Reactions: drewpost
Sadly on wife’s car it’s just standard autopilot so wouldn’t get it regardless. I think if I buy a Tesla it would have Enhanced Autopilot assuming it looks like those missing features are now starting to turn up. I’d mainly want it though for the lane change feature.

Matrix headlight branch for me please.
Even if it was REALLY good in its initial release, could it sway you/her towards buying the EAP add-on for your car?

I don't know why Tesla hasn't extended the EAP/FSD monthly subscription to Europe instead of limiting it to the one-off £3.5k/£7k purchase...

Reactions: drewpost