Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] 2024.8.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My wife's M3LR got 2024.8.7 a week or so ago, and immediately TeslaMate was showing offline instead of asleep. My MYLR got the same update 2 days ago and shows "asleep" as usual.

Only difference that I know of is the M3LR has the Atom processor whereas the MYLR is Ryzen.
Interesting data point - thanks. Mine is an M3LR with the Atom processor too so that correlates ...

8.7 first available 27/March
You sure?

Screenshot 2024-03-31 at 17.27.39.png

That's my wife's M3LR updating to 2024.8.7.

My wife's M3LR got 2024.8.7 a week or so ago, and immediately TeslaMate was showing offline instead of asleep. My MYLR got the same update 2 days ago and shows "asleep" as usual.

Only difference that I know of is the M3LR has the Atom processor whereas the MYLR is Ryzen.
Interesting. My wife's car is a 23 M3P so yes has the Ryzen. You could be onto something there that its just affecting the Intel cars.

I’m starting to think it has to do with the size of the cohort.
TeslaFi now reports that just 25% of the fleet is now on this update. I’m guessing Tesla are setting quotas then wait a few days/weeks to expand a release to a wider audience to mitigate any bugs.
That's generally how software companies and large corporate IT teams release software updates, normally known as Rings or Waves. Can be wildly different, but how we do it:

Ring 0 = Developers, testers, admins
Ring 1 = QA testers, early adopters
Ring 2 = Small group of 'normal' everyday users (or power users)
Ring 3 = Larger group of 'normal' users
Ring 4 onwards = Larger and larger groups of users until everyone has it, or a set % of users per ring.

I’m starting to think it has to do with the size of the cohort.
TeslaFi now reports that just 25% of the fleet is now on this update. I’m guessing Tesla are setting quotas then wait a few days/weeks to expand a release to a wider audience to mitigate any bugs.
Looks like this could be the case, significantly less installs today vs other days, and it's followed the same pattern as 8.4 where it started low, went to around 1k per day then has tailed off again.

So got to have a short test as it got darker of the headlights on the A14 for a few miles. Then we autopiloted into a pothole at 70mph and had 1 psi in a tyre within a minute. Luckily car warned us pressure was dropping very quickly, got off the road before it was a pancake. Rest of the trip home was on a flatbed.

Wouldn't be surprised if a rim is cracked as it was a pretty damn hard hit and must have been large hole (Didnt see it), apparently the other tyre on that side is also screwed and will need changing. God our roads are just so bad and 20 inch wheels on the Performance are too large for our crappy roads.

We have one of each (Ryzen/Atom) - both on 2024.8.7. Ryzen one is working fine on TeslaMate, Atom one showing offline.

I saw there was a v1.28.5 of TeslaMate released, my give that a blast…

AP jerking to the left then swerving back to the right when passing junctions has been happening to me for years. Curiously, it doesn’t happen in Spain. There’s something about the layout of UK motorway junctions than confuses AP.
I was comparing 2024.8.4 on the way up M4/M5 to 2024.8.7 on the way back.
Both late at night on unlit relatively empty motorways.
I've had the indications, but never had the left swerve and they didn't happen on 8.4, although it had some phantom brakes.
As it coincided with the keep right and you say it doesn't happen in Spain, my suspicion is that we are suffering from "what are right hand drive cars" and some programming logic errors.
Perhaps if we ever get RHD v12 FSD they might fix it 🤞