Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] 2024.8.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There's no neural net in the old Autopilot we have. It'll just be vision mapping out Lane markings and a lot of code.
Sure, all the planning and control is procedural code, but vision is done with neural nets. If the training set didn't include particular kinds of markings that are peculiar to the UK, the net is highly likely to be less accurate at recognising those markings, compared to other styles of markings that are closer to what it was trained on.

Reactions: MrBadger
Not that I’ve heard, more likely they have pulled the version you were being offered and you’ll get 2024.8.7 soon
I see, thanks. Was curious as the update was only offered when I arrived at my destination, was available Fri, Sat and Sun morning. Sunday evening back home : no update available. Ahh well, clocks have changed now, don’t need matrix lights until October again!

• Funny
Reactions: M1tch
It's still trickling out according to TeslaFi. Sadly, still not hit my car yet!
1711997289225.png

yeah still haven't had it here, been over a month since my last update now which is unusual, although I had this for a 'large' feature update last year (can't remember what feature).

There have been lots less installs today vs other days however they do say 1,000 cars have the installation pending.

I have a feeling they've either got another minor version coming.

Had the update last Friday. Headlights are impressive. Probably not quite as good as my bmw as that is able to block out smaller objects whereas the Tesla seems to switch off more light. Also helps bmw lights turn as you turn the steering wheel. Still great for an Easter freebee.

For ref mine is a model y registered December 23. Took ages to get the Xmas update but all other updated were quite early. This one seems to have taken a while to arrive

Reactions: SGPips
Actually, it looks like another push of 2024.8.7 has started, numbers of pending goung up in TeslaFi.

Still nothing on my cars (2x MY's 2023, one on 2024.2.8, other one on 2024.8.4). Hopefully soon!
Good catch, another 1,300+ pending installs at the moment. Way up considering only a couple of hundred have installed each day over the weekend.