Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] 2024 Order to Delivery discussion

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Nice! almost wish I'd gone for the Red, but have chosen blue as my last 3 cars have been red :D

I'm still waiting to hear about my delivery slot but have had the Tesla email for signing acceptance through first thing, fingers crossed it comes before dark and I can check it over in the light.
I liked blue, the wife liked red… so we compromised on red!

To be fair it’s a stunning colour, much nicer than the previous red so no regrets. Shame it’s so expensive though!

To be fair it’s a stunning colour, much nicer than the previous red so no regrets. Shame it’s so expensive though!
I also just couldn't justify spending even more on a colour, but will be happy with the blue.

That is if my car ever turns up, I had a call at lunchtime to say the transporter booked for it had broken down and they're trying to sort something out :(

For anyone that has received their highland RWD could you please confirm the mileage shown in the app after full charge and before anyone says it’s been discussed before I have spent hours looking and just thought would ask you guys to get specific answer for highland. I thought the mileage should show the rated mileage but I’m seeing 242 which is over 100 less. Apologies if this isn’t correct place to ask but it’s only recently been delivered
Miles left is based on recent driving. If you have just got the car previous mileage will be cold starting. Go to dock. Repeat onto ship. Repeat off ship. Repeat onto transporter. Repeat off transporter. Your ICE would be averaging less than 10 mpg. Don't worry. Try it after a 30 mile run and then use percent battery rather than range and you can relax.

Reactions: Oxid8ter

Car looks stunning in the red, Photon look a lot nicer than the Aero too - its like they did design AND aerodynamics rather than just aerodynamics this time. Didnt stop me spec'ing the Nova alloys though... Might get some Photons as a second set for "long haul" to eke as much as i can out of the battery.

I had the deep blue metallic on my old Model 3, lovely colour by all accounts, but the Red just grabbed my attention this time around. Whilst everyone else (manufacturer wise) is going for neutral colours like primer greys, and and khaki greens, its a nice difference to put a nice vibrant car on the road!

I personally think the blue looked better on the old car than it does on the new, but thats just my own personal preference... it still looks good.

My M3LR finally arrived around 6.30pm very exciting, got the initial bits sorted and profile saved but so much to learn and get familiar with!

Arrived with 6miles on the clock, just been out for a short drive and enjoyed it :) Although, when I got back out the side pillar camera caught my eye, it looked like the glass was cracked! but it turns out they hadn't removed the plastic wrap from that bit!! will need a closer inspection in the morning light but the other side looked fine.

Reactions: Oxid8ter
Bear in mind that the mileage range shown beside the battery symbol will be based on EPA and not the WLTP range advertised. (Most people switch the display to percentage instead. ) When actually using the nav the percentage predicted at arrival is usually pretty accurate.

For anyone that has received their highland RWD could you please confirm the mileage shown in the app after full charge and before anyone says it’s been discussed before I have spent hours looking and just thought would ask you guys to get specific answer for highland. I thought the mileage should show the rated mileage but I’m seeing 242 which is over 100 less. Apologies if this isn’t correct place to ask but it’s only recently been delivered
The range on the Tesla site is WLTP which is calculated in conditions that the car manufacturers love, the car shows US EPA which is a better calculation.
As a Model 3 SR+ owner of four years (45,000 miles), all I can say is don't sweat about the miles shown on a fully charged car as your range will change daily and almost certainly is not an issue with the battery.
My early short range car is the shortest range of any Model 3 without heat pump but never stopped me doing the NW500 round Scotland in October and numerous long range trips, even with a trailer attached.
Just look at the mpg claims of hybrids which are usually over 150 mpg and you will understand that the government specified WLTP and EPA test that Tesla use and display for a fully charged car bear no relationship to what is daily achieved.
If you use the sat nav though, the range shown is extremely accurate, recalculates along the route, offers charging stations and will warn you to slow down if it thinks you won't make it.
Just set the range to % and enjoy the car.

Just look at the mpg claims of hybrids which are usually over 150 mpg and you will understand that the government specified WLTP and EPA test that Tesla use and display for a fully charged car bear no relationship to what is daily achieved.
This is one of the best explanations of WLTP. The fact a petrol Range Rover Evoque P300e gets 141mpg is laughable. If you don't consider the battery range it is circa 35mpg.

Well, that exceeded expectations! Went with wife to collect her ( and either of our first) M3 at Southampton today. As we approached door of Showroom it was opened with "Amanda?" After a cup of coffee as her Licence was copied we were shown to vehicle. Immaculately presented and our friendly Tesla man spent a good time going through all controls, setting up phone etc. Very thorough. The move to Tesla follows six or so new BMW's and this handover exceeds most we have had from BM - and with a touch more sincerity!

Attachments

• IMG_0170.jpeg
    IMG_0170.jpeg
    495.2 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_0167.jpeg
    IMG_0167.jpeg
    261.7 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:
Anyone with the M3H having issues with Tessie and Tezlab continuously dropping out and requiring logging back in? Didn’t have this issue with my old M3 so assuming it’s something unique with the M3H
This happens to me for the first 2 days after I picked up my M3H on Monday, I was going to ask the same question too. But for some reason, Tessie kept logged in since Wednesday and I don't have this issue anymore.