Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] 2024 Order to Delivery discussion

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone got any insight into why the front mudflaps? They seem much flimsier than the ones you can buy from Tesla, and I would guess do nothing for the airflow, so be interested in the rational.
My last M3 had front mudflaps too, just that they were in the frunk that time rather than fitted to the car. At least with these they are fitted for you to save you faffing. Theyre not great, but I'd rather have them than not.

Reactions: KeithA
Had confirmation from my sales advisor by text that my MY RWD is due in the country next week.

No confirmation of its the slightly upgraded features the ones we’re seeing in China has (ambient lighting etc)

Anybody had any info to confirm the above?

Had confirmation from my sales advisor by text that my MY RWD is due in the country next week.

No confirmation of its the slightly upgraded features the ones we’re seeing in China has (ambient lighting etc)

Ask your Sales Advisor?

When I ordered my '22 Model 3, after I placed my order and received a delivery date I asked my one (who assisted me with the test drive and provided me with his email address) whether it would be coming with double glazed front windows and the new AMD processor, and he kindly confirmed it did!

Bearing in mind that the online configurator is not reflecting these changes, its rather unlikely that one which is already in the country will have the "mini-refresh". AFAIK, China is the only market with this so far.

A new screen in the app... all dates have gone (was 2-17 Feb) and now just "We'll notify you when it's time to schedule your delivery appointment"

The Vin/Reg disappeared a week ago and Arval are very vague about what happened.

i'm telling myself that it means it's just hit the assembly line to try cure the impatience.
Im a lease customer and in the same situation... Stealth grey, started off as feb/march, now it is may-July..!

Interestingly the configurator indicates the delay could be due to the demand in the colour. White, Blue, and Black all indicate Feb-March on the "standard" M3, Ultra Red and Stealth Grey showing as April-May. Both of these being regardless of what wheels/interior you allocate.

It could be that they have factored in the admin time of the leasing company to the anticipated dates showing in your app.

Interestingly the configurator indicates the delay could be due to the demand in the colour. White, Blue, and Black all indicate Feb-March on the "standard" M3, Ultra Red and Stealth Grey showing as April-May. Both of these being regardless of what wheels/interior you allocate.

It could be that they have factored in the admin time of the leasing company to the anticipated dates showing in your app.
Very different to the pushy sales guy saying I could have it next week :').

Thankfully I have a car still (unlike 2019 when it was delayed by 3 months..), but I don't fancy buying more tyres for before I return it!

What is annoying mind is a neighbour has the stealth grey so I have to look at it everyday!

Fingers crossed it changes or the price drops between now and then :)

I have learnt over the years to never listen to the sales rep.

Its also very odd as Tesla don't work on a commission model, so if it was a Tesla rep they have nothing to gain from you placing an order.

From what I have learnt over the years, leasing always adds a layer of complication. Hopefully the dates move left for you, but i'd never believe "you could have the car by next week" unless it was a pre-configured vehicle to your exact spec.. but from what I can see all of the pre-configured M3's currently are the "legacy" model/shape.