Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] 2024 Order to Delivery discussion

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'd like to be placing a Model Y lease order right now, however I can't find a single method of contacting someone to get a re-quote without 9 months up-front. Anyone have any tips? Checked the app, checked the account online, can't find a proper number to call etc.

Tesla Ordering from start to finish (it really started on 2nd Jan with the salary sacrifice scheme via Arval).

TESLA ORDER APPEARED 18/1/2024 - No Vin/Reg
TESLA SMS 19/1/2024 - Tesla Update - Congratulations, we've received your Model 3 order. Your order reference is
VIN/REG ALLOCATED 23/1/2024 - Reg (73 plate) + Vin (1st)
DELIVERY SCHEDULED 23/1/2024 - No Date but scheduled showing a calendar and a schedule heading
VIN/REG DE-ALLOCATED 31/1/2024 - Estimated 2024/2/2->2024/2/17
TESLA APP 5/2/2024 - No dates shown in the app
TESLA APP 8/2/2024 - Date Range Changes 10/3/2024-25/3/2024
TESLA APP 9/2/2024 - VIN Disappeared - Reg Appeared (24 Plate)
TESLA SMS 14/2/2024 - Tesla Action Required - Your Model 3 will be delivered on Monday, 26 February.
TESLA APP 14/2/2024 - VIN missing - Reg Remains
TESLA SMS 15/2/2024 - Asked Tesla via SMS if 73 plate + Feb Delivery was correct
TELSA PHONE CALL 15/2/20 - "Logistics Issue" new date 9/3/2024
TESLA SMS 15/2/2024 - Tesla Reminder - Your Model 3 will be delivered on 9 March 2024 to <my address>
TESLA APP 16/2/2024 - VIN re-appeared (2nd) - Reg 24 plate
TESLA EMAIL - 8/3/2024 - 100 supercharger miles due to delivery battery charge.
TESLA EMAIL - 9/3/2024 - Adobe digital sign to confirm when delivery happens
TESLA DELIVERY (ANYVAN)- 9/3/2024 - Approx 1hr30 away :-) (tracking link didn't work)
DELIVERED! - Unloaded from trailer, took a few photos, 73% battery had to sign his phone

The only thing that isn't clear - is Arval's website hasn't caught out yet - I'm not 100% convinced I trust insurance cover to be in place - of course it *SHOULD* be.

My UK model 3, ordered through ALD leasing late December and confirmed 8th Jan, was supposed to be due round about today. ALD were chasing last week and were suddenly told that it was going to be May-June delivery now. The app changed yesterday to show May 29th - August 1st due date :rolleyes:

Ordered a Model Y (on lease) on Saturday 9th, allocated VIN the same day, text yesterday (11th) to say a car and reg plate had been allocated, with a provisional pickup date of this weekend, barring any delay in CA Auto getting the paperwork to both Tesla and me to sign.

Completely glossing over the fact I'm near Liverpool and need to go all the way up to Newcastle to collect it :D I am supremely impatient and was told it was this car, or wait another 3 weeks for one to appear at Manchester.

Had a test drive M3 Highland on Sunday 3rd March at Brent X NW London. Loved her, ordered RWD on Monday 4th, car ready for me on the Thursday. When I turned up from the school opposite , where I work, at 12.30pm to pick her up she only had 12% charge. I was worried I wouldn't be able to reach home in Watford. They were brilliant, asked me to pop back after school finished and she had been charged to 70%. Still have my free 100 miles as well.

My timeline of ordering MY RWD all standard in Manchester, UK.
  1. Order placed on 04/02/2024, estimated delivery date on app Feb - Mar.
  2. 05/02 contacted by delivery team, VIN and license place allocated (the actual I have got in the end) and collection appointment booked for 01/03.
  3. 22/02 noticed VIN is missing on the app.
  4. 27/02 received another automated confirmation of collection appointment booked for 01/03.
  5. 28/02 VIN allocated again (same as before), but after double checking with delivery team, being told collection date should be moved to 12/03.
  6. 12/03 actually collected the car.
P.s. can actually confirm that MY 2024 comes with no interior updates as in China (no ambient light and no rear passenger screen). Was also surprised there is no tire repair kit.

My timeline of ordering MY RWD all standard in Manchester, UK.
  1. Order placed on 04/02/2024, estimated delivery date on app Feb - Mar.
  2. 05/02 contacted by delivery team, VIN and license place allocated (the actual I have got in the end) and collection appointment booked for 01/03.
  3. 22/02 noticed VIN is missing on the app.
  4. 27/02 received another automated confirmation of collection appointment booked for 01/03.
  5. 28/02 VIN allocated again (same as before), but after double checking with delivery team, being told collection date should be moved to 12/03.
  6. 12/03 actually collected the car.
P.s. can actually confirm that MY 2024 comes with no interior updates as in China (no ambient light and no rear passenger screen). Was also surprised there is no tire repair kit.
I ordered about same time as you, my Y RWD was delivered 28th Feb. I went through a broker via carwow for a personal 2 years lease as only need 8k miles a year and worked out cheaper than direct with Tesla which was min 10k miles p/a. I ordered the tyre repair kit from Tesla, hope I won’t need it 🤞

Very impressed with car so far, my first EV

I think China are only getting those upgrades at the moment, if other markets do I think it will be reported first by other countries nearer China

got my car delivered on the back of the trailer yesterday with 100% charge, wasn't expecting that. After speaking with the driver, being they have moved from the NEC in Birmingham to thier new location, they have plenty of chargers, so offer a full charge on collection, or delivery :)

Had a test drive M3 Highland on Sunday 3rd March at Brent X NW London. Loved her, ordered RWD on Monday 4th, car ready for me on the Thursday. When I turned up from the school opposite , where I work, at 12.30pm to pick her up she only had 12% charge. I was worried I wouldn't be able to reach home in Watford. They were brilliant, asked me to pop back after school finished and she had been charged to 70%. Still have my free 100 miles as well.
RWD doesn't seem to be an issue. Mine's a LR and the goalposts have moved.

Good Morning,

I’ve had a scroll so sorry if I’ve missed where this is written.

I’m leasing a car through salary sacrifice.

On the day of collection will I be able to connect my phone to become my key and set up the charging etc?

I have the app and registered a card already.

I thought I’d read that lease cars cause an issue registering the phone as I don’t technically own the vehicle…

It’s leased through Tusker.

Model Y LR being collected from Southampton.

Thanks in advance

Chris

Good Morning,

I’ve had a scroll so sorry if I’ve missed where this is written.

I’m leasing a car through salary sacrifice.

On the day of collection will I be able to connect my phone to become my key and set up the charging etc?

I have the app and registered a card already.

I thought I’d read that lease cars cause an issue registering the phone as I don’t technically own the vehicle…

It’s leased through Tusker.

Model Y LR being collected from Southampton.

Thanks in advance

Chris
As a driver of the car, it makes absolute sense that you should be able to connect to phone and have full access to the vehicle. I cannot confirm you for sure about leasing with Tusker, but I have got PCC and I am technically not an owner until I pay off the loan, even though the first thing I did when collecting a car is setting up a phone as a key and adding payment card for Supercharger.

I lease 2.
Both times the lease has been linked to the email I use for the Tesla account (and hence app to provide pre delivery info).
Both times Tesla has automatically made the car available to me in the app on collection.
Both times I cannot add another driver without the lease company doing it (which takes a few days for the car to hit their systems as delivered to be possible, but only took a day turnaround when requested)