Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] 2024 Order to Delivery discussion

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got in touch with CA who said my finance was ready but needed my driving license re-attaching to my application. The fella did that while I was on the phone, the application was sent on, and was told the funds "should" be sent on today ready for tomorrow. The chap at Tesla also told me he'd text me "by 4pm" with an update. I've heard nothing from either side and the Tesla chap hasn't responded to a text. I'm due to collect tomorrow morning!

This really hasn't been a slick experience. I'm also going to have to get the train over to collection and just hope things are miraculously sorted by the time I get there.

Just had the text to say still no funding, so now my collection is pushed back to later in the afternoon in the hope that the funds will arrive by midday :mad:

EDIT: Further text to say collection pushed back to Tuesday now. This has been a dog *sugar* experience.

Last edited:
Just had the text to say still no funding, so now my collection is pushed back to later in the afternoon in the hope that the funds will arrive by midday :mad:

EDIT: Further text to say collection pushed back to Tuesday now. This has been a dog *sugar* experience.
boooo.. can we blame the french? CA = Credit Agricole

might be worth chatting to a Tesla advisor online later this morning and seeing if CA have uploaded to the portal and they may be able to reschedule it. PITA though having to juggle travel & things around them.

you'll get a Tesla survey a couple of days after delivery. Not sure how much notice they take, but hope it's a genuine exercise.

boooo.. can we blame the french? CA = Credit Agricole

might be worth chatting to a Tesla advisor online later this morning and seeing if CA have uploaded to the portal and they may be able to reschedule it. PITA though having to juggle travel & things around them.

you'll get a Tesla survey a couple of days after delivery. Not sure how much notice they take, but hope it's a genuine exercise.
Yea I've asked for a call from Tesla this morning, and I'll be getting on the phone to CA as soon as their lines open at 9am to give them down the banks. Even worse is I need to be careful about my current car usage as it went on an evening Motorway "auction" but I don't find out those results until 15:30 today. I know this is my own doing, but I only did it on the back of yesterday's call with CA where they said everything should be good for collection today.

The text from Tesla last night said "Unfortunately not the news you will want to hear but we have had a confirmed list of orders to be paid today, and yours is not on the list" - I can only assume this means they know what's getting paid today (Friday).

When I sold with Motorway it was a few days before collection was arranged and the car went. So likely the dealer that bought it might not get it booked in till after the weekend and would be sometime in the week. Ended up going for more than i expected so was happy with that.

Problem was that i got an ex-demo i-Pace which i then had to reject so ended up without a car for about a month. Fortunately Hertz have a good deal on Polestars, as general public aren't hiring them as they don't want the hastle of charging them.
Did get itin neck from other half for selling the car, 'too quickly' after getting the Jag.

Yea I've asked for a call from Tesla this morning, and I'll be getting on the phone to CA as soon as their lines open at 9am to give them down the banks. Even worse is I need to be careful about my current car usage as it went on an evening Motorway "auction" but I don't find out those results until 15:30 today. I know this is my own doing, but I only did it on the back of yesterday's call with CA where they said everything should be good for collection today.

The text from Tesla last night said "Unfortunately not the news you will want to hear but we have had a confirmed list of orders to be paid today, and yours is not on the list" - I can only assume this means they know what's getting paid today (Friday).
My experience with CA was abysmal, so I feel your pain.

Car ordered 5th March, Tesla app offered a collection 13th March in Southampton. e-sign crapped out halfway through on 6th March so they sent over forms to sign, scan and email back. All done on 6th March and confirmed as received. My car sale was then arranged for 12th March and all booked in.

Tesla app all progressed smoothly (or so I thought). I called CA on 11th March (because mine was due to go the next day) to confirm all was sorted and they confirmed it was and collection set for 13th as planned. Took my car to the dealer to sell on the morning of 12th March and as I was on the train home received a 'we're aren't going to be able to handover your car tomorrow'. As you can imagine I was thrilled, and here's where it got really fun.

Called CA (and I never want to hear that hold music again) around 12.30pm to be told that payout was being sent that afternoon and all was good. After 4pm Tesla confirmed they hadn't received anything, so the next call to CA was answered with"

'Payout team rejected your forms due to being too low-res on 7th March'

WTF?

Sent over new scans. Was told they were also no good. I am looking at them literally at pixel level thinking that I couldn't see how to make them higher res without each page being over 100mb in size. Called back, spoke to someone else who said 'these are more than fine, I'll walk them around to Compliance now and call you back before 6pm.

Didn't call back. I am now without a car and need one for work on the 14th, and 15th. Luckily a neighbour offers me his.

I call back again on the morning of the 13th. The scans are indeed fine, and compliance have signed off. Payment will be sent that day at 4pm, Tesla say it won't land around 4pm the following day, so the 15th (and I'm now working so can't collect that day anyway). I finally receive confirmation from Tesla Southampton that they can release the car at just before 3pm, and I can collect on Saturday at Noon. They tell me that they have had endless issues with CA due to them being completely overwhelmed with the current lease demand.

Very glad to say that, on arrival at the collection point, it had been agreed that the car could be released to me despite the money not "officially" being in Tesla's bank yet. Looks like everything went through in the evening as about an hour after I got home the app has sprung to life and I have full remote control, phone key etc.

This is very, very nice car! (Y RWD, Pearl White, Black interior, 19" wheels)

Sorry all for not scouring every post but can someone let me know what the current lead time on a MYLR is looking like? Need to time a new salary sacrifice lease order to try and dovetail nicely with my existing (private) lease ending on 26 June.

Depending on co
Sorry all for not scouring every post but can someone let me know what the current lead time on a MYLR is looking like? Need to time a new salary sacrifice lease order to try and dovetail nicely with my existing (private) lease ending on 26 June.
Depending on colour and spec there seems to be inventory in country, so will depend on how quickly your leasing co can get their act together. Believe Late June will be near end of quarter so they'll be keen to shift a car then.

Got my MYLR in under 3 weeks from the point the order was placed to receiving it - it did take a few weeks for my Company Car scheme to get its act together but super quick once it was done.

Just wanted to write a quick thank you to everyone in this thread, I've been lurking in the background and reading through everything and the information has been extremely helpful.

Finally decided earlier this month to hit the go button with the new salary sacrifice scheme we have put in at work, and ordered a Model YP - the sal sac scheme started well, however Tesla could deliver by the end of this month, and the Sal Sac scheme struggled to keep up with the pace, so Tesla removed the delivery date.

Needless to say through reading this thread I understand that other people had similar issues so with a lot of pushing from my side (more than should be required, but that's another story) managed to get the paperwork all sorted and Tesla have committed to a collection tomorrow at Trafford Centre.

I double checked with Tesla that all the paperwork was in place and received a call from the last night to say everything was good and my car will be ready tomorrow.

I've let the Sal Sac company know as they still weren't aware, so hopefully and I won't be fully convinced until I'm sat in it, I should pick it up tomorrow.

Thanks everyone.

EDD has come forward again to 17 May - 1 June. M3 RWD to Uk. Anyone else moved?
Still no VIN though
Hi yeah mine just moved as well. Exactly same as yours and still no vin. I had to click through a screen on the app accepting the car doesn’t have USS just vision. Had a bit of a panic when the message in the app said they’d changed my order and I needed to review it haha.

I’m waiting on a RWD M3 Ultra Red with 19” Alloys and Black Interior

What you guys doing with your insurance quotes etc. Ive just tried compare the market with my reg number but its still not recognised yet.
Are you adding the trim type manually to get prices? Whats the general consensus for which option to pick off the drop down menu for RWD? Its got option for standard range plus or None which then lets me pick 2024 as model year. Whats your thoughts all??