Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK accessories for RHD Model 3 [megathread]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got the kenriko console wrap to replace the taptes one

Vinyl is much thicker.. maybe twice as thick. It's cut to overlap slightly and either wraps around/tucks in or is cut by the supplied blade. The thickness means it doesn't easily stretch which increases the difficulty but it's still not that hard given enough patience. I've done 2/3 panels so far and it looks perfect (which for a clutz like me is nothing short of amazing).. just got the last bit to do tonight.

Reactions: Roy W.

Vinyl is much thicker.. maybe twice as thick. It's cut to overlap slightly and either wraps around/tucks in or is cut by the supplied blade. The thickness means it doesn't easily stretch which increases the difficulty but it's still not that hard given enough patience. I've done 2/3 panels so far and it looks perfect (which for a clutz like me is nothing short of amazing).. just got the last bit to do tonight.
pictures on completion please!

Reactions: Roy W.

+ 1 for pictures :)

I put the brushed steel kenriko wrap on last weekend. Found the bits on the parts that open up harder than around the cup holders but overall relatively straightforward for someone who’s never done anything like this before (never even played with sticky back plastic as a child). Here’s a pic

6DFCEABE-8857-454F-8B29-036520F6EB63.jpeg

Just ordered one too. @DaveW seems to be the master of all things Raspberry Pi and Apple pie :)

He has a good setup too

I'm thinking of moving to a NAS solution though, due to the amount of videos each event makes (36mb per video x3 for each camera x10). I did get a UPS for the Pi but people have warned me those batteries can get quite hot (although I didn't experience that).

Reactions: davidmc
Thanks, the irony is it's broken for most other countries now :-/ Still working the issue, it's like plugging holes in a leaky barrel.

Update: We've spent many, many hours re-working our shipping rules over the past week, and working with UPS for better rates. As of today, everything is now live. this includes additional shipping discounts for our VIP members (details here).

If we use a center console wrap as an example, the lowest cost option is $6.79 (with no VIP status), that'll take ~10 days to deliver. DHL and UPS are offered at cost, which using my test post code from my old house in Colchester (big up Essex!!), are $24 and $34 respectively (but will vary depending on your post code). DHL & UPS are often very close on price, but sometimes they can be miles apart, so we're now providing the options. If you're a VIP, those rates will all reduce by either 20%, 35% or 50% depending on tier.

So, bottom line, you should see much better rates going forward, and all the rates, as always, are real-time with zero markup. If you see anything weird, or something that looks excessive, let me know, we've tested what we think is every scenario, but it's possible one was missed.

Next step, once we know things are stable, will be to add a landed cost option, which won't avoid the customs fees, but will avoid the handling fees imposed by Royal Mail and the other carriers.

And one more accessory, this time not from TapTes ;)

I wanted a boot mat just to protect the boot carpet from scuffs, and I’ve used this same product on a couple of previous cars. It’s a nice quality black plastic, doesn’t stink of rubber, and is easily cut to fit with a decent pair of scissors.

It runs the entire length of the boot, but doesn’t cover the two side shelves. That doesn’t really bother me, but it may you.

From Amazon this time, £8.98, but I’ve bought the same mat from other outlets in the past. Here’s the link:

https://smile.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B009H0KMZM/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

View attachment 449020

Roy if I buy these do I need to cut to size ? Or do they fit already ?

Ok so I have now ordered a fair bit of stuff (TapTes/eBay etc) thanks solely to the 21 pages in this thread and from the spreadsheet. Car due early Oct...

Description Unit price Qty Amount
Car Door Inner Anti Kick Protective Wrap Set for Tesla Model 3 - Carbon Fiber
$19.99 USD 1 $19.99 USD
Door Sill Wrap for Tesla Model 3 Clear/Carbon Fiber 2PCS - Clear
$9.99 USD 1 $9.99 USD
Multi-Function Organizer Box for Tesla Model 3 Center Console
$9.99 USD 1 $9.99 USD
Center Console & Cup Holder Rubber Liners for Tesla Model 3 - White Trim
$9.99 USD 1 $9.99 USD
Performance Pedal Covers for Tesla Model 3 - Aluminium
$13.99 USD 1 $13.99 USD
Door Release Button Stickers for Tesla Model 3 - White
$2.99 USD 1 $2.99 USD
TapTes Wireless Charging Pad for Tesla Model 3
$39.99 USD 1 $39.99 USD
Discount
-$15.00 USD 1 -$15.00 USD

Subtotal $91.93 USD
Total $91.93 USD
Payment $91.93 USD

1) do we have a clear winner yet in regards to centre console wraps ?

2) do we have a clear winner in what storage to buy for the dashcam etc ?

3) I also plan to buy the Tesla car matts at £85.00 unless anyone has seen better for similar money ?

4) Any good drunk /trunk matts (that don’t need cut to size!)

5) do I need a sunshade if I live in Northern Ireland ?? Have kids (1 and 4)

6) are people buying mud flaps?

7) any cheap shoulder pads for the kids ?