Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK and Ireland Supercharger Site News

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think what happens in the Electroverse app is you choose a stall then you get a prompt on the app to plug in. This prep would hopefully override the plug and charge workflow. I don't know for sure though.

It's not a huge discount either. I'm on the 8% discount through IOG and looking at the rates on their other locations, it's 60p/kW. Although I notice the pricing for Keele SuC (relatively nearby) has now crept up to 55p at peak times.
This new site doesn't appear in the Electroverse app yet for me...

Live usage data is flowing from EV Point Supercharger at Uttoxeter…

Furthermore what is interesting is that it’s labelled/ categorised as a Tesla open for all site rather than EV Point / EG Group site. So clearly they’re pulling the public OCPI data from Tesla servers rather than EV Point per se.

IMG_0950.jpeg

• Informative
Reactions: cezdoc and browellm
Live usage data is flowing from EV Point Supercharger at Uttoxeter…

Furthermore what is interesting is that it’s labelled/ categorised as a Tesla open for all site rather than EV Point / EG Group site. So clearly they’re pulling the public OCPI data from Tesla servers rather than EV Point per se.

View attachment 1030993
So it behaves like a Tesla supercharger 100%? EV Point customers need a Tesla account?

So it behaves like a Tesla supercharger 100%? EV Point customers need a Tesla account?
Details are sketchy...

- plug and charge for Tesla cars works
- the price is 65p per unit, the same as other EV Point rapids > 50 kW
- RFID are not accepted, so Electroverse card carrying folk aren't happy campers
- It's not in the Tesla app (yet?? dunno)

• Informative
Reactions: Buckminster
What's surprised me most recently is the discovery that Tesla are pushing out public real-time OCPI live usage date for ALL supercharger sites; everything from V2 oldies all the way up the V4's painted in green+blue livery.

So its no longer just ring fenced / only visible in the Tesla nav and Tesla app.

Don't know when this change was made (all those Starlink terminals on top of cabinets have anything to do with it??) ? But from my POV it's positive. I guess they had had legal & compliance on their case.

Electroverse. All their other sites are in the app and they are an Electroverse partner.
Their dev teams must be slacking as it's not in the native EV Point app or Electroverse app. As the actual CPO and preferred partner you'd expect better. Perhaps not.

Anyway. The OCPI information is in the public domain, as ChargeFinder can report on it in real time.

Reactions: browellm
I fear you may be right - looking at the app over the past few hours, it's always saying "0 of 16 available" for Thurrock, but without the "busy site" or "xxx minutes wait time" shown against others where all the stalls are genuinely in use.

Thetford (which is also known to be closed for upgrading) similarly shows as 0/8 available, although in that case all the stalls are individually listed as being out of order.
Thurrock is still closed and the app is correctly showing it as "Temporary Closure" right now. If anyone has supercharge.info editing rights it should be marked as such on there.

Reactions: CMc1 and Rovastar
Looks like we could finally be seeing some superchargers on the south coast near Bournemouth - 8 due to be installed at Ferndown Forest Golf Club…

View attachment 987140
Been told that in addition to the 8 x V3s due to be installed at Ferndown Forest Golf Club, the Bournemouth Tesla Centre (also in Ferndown) will be getting 4 x V4s installed in the next 8-10 weeks. The road outside is currently being dug up in order to upgrade the power coming onto the site.