Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK and Ireland Supercharger Site News

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
all working well, well maintained and always a free spot to plug-in

I'm heading a different route. Bigger battery, more efficient model, better range. Not sure those free spots are going to be sufficiently available over the coming months ...

Moving from 1 or 2 out-of-range days a month, to 1-or-2 a year.

Heck! A new Raven-S can get to Courcheval, 600 miles give-or-take, with 1h30m of "refuelling" and no stop over 30 minutes. It needs one less stop than my current Electron Guzzler, albeit that is only just over 2h refuelling time to get to the Alps.

Out of curiosity tried the iPace and that is same number of stops as my current S ... but 4h42m refuelling. That would not be funny at all.

Stupid Tesla.

That's a little harsh. If you read the documents, they were evidently relying on the fact that the hotel already had planning permission to hard-surface this existing grassed area of "overflow parking", plus the fact that the supercharger equipment itself is normally permitted development rights when you aren't creating new parking spaces.

Evidently they got it wrong, but it's rather a subtle case.

Isn't 90 miles fine?

Northampton, not far from London

Woodall 90 miles later
Scotch Corner 90 miles later

Whilst I am sure more would help, I would have thought the spacing was good enough to make the journey without problems.

Theres also a major Ionity site going in at the Leeds M1 Skelton Lake MSC. Initially 6x 350 kW chargers, but with lots of scope to expand. Due to open in January.

That's a little harsh. If you read the documents, they were evidently relying on the fact that the hotel already had planning permission to hard-surface this existing grassed area of "overflow parking", plus the fact that the supercharger equipment itself is normally permitted development rights when you aren't creating new parking spaces.

Evidently they got it wrong, but it's rather a subtle case.

They have made poor progress installing new superchargers and you can see from the history of this thread that some chargers have languished for years. You’d think they’d learn from experience and plan new chargers “by the book”.

I think with the amount of 3's sold in the last few months, and looks like it will still continue with a steady stream, they really need to sort out the charging network, (really poor in the south east) especially as lets face it none of us will get the range we expected, so will want to use a network at some point.
At least the Model 3 can charge at other rapid charger networks without adapters. The S & X need either a CHAdeMO or CCS adapter to use other rapid charging networks.

Reactions: Roy W.
... and older ones can be converted to be compatible with the new adapter.

4D96B61D-8447-4480-B1DC-D3EF94383549.jpeg

Reactions: Roy W.
The Superchargers are noticeably busier than a month ago. Queuing at some particularly for Model 3 bays. Public fast chargers in my limited experience are unreliable and a lottery because of the lack of bays. Somebody is going to have to take a grip of this...Tesla included!