Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK and Ireland Supercharger Site News

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I went for a spin in a M3P at the Stockport/Manchester SC and can confirm the reports about more Superchargers being installed. There are 4 new Superchargers being fitted according to one of the staff and the space where the work is going on looks like it can old hold 4 and it’s outside the secure gate. The box in the pictures with the wires hanging out was unwrapped whilst I was out for a test drive and something else arrived on a pallet as I was going out in the M3P, but I didn’t see it.

Attachments

• F54C61D0-4F86-4BB6-8704-08B785F508EE.jpeg
    F54C61D0-4F86-4BB6-8704-08B785F508EE.jpeg
    714.8 KB · Views: 85
  • D577C351-F212-4EA9-A247-EAAB46B3826E.jpeg
    D577C351-F212-4EA9-A247-EAAB46B3826E.jpeg
    709.3 KB · Views: 71
Last edited:
  • Helpful
Reactions: CMc1
Hi Guys - thought you all may be interested, the Glyn Hopkin Honda showroom in Chelmsford closed down a couple of months ago and a major refit has been going on - Tesla signage went up this week - had a nose around this morning, full on showroom opening soon, desks, wifi hubs, offices, customer seating and signage installed already - great location close to the A12 Boreham interchange and next to Mercedes and opposite BMW showrooms.

On another note the Gridserve charging station is almost complete in Braintree, 8 miles up the road from Chelmsford.

Finally, we have photos of the Fort William Supercharger. Equipment is on site, but no digging has occurred yet. At this point though, I think it is safe to say this location is under construction. V3

Twitter
@MarcoRP @CMc1 I'm assuming the metal stand with the "FRONT" label is for a charger cabinet, it looks like there are two more stacked behind so three in total. Comparing these with the V3 charger cabinet bases pictured at Heathrow Hilton T5 (UK Supercharger Site News) I think they are smaller and don't have as many holes/have a different hole pattern for the cable conduits. I'm therefore guessing these are V2 cabinet bases which would imply they could supply 6 V2 stalls. That would also tie in with a previous report from a (knowledgeable) owner who'd been to the site (but didn't post any pictures).

• Informative
Reactions: CMc1
At Stockport this morning for service on an increasingly loud creaking from the rear of the car and grabbed a couple of pictures of the new supercharger bays. Just around into the car park so quite a bit of the site will end up being accessible. Interestingly they’d also had two of the store windows put in as they were boarded up.

Attachments

• C0A79A6C-24DB-40A9-941A-D08DE03EA63A.jpeg
    C0A79A6C-24DB-40A9-941A-D08DE03EA63A.jpeg
    560.1 KB · Views: 74
  • 31061DF6-9502-4D41-82F0-85D82B7E9997.jpeg
    31061DF6-9502-4D41-82F0-85D82B7E9997.jpeg
    551.9 KB · Views: 85
At Stockport this morning for service on an increasingly loud creaking from the rear of the car and grabbed a couple of pictures of the new supercharger bays. Just around into the car park so quite a bit of the site will end up being accessible. Interestingly they’d also had two of the store windows put in as they were boarded up.
Probably only of historic interest now, but when V2 charger stalls were being installed those metal boxes weren't used. I wonder if they are something to do with the V3 cable cooling system? Great to see confirmation of the location and number of new stalls at Stockport.

@MarcoRP I think we’re jumping the gun a bit with Pease Pottage and Fort William. Pease Pottage as no sign of construction neither does Fort William. I understand that the small amount of equipment has been on site at Fort William for months now.
Agreed re Pease Pottage - some kind of ducting/cabling has been put in there but evidently now it's been back-filled and all construction equipment has been moved away. This site is yet to get planning approval so it did seem a bit early for charger construction to have been started.

As far as I know the equipment at Fort William was delivered around the end of June, so quite recently in terms of Tesla Time. And it definitely includes Tesla hardware. There is precedent for classing this as "construction started" even though the diggers haven't started yet. This site has been a long time in coming because the power supply had to be upgraded first (that happened in January) and I could imagine the Supercharger planning team reviewing it, before further construction starts, to see if it can be a V3 site instead. Pure speculation though.

Reactions: CMc1 and MarcoRP
Yes definitely live.
Concerningly, it's appearing on my car Nav but I don't have CCS so can't use this Supercharger (unless I get the CCS retrofit). I hope Tesla start to correctly filter what the Nav shows in non CCS cars otherwise it will become a real headache as more V3 only sites get rolled out. It's like the early days for M3 drivers (who couldn't charge with the legacy Type 2 plug) but in reverse.
View attachment 572754
I checked my Nav yesterday and Leeds-Whitehouse Street no longer appears so looks like Tesla have corrected the filter for non-CCS enabled cars like mine. Good news in terms of route planning (and not getting caught short at an incompatible charger), and for £280 I can get the red pin to show again on the map.