Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK and Ireland Supercharger Site News

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hilton Park southbound just now. Nice picnic area under the trees there too

037BBD26-E29F-44DA-A740-A04008AEDBE4.jpeg

Reactions: MrLauriie and DJP31
Be nice to have a Supercharger or 3 in Poole to boot...cant seem to find a working DC charger down that way for love nor money...

My understanding is that the Holes Bay (Poole) storage is for grid support purposes, and is not directly concerned with a Tesla charging station. It would be nice if there were charging stations there mind you.

There is also supposed to be a Tesla showroom/service centre going into the Poole/Bournemouth area. Exactly where I am not sure.

The Tesla chargers that were supposed to be going in at Dorchester were - I thought - going to be associated with the new KFC just off the Dorchester bypass. That would fill a very obvious gap in the network. Unfortunately the KFC got built quickly and the Tesla chargers are still (so far) absent. So coming not so soon.

• Informative
Reactions: Asterix187
AMESBURY 8 x V3 under construction!

Amesbury, Wiltshire

Just walked past a constructions site just starting on the right hand side entrance as you head to McDonalds just off A303. Builders confirmed Tesla Charging Station being built ready for 18th. I think they said 6 stalls but I could be wrong.

8 x V3 posts - not quite in the position originally marked
Screenshot 2020-08-16 at 19.42.56.png

I reckon N51.177 W1.756

It's been a long time coming....Screenshot 2020-08-16 at 19.42.56.pngIMG_1388.jpegIMG_1387.jpegIMG_1386.jpeg

My understanding is that the Holes Bay (Poole) storage is for grid support purposes, and is not directly concerned with a Tesla charging station. It would be nice if there were charging stations there mind you.

There is also supposed to be a Tesla showroom/service centre going into the Poole/Bournemouth area. Exactly where I am not sure.

The Tesla chargers that were supposed to be going in at Dorchester were - I thought - going to be associated with the new KFC just off the Dorchester bypass. That would fill a very obvious gap in the network. Unfortunately the KFC got built quickly and the Tesla chargers are still (so far) absent. So coming not so soon.
Yeh my post was a little tongue in cheek. Tis interesting though about the Holes Bay Megapack, no large scale renewables in the immediate vicinity though...wonder if Elon promised them he could build it in 100 days or its free...:)
Possibly going to Holes Bay, Poole but could be many other destinations.
Looks like they have many other sites in the pipe in the UK. Holes Bay looks comparatively tiny...

Projects | Harmony Energy

AMESBURY 8 x V3 under construction!
8 x V3 posts - not quite in the position originally marked

I reckon N51.177 W1.756

It's been a long time coming...
Despite the grey "coming soon" pin on Tesla's own Supercharger map, and @Spacey73 's report of Superchargers to be "built ready for 18th" I admit I thought "18th of when? I'll believe it when I see it!". Great news and a key road network location. I bet these will be busy when they are up and running.

Yeh my post was a little tongue in cheek. Tis interesting though about the Holes Bay Megapack, no large scale renewables in the immediate vicinity though...wonder if Elon promised them he could build it in 100 days or its free...:)

Looks like they have many other sites in the pipe in the UK. Holes Bay looks comparatively tiny...

Projects | Harmony Energy

I'm guessing that Holes Bay is for grid support reasons. There used to be a power station nearby which was the main source for the BCP conurbation. Now that has gone the BCP is simply a sink with distant sources, and that inevitably leads to bottlenecked transmission. Increasingly inner-city storage is being used to delay/defer transmission/distribution upgrades, with the batteries acting as peakshavers. There could be other reasons, but that's my guess.

Living less than 5 miles away and after waitng 5 years for this to happen, it seems like this site is going to be a 5 star!

Spoke to one of the construction gang through the fence over the weekend.
He indicated, how truthfully or not I cannot confirm, that, there will be more than 8 chargers and all V3.
Not sure if anyone has seen or picked up on the the grey sub-station next to the green control shed?
This might be evidence of more stands to come perhaps as many as 16. Great choice for the site with so many walkable amenities all around it.

One small hiccup, we might be waiting a while longer for connection from the DNO.

Looking on the bright side it will give us Models S and X owners time to get the CCS combo upgrade done. I've ordered mine 'Free for life charging' just got much better. Adios, Norton Park !

WD Tesla! It's going to have been worth the wait

I do think there’s a few more out there (like Amesbury) that will sneak out. Especially how they can be installed without planning.

Service centres seem to be an easy win lately. Although most don’t appear to have 24/7 facilities which is poor in my mind.

The Berwick / East coast gap looks huge. There’s a new retail park being built (planning submitted) which seems prime location (Costa, McDonalds etc), just off the A1 but no mention of electric bays.

Any updates on Edinburgh? The equipment was delivered weeks ago, but seen mentioned they were thinking about relocating as it was a small unit...