Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK and Ireland Supercharger Site News

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Adderstone then. Nottingham seems too far off
Just had it confirmed that it is a site expansion rather than a brand new site. I believe I know which it is but have been asked not to say. It’s in the South though. Not the blockbuster news that a brand new site would be, but all extra bays are welcome. It’s expanding a V2 site so I’m trying to establish whether it will be more V2 or whether it will be V3 for the new bays.

• Informative
Reactions: CMc1
Sites under construction
  • Edinburgh (rumours new year, post EoQ delivery push)
  • Rugby (Feb - March services open)
  • Nottingham (West Bridgford) (photos from 3 December didn’t look much progress lately)
  • Adderstone (awaiting stalls)

Reactions: cezdoc
Possibly the remaining 4 at Heathrow then. Forgot about them!

EDIT: looks like supercharge.info was behind on this. (Still had 16 V2)

in-car Nav showing 24 stalls and reports of this since October so just our outdated info. I think the bags been removed a while. Maybe someone local can confirm all 8 V3s are open and operational. Mixed reports on PlugShare/Zap-Map/Twitter

93D0BBB2-545F-4DD3-8D11-F6BFB6D664C6.jpeg

Last edited:
Anyone have an ETA on Leavesden/Edgware superchargers? Leavesden has has the infrastructure built for a long time but halted due to planning permissions
Edgware/London Gateway services had planning approved in mid 2018 for 32 bays but there has been zero news or activity since. There is another six months left on the planning permission before it lapses so fingers-crossed it will begin soon. The site has a 275kV line underneath but that is likely too powerful and inaccessible so it may be that an appropriate power supply is the problem.

Reactions: cezdoc
Possibly the remaining 4 at Heathrow then. Forgot about them!

EDIT: looks like supercharge.info was behind on this. (Still had 16 V2)

in-car Nav showing 24 stalls and reports of this since October so just our outdated info. I think the bags been removed a while. Maybe someone local can confirm all 8 V3s are open and operational. Mixed reports on PlugShare/Zap-Map/Twitter

View attachment 618526

Can confirm these have been fully operational for a month or more

• Informative
Sites under construction
  • Edinburgh (rumours new year, post EoQ delivery push)
  • Rugby (Feb - March services open)
  • Nottingham (West Bridgford) (photos from 3 December didn’t look much progress lately)
  • Adderstone (awaiting stalls)
Latest on Edinburgh is that the stalls were live yesterday but not open for "public" use due to the space being required for new deliveries (cars parked two deep!). Availability from Christmas Eve is rumoured.

Given Tesla's addiction to end-of-quarter madness (or maybe it genuinely helps bump sales and production?) I would have thought they'd wait until the start of Jan before clearing the spaces but maybe they know there won't be any more big deliveries after Christmas. The hope is that with Aberdeen and Glasgow opening soon it will take pressure off Newbridge, plus Tesla could be planning an additional Edinburgh site for sales & deliveries now that Multrees walk has closed.

Not visited in person to verify, but...
View attachment 618845
Thanks for the heads up. Reported yesterday on the Scottish FB group that one of the Aberdeen charger cabinets suffered some wind damage - a bit surprising as although it was gusty it wasn't _that_ windy up here, we've certainly had worse - not sure how long repairs will take. All offline initially but sounded like at least 3 were available to use by yesterday evening.

• Informative
Where’s our Xmas surprise Phil? Can’t believe it hasn’t been spotted.
It’s an expansion of a London site that was due to go live today, we believe it is the O2 “North Greenwich” site but I’m not near enough to check it so I am hoping it will appear on the nav soon. It may be V3 added to the existing V2 or maybe just more V2. Tesla sometimes enjoy teasing us by giving us little bits of info but not enough to be certain!
As far as I can see all other London sites would have been spotted by now as they’re busy, but the O2 has spent long periods closed so will have gone unnoticed. Will also be good news as close to the closed Victoria Docks site.

It’s an expansion of a London site that was due to go live today, we believe it is the O2 “North Greenwich” site but I’m not near enough to check it so I am hoping it will appear on the nav soon. It may be V3 added to the existing V2 or maybe just more V2. Tesla sometimes enjoy teasing us by giving us little bits of info but not enough to be certain!
As far as I can see all other London sites would have been spotted by now as they’re busy, but the O2 has spent long periods closed so will have gone unnoticed. Will also be good news as close to the closed Victoria Docks site.
Still nothing on the nav.

• Informative