Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK and Ireland Supercharger Site News

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Or perhaps the price they have to pay for electricity has fallen? I know they will have hedged to provide some certainty on price, but in the last week uk electricity prices per kWh averaged 13p on the wholesale market, down from a peak of 45p in August

Only my fourth supercharge in 43k miles, many more to come now that Belfast is open.
316282936_453288253549786_7771544961643173626_n.jpg

Hi all, I popped into Leigh Delamere services on the M4 last night to check the progress (or not) of the new Gridserve chargers. There's some new works happening and I think I spied Tesla charger bases (see attached pictures). I had a look one page one of this wiki and I couldn't see this site listed. Is this a new SC on the way?

Attachments

• Tesla Leigh Delamere 1.jpg
    Tesla Leigh Delamere 1.jpg
    224.9 KB · Views: 82
  • Tesla Leigh Delamere 2.jpg
    Tesla Leigh Delamere 2.jpg
    286.8 KB · Views: 91
  • Tesla Leigh Delamere 3.jpg
    Tesla Leigh Delamere 3.jpg
    284.7 KB · Views: 73
Hi all, I popped into Leigh Delamere services on the M4 last night to check the progress (or not) of the new Gridserve chargers. There's some new works happening and I think I spied Tesla charger bases (see attached pictures). I had a look one page one of this wiki and I couldn't see this site listed. Is this a new SC on the way?
Yep that looks like 16 SC bases to me, top spotting.

You're right, this is a new one, as Rob J says: Top Spotting!
I assume this is Leigh Delamere Westbound, at about (51.510100, -2.156300) (Google Map Link)?

Up until now I'd only seen news of a Gridserve Electric Hub here; elsewhere a Supercharger has sometimes been added alongside (e.g. Exeter) but there was no planning or construction evidence unearthed to indicate Tesla's involvement at Leigh Delamere.

Hopefully this augurs well for some of the other Moto sites mentioned about a year ago in a Gridserve press release: Swansea, Heston West, Severn View, Wetherby, Burton in Kendall, Exeter, Woolley Edge North, Woolley Edge South, Thurrock, Reading West (plus Leigh Delamere Westbound).

Reactions: CMc1
You're right, this is a new one, as Rob J says: Top Spotting!
I assume this is Leigh Delamere Westbound, at about (51.510100, -2.156300) (Google Map Link)?

Up until now I'd only seen news of a Gridserve Electric Hub here; elsewhere a Supercharger has sometimes been added alongside (e.g. Exeter) but there was no planning or construction evidence unearthed to indicate Tesla's involvement at Leigh Delamere.

Hopefully this augurs well for some of the other Moto sites mentioned about a year ago in a Gridserve press release: Swansea, Heston West, Severn View, Wetherby, Burton in Kendall, Exeter, Woolley Edge North, Woolley Edge South, Thurrock, Reading West (plus Leigh Delamere Westbound).
Yes, it's Westbound, should have mentioned that! The works are exactly where the Google map link you posted indicates.

Reactions: CMc1 and cezdoc
Tesla have added some updates to their site map and UK site listing.

It took me a while to pick through as the site listing and map do not tally with each other (on my PC browser, at least) and there appear to be multiple omissions of both existing sites and coming soon markers (many of which still have working web links but are no longer referenced either in the listing or on the map).

In terms of "coming soon" markers, the target dates have not been changed except for Carmarthen & Newark being updated from Q3 to Q4 2022,

I found six new markers:
Q1 2023
London this is located at the M4 Heston service area giving hope that the Superchargers shown in planning applications will soon materialise.

Q3 2023
Old Trafford - the site page is titled Manchester, UK - White City and the marker is close to the retail park.
London - Edmonton - the site page is titled London East, UK - Ravenside Retail park and again the marker is close to the retail park.
Thurrock - at M25 Jct 30, close to the existing Grays supercharger.

Q4 2023
Birch (effectively a re-instated marker at the Moto westbound services).
Rainham - looks like a notional location in the town centre.

This thread's wiki post has been updated to include these new additions.