Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK and Ireland Supercharger Site News

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Inverness East. A poster on the TOUK Scottish Facebook group reported last week that a Tesla sales/test drive pod at Simpsons Garden Centre, Culloden Rd, Inverness, is being installed (a bit like the one that was/is at Exeter Darts Farm). There is a grey "coming soon" supercharger marker in this area so fingers crossed some charging stalls will eventually follow.

Godstone. Tesla's map has "coming soon" markers for both a supercharger and a service centre on the A22/A25 roundabout east of Godstone. Google maps shows groundwork in progress which looks like preparation for a business or retail development. I haven't Googled further but infer that Tesla are planning a new service centre, with superchargers, as part of the development, similar to some of their other new sites like the Exeter Service Centre.

Charging at Trentham (Stoke) yesterday - plenty of room and a godsend given Keele southbound is not working - just off M6 (5 mins) and plenty of shops, cafes loos etc..

Also noted that at Warwick South (M40) there are 8 new Applegreen chargers adjacent to the SCs

Attachments

• IMG_0244.JPG
    IMG_0244.JPG
    686.2 KB · Views: 70
Bromley open 12 x V4, this one flew under the radar didn't realise it was even permitted.

View attachment 1007486
Nice! This one probably didn't need any planning permission. I had a look back at the TOUK Facebook group and delivery of stall bases was reported back in October; there are a couple of recent posts showing successful charges. Stalls are V4 so the expectation is this will be open to non-Teslas. Parking is £1.30 / hour.

Perhaps some other sites are lurking: Facebook groups are a good place to hide information as the search tool is so poor!

Perhaps some other sites are lurking: Facebook groups are a good place to hide information as the search tool is so poor!

Bar Hill (Cambridge) hasn't appeared as a "permit" site on Supercharge.info, despite being discussed here and planning permission granted July 2023.

However, it won't be opening any time soon: the permission is for demolish and rebuild as a Service Centre, and I dropped by last week to check but no signs of work in progress yet (old buildings still standing). Tesla have since applied for a second planning permission for the signage on the building, totem marker, flagpoles etc which were approved apart from the flagpoles.

Original permission: 23/00798/FUL
New permission for signs: 23/01741/ADV
Planning website: https://applications.greatercambridgeplanning.org/online-applications/

• Informative
Reactions: Rovastar and cezdoc
Bar Hill (Cambridge) hasn't appeared as a "permit" site on Supercharge.info, despite being discussed here and planning permission granted July 2023.

However, it won't be opening any time soon: the permission is for demolish and rebuild as a Service Centre, and I dropped by last week to check but no signs of work in progress yet (old buildings still standing). Tesla have since applied for a second planning permission for the signage on the building, totem marker, flagpoles etc which were approved apart from the flagpoles.

Original permission: 23/00798/FUL
New permission for signs: 23/01741/ADV
Planning website: https://applications.greatercambridgeplanning.org/online-applications/
Thanks for the update! I've popped a note on the supercharge.info forum so it may get a "permit" marker in due course.

• Helpful
Reactions: CMc1 and Rovastar
Anyone have any info on the Hull supercharger site and when it is expected (just says 2024 on Tesla site). Might influence which port I travel from aboard.
I thought Hull was still covered under voting, (despite being a "coming soon"/winner on the Find Supercharging page/map) of Tesla website. I'd take it with a pinch of salt and assume still no commitment to actually install a site there as of yet.

That said, the whole SC Voting thing seems to be a mess anyway.

I'd like to see some new sites in Lincolnshire. This area is like "no man's land" at the minute for SC. Grantham at Gonerby Services are the only ones in the county.

Lincs.png

(The blue symbolises the area without an SC, not the county of Lincolnshire)

The closest are Grantham (Outskirts of Lincs on A1), Newark (Notts), Kings Lynn (Norfolk).

Even the 2 proposed voting winners are quite a ways out. Hull is Yorkshire, Peterborough is Cambs. So from my reckoning Lincolnshire is an entire county without any SC. I'm sure there are others, but I find it frustrating when places like Nottingham get 2 sites in the same city, and other counties go (mostly) unserviced.

Oh well, I'll move on with my life now. Time to get off of my Friday morning soapbox.

Last edited:
Reactions: CMc1
I'd like to see some new sites in Lincolnshire. This area is like "no man's land" at the minute for SC. Grantham at Gonerby Services are the only ones in the county.

View attachment 1008219
(The blue symbolises the area without an SC, not the county of Lincolnshire)

The closest are Grantham (Outskirts of Lincs on A1), Newark (Notts), Kings Lynn (Norfolk).

Even the 2 proposed voting winners are quite a ways out. Hull is Yorkshire, Peterborough is Cambs. So from my reckoning Lincolnshire is an entire county without any SC. I'm sure there are others, but I find it frustrating when places like Nottingham get 2 sites in the same city, and other counties go (mostly) unserviced.

Oh well, I'll move on with my life now. Time to get off of my Friday morning soapbox.
Boston, Lincoln and Grimsby ought to have SCs

All the east part, especially north east is sad.

You only have Ferrybridge services, then Scotch corner (god no...) and then Newcastle.

One SC in Middlesbrough would be nice for a change. but then again, M-boro is a place where cash machines dispense 5 pound notes, so I do not see it happening.

Hell, even places in Midlands like Tamworth has been in plans for the last 2 years now. so if new deal with MOTO is there, it might move it a bit?

Reactions: Oxid8ter