Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK: buying from Tesla used inventory.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So after 9.5 weeks I have finally collected my car today from Corby.

All in all I’m happy with it. Could do with a good clean inside and outside, despite having to wait upon arrival whilst the car was allegedly being valeted.

One small chip on front edge of the bonnet but a touch up pen should sort that out I guess.

All panel gaps etc look fine to me and it’s got the two new tyres and new windscreen that took 8 weeks to fit.

No mention of any sort of good will gesture or apologies for the length of time it has taken but nevermind.

Attachments

• May252023 copy.jpeg
    May252023 copy.jpeg
    804.2 KB · Views: 89
Hey folks, didn't realise there was a support group here.

I've read a couple of the more recent pages and it seems like I'm in a similar position.

I ordered a Model 3 LR 2019 from the used inventory on 2nd March. Got an appointment for collection on the 31st March that was cancelled on 23rd March. Then got told it'd be ready on the 14th April but that slipped too. Now being told it's waiting for a part that's supposed to arrive by 28th April.

🙃
Finally had it home delivered yesterday (25th May). Condition was great, drives nice and no real issues. Got a big drive to do this weekend so will put it through its paces I guess.

Unfortunately, wasn't so lucky with the compensation but might push back on that since the wait was ridiculous.

Happy otherwise :)

Thats not good.. but what can you do.. delivery van broken down and no backup contingency for this kind of scenario.. cowboys!! I have txt message that delivery date for 30th May but nothing showing in the app for 2 days now of the confirmation.

Andyjen car above is looking nice with the dark wheels!

I have txt message that delivery date for 30th May but nothing showing in the app for 2 days now of the confirmation.
Mine was like that as well.

I received a text from Tesla the day before reminding me of the delivery. Then got another text a few hours later with a timeframe and then, in the evening, the delivery driver himself texted me letting me know when to expect him.

On the day of the delivery, I received a text with a tracking link.

Reactions: Canonicals
After 10.5 weeks, today was supposed to be delivery today. At 3pm I get a message saying the delivery van has broken down and it'll be Tuesday now. Honestly you couldn't make this up, I'm absolutely fuming
I don’t know what to say man, you definitely have had the worst experience here, unbelievable! They should be moving heaven and earth to get that car to you tomorrow!!!!

The longed for Tesla has gone back to them after three days. The constant edginess of the ride gave me a headache and nausea. I could not quite believe it at first as I never get carsick as a passenger yet alone driver and so on the day after delivery my wife and I drove to the coast. Sadly I felt sick on the way there, sick on the way back and sick the next day when I returned the car to Tesla Leeds which is only five miles from me. I am extremely disappointed. Tesla were fine about the return. As this is a distance selling operation the consumer has a limited right to return. I subsequently searched the web and others have had this problem. What car next? I have no idea. Only time will tell.

• Love
Reactions: WannabeOwner
I’ve heard of people feeling sick, I understand a lot of this is to do with the sensitivity of the throttle and mix of regen and quick pick up and you eventually adapt to smooth out your pedal on and off application. Chill mode can smooth out the acceleration side, unfortunately the low regen isn’t an option on all cars to help smooth that side, until you adjust your driving style.

I’ve heard of people feeling sick, I understand a lot of this is to do with the sensitivity of the throttle and mix of regen and quick pick up and you eventually adapt to smooth out your pedal on and off application. Chill mode can smooth out the acceleration side, unfortunately the low regen isn’t an option on all cars to help smooth that side, until you adjust your driving style.
I had three test drives. The skittishness of the suspension is what did it for me. I was determined to buy a Tesla and just dismissed the rough ride on test.
When I got the car I put it on chill mode and drove within the speed limit but the ride was sickness inducing whatever I did. My wife, whist not sick felt she could not lean back on th headrest as the car vibrates her head.
The adverse reaction I had to the car convinced me I had to take it back.
I am sure my experience is fairly rare and so I will look on you guys driving your teslas with some regret.

I am sure my experience is fairly rare and so I will look on you guys driving your teslas with some regret.
The damping is poor and too stiffly sprung so the car does fidget around all the time. Lowering tyre pressures can help, but you can’t go too far otherwise you will trigger a warning. They all do it, some people don’t notice or put up with it thinking the suspension should be hard to improve handling around corners - but other manufacturers can do a better job.

I am sure my experience is fairly rare and so I will look on you guys driving your teslas with some regret
Coming from Lexus IS the suspension fidget was the first thing I noticed on test drive. Half an hour is not enough to settle your mind on this sort of thing so I booked a 3 hour drive. After half an hour I forgot about the fidget and concluded it would be fine. Getting back in the Lexus to drive home the smooth was palpable. But you know what, it’s almost too much, I was already accustomed to feeling a bit more road. The car is definitely busy in the suspension, but it only gets a bit much on those roads that are made out of Swiss cheese, and those roads can be annoying in any car.
I can see people feeling sick from the acceleration surge. I can’t use cruise control with one of my passengers who will get sick when the car starts and slows as it can be a little strong.