Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK Model 3 order page open!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Although ... "reservation holders" <> "people who placed orders in first few days of May" ... they may have wanted SR-, or some other configuration which they think will be coming-soon and are sitting waiting.

But then there are people like me: placed an order on 01-May, but never placed a reservation / deposit.

Well we have a rough idea don't we? the order numbers are historically sequential and as of this week they are in the order of 4600 in the UK. Though presumably some of those may be cancelled so its actually less. I assume they can make RHD and LHD on the line at the same time but if they turned the lines fully over to RHD that would take them about 4 days to make.

If somehow Tesla managed to deliver all of the 4600 M3s on order in July they would make up about 3% of the total UK car sales for that month so I don't think we will be getting any headlines like the ones from norway when the M3 first landed and basically took over.
if 2 years of pent up M3 demand only = 3 % of sales for 1 month I guess it means there is plenty of room for growth though still :)

I see white interior has popped back on the options list this morning, lol.

And the 19" wheels are gone. No surprises: us continentals are comparing notes on who has a car, has a VIN but no car and who hasn't got a VIN, and it's blatantly obvious that there are a lot of existing orders waiting for these wheels, which makes it rational for Tesla to discourage new orders for them for the time being.

... I can't believe all this change-for-change-sake can be lack of demand. UK RHD must have huge backlog of Deposits which can be turned into Orders; just make the most-profitable-models available first (e.g. don't even both with SR+ at all initially) ... some people who can't afford P-model but want to be "first in my street" will over-extend to buy it ... but make the SR available on Day One and they'll buy that instead (and de-/re-badge it maybe?!!)

So I think it is incompetence of some sort .... of Elon is smoking something and noone has said "Boo" to him ... yet.

Agreed. If demand was strong then why didn't they just stick with the original higher P+ pricing and fulfil all those existing orders for maximum profit? They would have got my £59,300 instead of a cancellation, lol!

• Funny
Reactions: WannabeOwner
@Peteski Have you cancelled? I would have been interested in how the conversation went, if you had first asked to adjust the pricing and then asked to cancel and reorder at the newer price if they were unwilling to do it. Just to compare with what the local internal sales people do in these cases...

@BubblegumPete refunds tend to take roughly a month over here, from experiences of people who've reported it.

Reactions: -DB- and dazjdash
@Peteski Have you cancelled? I would have been interested in how the conversation went, if you had first asked to adjust the pricing and then asked to cancel and reorder at the newer price. Just to compare with what the local internal sales people do in these cases...

@BubblegumPete refunds tend to take roughly a month over here, from experiences of people who've reported it.
Well if he's having the same luck as I'm having in getting through to their sales team, I would hazard at a guess that he hasn't been able to cancel yet.

Well if he's having the same luck as I'm having in getting through to their sales team, I would hazard at a guess that he hasn't been able to cancel yet.

Same here. No phone call from Norway today so I thought I'd call the delivery line... already not a fan of the hold music.
Nice to know they appreciate the patience on phone calls as much as they do in being able to order their cars :D

And as if by magic Norway call - delivery expected first or second week in July... Now just need to sort out that bleedin' financing (and see if anyone is genuinely successful in a P3+ price reduction before I commit)!

Correct, not been able to speak to anyone at Tesla. I sent them an email a couple of days ago requesting the price change in response to their request to complete my registration info. Not heard a thing since.

Ok so after waiting for an hour they finally picked up.

In regards to existing orders, they say they're going to honour the new pricing for these customers and will send out some sort of credit form that we need to fill out to get our deduction. He was vague on this but did assure me that we will be getting the new pricing.

I also asked that if a customer did want to take advantage of some of the new options available on the website, for example going for 18 inch wheels and none of the performance trim, would there be a delay. He said yes they would have to re-process that order. He couldn't give me any time scale on this but I'd imagine it would be a good few weeks.

He said there wouldn't be a delay if you were just needed the new pricing and had no changes to the actual order. He's ringing me back tomorrow to confirm a few other things but that's all I have so far.

Ok so after waiting for an hour they finally picked up.

In regards to existing orders, they say they're going to honour the new pricing for these customers and will send out some sort of credit form that we need to fill out to get our deduction. He was vague on this but did assure me that we will be getting the new pricing.

I also asked that if a customer did want to take advantage of some of the new options available on the website, for example going for 18 inch wheels and none of the performance trim, would there be a delay. He said yes they would have to re-process that order. He couldn't give me any time scale on this but I'd imagine it would be a good few weeks.

He said there wouldn't be a delay if you were just needed the new pricing and had no changes to the actual order. He's ringing me back tomorrow to confirm a few other things but that's all I have so far.

Thanks for the update and for persevering!
A credit form suggests that it will be a refund of sorts rather than an immediate reduction that can be applied to financing. I'm not in meetings all day tomorrow so I'll give them a call just to make sure I'm on the list for one of those forms. If I'm right in estimating the reduction would save about £70 a month over 35 months in finance, the £2,860 'refund' more than makes up the 35 months of 'additional cost' (£2,450).

Reactions: jollie89
I bet the S and X owners are not looking forward to having to share the superchargers with their poor relations :)

And the Model 3 owners won't be happy that the S and X owners take so long to charge with their older charging functionality ;)
On the plus side - Model 3 is charge-able on non-Tesla CCS stations so that may help with SuperCharger queues.

Reactions: cizUK