Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK Model 3 order page open!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That's a significant rejig of options! Wonder if it's a reaction to the battery constraint? Elon did say they need to prioritise the SR to get more cars out there for the fixed battery supply they had. The US had this approach to performance at one point too - and it makes it seem like it might be a software update option one day...

Presume the other options will reappear eventually?

Just spoke to Tesla sales. They don't have any official information yet, but they expect that people who've already ordered an LR AWD will be given two options:
  1. Take delivery of their LR AWD as ordered, potentially with a small discount to account for the price drop in the P3D.
  2. Upgrade their order to a P3D (minus the cosmetic upgrades) and pay the difference.
The downside of option 2 is that anybody who ordered before the FSD price increase will have to pay the new higher price for that as well. The upgrade price I was quoted for my LR AWD with FSD is £2,440.

Bit disappointed about the prospect of paying more for FSD, but they say they expect more solid information in the next few days.

This "stealth" performance model is essentially my ideal config, so I've got my Fingers crossed for a good outcome!

Just spoke to Tesla sales. They don't have any official information yet, but they expect that people who've already ordered an LR AWD will be given two options:
  1. Take delivery of their LR AWD as ordered, potentially with a small discount to account for the price drop in the P3D.
  2. Upgrade their order to a P3D (minus the cosmetic upgrades) and pay the difference.
The downside of option 2 is that anybody who ordered before the FSD price increase will have to pay the new higher price for that as well. The upgrade price I was quoted for my LR AWD with FSD is £2,440.

Bit disappointed about the prospect of paying more for FSD, but they say they expect more solid information in the next few days.

This "stealth" performance model is essentially my ideal config, so I've got my Fingers crossed for a good outcome!

So what exactly is the physical difference between the "old" LR AWD and the "new" Performance model without the "performance upgrade" pack apart from the price and additional performance which is presumably just a software change?

Reactions: ediflyer
Hi all,
im a long time wanna be Tesla owner which has been waiting for the Model3.

Thanks to this group I now realise I can order the car and organise financing later ( i was waiting for PCP to be released)

I was going to pull the trigger on ordering a car today but yet again Tesla make a change ! o_O

I was going to order a LR with wheels and white premium. now im just not sure.

The stealth Performance M3 seems great now however I really wanted white interior.

you just never know what they are going to do next

The P3D was £56,050. With performance package, now £52,290.

Wonder if they could already be on route if the webpage is still stating July deliveries.

I think those that are on a boat right now would be attracting "more paperwork" in order that Punters are ready with everything by the time the car is ready for delivery (unless "June" means "30-June" of course ...) For early-to-mid June delivery paperwork needs start happening PDQ

you just never know what they are going to do next

When they have what you want, at a price you want to afford, then buy. There are no Model-Years for Tesla ... bad luck if you buy on the last day before a major change, but you'll still own if for e.g. 3 years and you'll get loads of OTA updates in that time which keep it "fresh" - so basically just a different sales-model to other Marques, but can be frustrating Tesla juggling its demand-levers and only having Retail Sales with all the data publicised on their web page. Other marques do this too, but you only see the RRP and you negotiate with Dealer, and have no idea what Dealer will offer someone else sat alongside you today, let alone Yesterday/Tomorrow based on Supply/Incentives from manufacturer

I assume if you resist the urge to use the extra performance there is not much in it.

Definitely. I can drive "fully range conscious", "Normal reasonably eco", and "like I stole it" :) and have very different consumption figures

Even on a range-challenged journey various legs will be different. If I have two supercharger stops (with comfortable range between them) I will drive max speed between them (roadworks/traffic permitting) because overall journey is shorter if you "drive faster, Supercharge longer"

So undoubtedly Performance "fully range conscious" driving can beat Long Range "Normal reasonably eco", and either way the ONLY days it matters are the ones when your journey is range-challenged. On all other days (with off street parking and wall charger) you leave home with Max Range available, and if you aren't going that far you can drive it however you feel like ... its 2p a mile for fuel :)