Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK Model 3 order page open!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When did you place your reservation?

I reserved mine on April 3rd 2016 and ordered on May 7th (because I was traveling ) and haven't heard a dicky bird from anyone. Originally one rep said I should be one of the first in July, since then nothing.

July 2018 which illustrates to me the placing is little to do with reservation dates and more specific to order dates and spec as my spec is fairly standard. My guess is they know xx number of various specs are likely to be on the first shipment so they can match reservations with more certainty. Maybe less so with other variations which may mean they need to wait to see what arrives. Just a guess but feels likely.

Spoke to Tesla in the Netherlands. Looks like the UK cars are in San Francisco waiting to be loaded aboard their ship. I was told to expect delivery between the last week of June to the third week of July. VIN should be generated in the next couple of weeks.

That explains the 3 phone calls I've had from Norway over the last few days that I didn't answer! Will need to make sure I answer if they call tomorrow. Why they don't call from a UK number I don't know

I think it's probably more like 4000...but a moot point.
There's a ship about to dock into Zeebrugge, one near the Dominican Republic (I think)...and one near the western coast of Mexico. I think all three set sail after they opened up RHD orders, and also after the initial tranche of 288 VINs were declared. So it's just possible that some cars are already in transit.
I did the Ctrl-U trick earlier, & I can see a Vin reference. Although I've had no comms from Tesla yet..so probably just a red-herring...but all digits crossed! ;-)

What's the Ctrl-U trick? Never come across this one

I came across a post, perhaps in another thread, that said once you've gone into MANAGE on your Tesla account, if you select CTRL-U and then search for '5YJ' ... if they've assigned you a VIN, it appears there.
How close to reality this is though, remains to be seen.
I saw the VIN in my source code this morning but as my call from Tesla was last night the VIN appeared at the same time my final invoice appeared on my ‘Manage’ page.

Reactions: M3BlueGeorgia
Great to see some people getting dates and VINs assigned. Congrats!

I'm still waiting... I ordered SR+, Red, Black Interior and 19" Sport wheels. I ordered day 1 but didn't reserve until March this year so can understand if I'm not assigned a VIN/date for a while.

As long as they give me some notice I don't mind as I'll need to arrange a ferry to Scotland for collection in Edinburgh which may be difficult as we hit the holiday season.

Tried calling Tesla today to query this whole price reduction farcical and was waiting for 45 minutes before being told by a bot that they were now closed. This was at 4:30pm.

I'll ring again tomorrow.

In regards to the VIN number , I did the whole 5YJ thing and mine appears to be in the 9600 range...that is if the last few numbers are what people are referring to?

So not sure what that means in terms of delivery.

But if they're not willing to discount my order then I'll be doing the same as what I'm assuming a lot of others are now doing and will be cancelling and re-ordering at the cheaper price. I mean if it was just a saving of a couple of hundred pounds I'd stick with my order and see it as the cost of being one of the first but £3000!

Reactions: dazjdash
@DB I didn't reserve until March the 17th this year. I also ordered on the 1st of May but there was some weird error with the wire transfer so I don't think the £2000 cleared until the 7th so similar to you . I ordered the performance with all the bells and whistles but Midnight silver rather than red. So maybe that's why my VIN is showing? Although if it will actually arrive any earlier I don't know.

Tried calling Tesla today to query this whole price reduction farcical and was waiting for 45 minutes before being told by a bot that they were now closed. This was at 4:30pm.

I'll ring again tomorrow.

In regards to the VIN number , I did the whole 5YJ thing and mine appears to be in the 9600 range...that is if the last few numbers are what people are referring to?

So not sure what that means in terms of delivery.

But if they're not willing to discount my order then I'll be doing the same as what I'm assuming a lot of others are now doing and will be cancelling and re-ordering at the cheaper price. I mean if it was just a saving of a couple of hundred pounds I'd stick with my order and see it as the cost of being one of the first but £3000!
I’d be interested to hear your outcome as I’m in exactly the same position (even down to car and spec) and have emailed the UK Sales account about a reduction, but not heard back yet.
The difference covers the luxury car tax for the whole 5 years and some spare change... Estimate it would also save around £70 on the finance deals I’ve been quoted.

I’d be interested to hear your outcome as I’m in exactly the same position (even down to car and spec) and have emailed the UK Sales account about a reduction, but not heard back yet.
The difference covers the luxury car tax for the whole 5 years and some spare change... Estimate it would also save around £70 on the finance deals I’ve been quoted.

Yes I'll let you know...that is if I can actually get through. And you're right about the savings. Also considering I now have the option to not to go with the 20 inch wheels and other performance trim, I could potentially save £13000! Although I'm happy if they just apply the discount of £3000 as I quite like having the benefits of the performance package.

Reactions: dazjdash