Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] Model S/X LHD Discussion

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I deleted it as the comments were getting stupid and I was deleting them only to find another sarcastic or similar comment 10 mins later.

I messaged the OP telling them what I’d done and to post their reasons in a fresh thread as people were interested but becoming impatient, unreasonably so really given it wasn’t 24 hours and some people don’t spend all day on here. I didn’t want the OP to log on tonight to be greeted with pictures of Michael Jackson eating popcorn or “why are we waiting” etc.

In fairness it was also a bit of an odd way to start a thread

Anyway, OP has messaged back and said they won’t be back

Ehhhhh it was a very strange way to start a thread.

Why wouldn’t we want to know what that person’s opinion was? This is a forum after all, their opinion is just as valid as anyone else’s. I was genuinely intrigued since LHD is the major obstacle to someone pulling the trigger, so for someone to have got over that and then decided to sell up suggests something else significant.

That said - how many replies saying “yes please” would it have needed to reach the threshold where we would’ve been blessed with the full story?

I’ll admit I made one of the sarcastic comments simply because I didn’t understand the need to preface the opinion with a prologue, or whatever it was. It seemed a bit performative. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Oh well!

Reactions: DoricJim
Ehhhhh it was a very strange way to start a thread.

Why wouldn’t we want to know what that person’s opinion was? This is a forum after all, their opinion is just as valid as anyone else’s. I was genuinely intrigued since LHD is the major obstacle to someone pulling the trigger, so for someone to have got over that and then decided to sell up suggests something else significant.

That said - how many replies saying “yes please” would it have needed to reach the threshold where we would’ve been blessed with the full story?

I’ll admit I made one of the sarcastic comments simply because I didn’t understand the need to preface the opinion with a prologue, or whatever it was. It seemed a bit performative. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Oh well!
In isolation some were close the edge but not really over it. But as the OP had set out their stall saying they’d post but didn’t want a backlash or similar it seemed they were getting a bit of a hard time before they’d even posted the detail. All a bit odd really in hindsight. The joys of moderation.

200w.gif

I deleted it as the comments were getting stupid and I was deleting them only to find another sarcastic or similar comment 10 mins later.

I messaged the OP telling them what I’d done and to post their reasons in a fresh thread as people were interested but becoming impatient, unreasonably so really given it wasn’t 24 hours and some people don’t spend all day on here. I didn’t want the OP to log on tonight to be greeted with pictures of Michael Jackson eating popcorn or “why are we waiting” etc.

In fairness it was also a bit of an odd way to start a thread

Anyway, OP has messaged back and said they won’t be back
Thanks for clarifying.

Very odd way to start a thread indeed… as said above by @Zilla91 if they can’t handle a bit of fun on an online forum then good luck dealing with Tesla in the real world. Distance selling or not.

Reactions: Js1977
I imagine dropping a £100k on a car and feeling like you need to reject it or whatever method they’re using is going to leave a bitter taste in your mouth without us lot on an internet forum. It takes all sorts.

I can also believe we’d probably not learn much, the usual contenders being Tesla experience picking up a car and the after care, the build quality wasn’t what they expected and I’ve seen a bjorntesla video mentioned elsewhere which wasn’t complimentary, or LHD/yoke/indicators which would be an own goal and failure to test drive (more so than any other Tesla given LHD).

Anyway.. let’s move on.

Reactions: DoricJim
I imagine dropping a £100k on a car and feeling like you need to reject it or whatever method they’re using is going to leave a bitter taste in your mouth without us lot on an internet forum. It takes all sorts.

I can also believe we’d probably not learn much, the usual contenders being Tesla experience picking up a car and the after care, the build quality wasn’t what they expected and I’ve seen a bjorntesla video mentioned elsewhere which wasn’t complimentary, or LHD/yoke/indicators which would be an own goal and failure to test drive (more so than any other Tesla given LHD).

Anyway.. let’s move on.

Cash money? are you a spokesman for the OP? .... Supose we will never know now will we :rolleyes: