Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] Model S/X LHD Discussion

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Of course seems strange that they did used to sell Model S and X in RHD and then stopped. I suspect though when they didn’t have the 3 and Y there would be people prepared to make the jump up. But if the 3 and Y are good enough, that’s impacting the sales of their top models.
Even when they did sell them it was always after the LHD market, but at the time they needed the sales to generate the revenue that allowed for the M3 to enter production. In fairness they alsways said that was the plan - Roadster to prove EV's could be fun, S/X to generate the income for the 3.

For me I don't like the 3/Y's styling and love the premium feel and exclusivity of the S. Unless something dramatic happens over the next year or two I'll have to console myself with the fact I've been lucky enough to own one of the best cars ever made - IMO.

Anyone buying LHD in this country is either deluded or has more money than sense. Good luck to you if it's the latter. I can't believe this thread had 32 pages. Absolute nuts.
Some would say I am all those things - but still not planning to get a LHD. Just posting to keep going past the 32 33 pages. Though most of those pages were from before the cancellation announcement - when those who had orders were rubbing our hands in anticipation.

Reactions: WannabeOwner
Some would say I am all those things - but still not planning to get a LHD. Just posting to keep going past the 32 33 pages. Though most of those pages were from before the cancellation announcement - when those who had orders were rubbing our hands in anticipation.
It’s you guys I feel gutted for and I’d have been spitting blood over the way they allowed the ‘reservation’ BS to continue - if I’d had one.

I have another year or so on my lease with Tesla and may try and extend it or buy the car. Not that I’m expecting them to change their mind but because there’s nothing out there that’s even as good, never mind better 🙁

Reactions: NikoV6
Maybe time to just give us an air suspension, Model 3 Plaid Highlander update with RGB interior lights. Has to have the RGB interior lights 😉
I do find it amazing that Tesla fanboy sites get excited about Tesla including RGB interior lights in the refresh model 3 and probably S/X to coincide with the model 3 refresh launch.

RGB lights are clearly an amazing, technologically difficult-to-implement feature worthy of all that excitement! 😆

I do find it amazing that Tesla fanboy sites get excited about Tesla including RGB interior lights in the refresh model 3 and probably S/X to coincide with the model 3 refresh launch.

RGB lights are clearly an amazing, technologically difficult-to-implement feature worthy of all that excitement! 😆
Joking aside of course but if done nicely it can add a nice bit of ambiance to the car. My M760Li in stripper club purple (BMW probably does have an official name for this) lighting was a sight to behold 😂

Lots of people talk about Highlander reducing costs which it no doubt will do but they also need to add some new features to get some excitement as well. People in some countries really need a car with more features than others to want to buy. Just different cultures.

Maybe won't get a Plaid but let's have a Performance Plus with Carbon wrapped rotors, bigger battery and Ludicrous mode at least. Seeing as we only get the mid range and lower end cars in RHD 😔

Attachments

• IMG_0211.jpeg
    IMG_0211.jpeg
    250.3 KB · Views: 242
Reactions: ariharry
I agree it needs something to lift it, and I hope this is more based on hardware than software. If, and it’s a big of, this drive by wire steering comes along it’s likely to take away a lot of steering feel and sticking in more powerful motors could end up with a interesting theme park ride. Tesla will then spend 10 years tweaking the software to return the driver feel through various software updates and haptic feedback (I’m wildly speculating but it’s a scenario that’s believable with Tesla)

Reactions: ariharry
Joking aside of course but if done nicely it can add a nice bit of ambiance to the car. My M760Li in stripper club purple (BMW probably does have an official name for this) lighting was a sight to behold 😂

Lots of people talk about Highlander reducing costs which it no doubt will do but they also need to add some new features to get some excitement as well. People in some countries really need a car with more features than others to want to buy. Just different cultures.

Maybe won't get a Plaid but let's have a Performance Plus with Carbon wrapped rotors, bigger battery and Ludicrous mode at least. Seeing as we only get the mid range and lower end cars in RHD 😔
..and add the adaptive suspension as well. Sadly, will still then lack the interior space and elegant styling that makes the MS Plaid that ticks all my boxes.

Seems more likely we’ll get a Taycan with better than current range, or an AMG EQ with better than current performance.

..and add the adaptive suspension as well. Sadly, will still then lack the interior space and elegant styling that makes the MS Plaid that ticks all my boxes.

Seems more likely we’ll get a Taycan with better than current range, or an AMG EQ with better than current performance.
Yes the suspension is nice but I could deal with not having it and I cannot see them adding that to a 3. Also can go without the extra space, the 3 is big enough for my needs.

Tycan is way off the mark with range and efficiency sadly. And as you say the Mercedes AMG's just aren't that quick really considering how quick electric cars can be. The American EV makers are running rings around the Germans at the moment.

Also I think software is going to become more of a issue for the legacy makers. It's becoming far more important and they are dropping behind.

Reactions: Durzel
Looks like they've either sold all their first batch or shipped them back to Continental Europe. I cannot see any new Model S or Model X in inventory anymore.

Their stock is all over the place. New cars appear, all cars disappear then reappear. All very weird.

I expect demand was much lower than they were hoping. The fact that nobody on this site, a fan site, dedicated to Tesla, have admitted to buying a LHD tells you something.

Don’t be surprised if they no longer offer them.

Their stock is all over the place. New cars appear, all cars disappear then reappear. All very weird.

I expect demand was much lower than they were hoping. The fact that nobody on this site, a fan site, dedicated to Tesla, have admitted to buying a LHD tells you something.

Don’t be surprised if they no longer offer them.
Well if they managed to sell them all then I'd expect they might bring in another boat load. If they didn't and shipping them back to LHD markets then I'd think you are right and that's it. You'd assume they'd remove it as an option to check to buy off their site though if they do that.

I'd think another batch if they sold them all.

Well if they managed to sell them all then I'd expect they might bring in another boat load. If they didn't and shipping them back to LHD markets then I'd think you are right and that's it. You'd assume they'd remove it as an option to check to buy off their site though if they do that.
I recall seeing posts from three members of the Owners Group saying they'd taken delivery, and one other who was waiting on his. I think they had some here for those who decieded that having waited this long and in the absence of an alternative bit the bullet and took one. It will certainly be interesting to see whether the option to buy is still there in a week or two.

I am one of those idiots with more money than sense, collected my S Plaid from Southampton on Thursday. Yoke steering great, LHD no problem at all, lovely ride and goes like stink. If you are sitting on the fence grow some and jump off! I think maybe I could do with upgrading with the ceramic brakes when and if they become available in the UK, just to be on the safe side.

I am one of those idiots with more money than sense, collected my S Plaid from Southampton on Thursday. Yoke steering great, LHD no problem at all, lovely ride and goes like stink. If you are sitting on the fence grow some and jump off! I think maybe I could do with upgrading with the ceramic brakes when and if they become available in the UK, just to be on the safe side.

Well I hope you continue having an amazing time with your "more money than sense" decision. Seems quite sensible to me if you do. ;)