Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK Model Y Accessories List - under development

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Setting this up to discuss availability for Accessories in the UK - e.g. What have people bought/recommend, what they wish they had bought for pickup day.
I couldn't find anywhere else to put this.

Moderator comment: Moved it to an existing thread which may give you some ideas.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've pre-ordered all-weather floor mats, screen protectors, improved cup-holder, usb-stick (for dashcam) , and because we don't like the aero covers - the hub/nut cover.
On my wish list is illuminated door sills (the battery operated hansshow ones which fit on-top of existing NOT the Tesla official replacement ones), electric frunk, and parcel shelf.

Yes, I think that's what I will consider next time. Front end stone chips are the only thing I tend to get on my cars and this would prevent those. I would cover the door sills on a Model 3 too. I never bothered with our MX and to be fair after 42k miles the paintwork still looks great, with literally just a couple of very minor stone chips on the front. I'm not even sure I could justify the cost in that case as we will be replacing it early next year. But our M3 is looking like it might become a stone-chip magnet! I'm thinking of buying a Model Y next year and based on our M3 experience I think your idea of front end PPF makes sense.
If you are not the do-it-yourself type, or you just don't have the time to care for your car's leather interior, then you may want to consider hiring a professional car detailing service. Detailing services can come to your home or office and will have all the necessary supplies and equipment to clean, condition, and protect your car's leather interior. They will also be able to take care of other areas of your car that may need attention, such as the paint job, windows, and chrome.

• Funny
Reactions: VX Foxy and Durzel
One thing I learned from the 3 and have carried onto the Y is don't buy anything until you have the car and worked out what you really need. Although I did break that rule a but for the boot liner as it's going to have dogs in it.

Since getting the car the one thing I'm getting are the trunk storage bins - the holes for them are pretty large and I wouldn't feel comfortable transporting the dogs knowing their legs could slip down them and potentially get hurt. Massively overpriced from Tesla but not much cheaper from Amazon so have to just bear it.

Since getting the car the one thing I'm getting are the trunk storage bins - the holes for them are pretty large and I wouldn't feel comfortable transporting the dogs knowing their legs could slip down them and potentially get hurt. Massively overpriced from Tesla but not much cheaper from Amazon so have to just bear it.
I got mine for exactly the same reason!

Reactions: Tony Hoyle
One thing I learned from the 3 and have carried onto the Y is don't buy anything until you have the car and worked out what you really need. Although I did break that rule a but for the boot liner as it's going to have dogs in it.

This is a good idea. We’re switching from our M3 to a MY primarily for the hatchback practicality for the dog. I hadn’t thought of this.

As another thought, are any of the M3 accessories transferable to the MY? I’m specifically thinking of those I have:

1) Centre console tray
2) All weather front and rear mats

I also have an all weather boot liner but that obviously won’t work for the MY.

Last edited:
If you are not the do-it-yourself type, or you just don't have the time to care for your car's leather interior, then you may want to consider hiring a professional car detailing service. Detailing services can come to your home or office and will have all the necessary supplies and equipment to clean, condition, and protect your car's leather interior. They will also be able to take care of other areas of your car that may need attention, such as the paint job, windows, and chrome.
Not sure what this has to do with my post you quoted? Cleaning a Tesla interior is the easiest thing in the world too. Doesn't need any special products. Everything just wipes clean with a damp cloth.

What do you use to close it?
I don't have my car yet but this is what it says.

Looks like it just uses the same lock button to reverse and lock.

They are expensive and many of them have some pretty horrible reviews, I really want to get one but I am still doing some research on a reliable one.

1649072312211.png

I don't have my car yet but this is what it says.

Looks like it just uses the same lock button to reverse and lock.

They are expensive and many of them have some pretty horrible reviews, I really want to get one but I am still doing some research on a reliable one.

View attachment 789831
It's just not needed maybe tesla might add it but can't see the point how often do you see yourself opening the frunk??