Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK Owners with v10?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Updated to V10 a few days ago and had the opportunity to use FSD around the M25 today. To my surprise it’s working so much better than before. Didn’t have any issues with phantom braking and the lane changes are super smooth and not at all hesitant.

One thing I did notice was that when passing big trucks the car moves over within the lane as to give the vehicle more space. I was always unnerved how close big trucks seemed to be on V9.

I’m really liking the new road display and Joe mode is great. The only thing that’s bothering me is that my suspension always seems to be set to normal and doesn’t seem to remember the low setting.

Reactions: Roy W.
I did a 200 mile journey last night on V10, having gone the other way on V9.
190 miles on motorway with NoA. The only phantom braking were a couple of places where the map speed limits were 50 due to it applying junction limits not the 70.
No problems passing lorries but it was quite quiet.
It did brake for a lorry joining the motorway, but it was right from a safety point of view... I just used the fast pedal.
I like the new visualisation and lane changes triggered from the indicators seemed generally better. Just a couple of times when it timed out so I had to steer into the lane for it.
Overall a positive experience and more relaxing than MobilEye in my i3 which is the king of phantom breaking ;)

Had some time to test out Autopilot on v10 - and found it considerably better than v9, both on A roads and on the Motorway this morning.

On a regular five mile drive, v9 would give screen warnings of imminent failure three times at bends - and slow dramatically at the same time. v10 does not, it slows slightly before the bends and accelerates gently out. No drama.

On the motorway, my overtaking maneuvers no longer trigger phantom braking incidents unless I change lanes half a mile before the car in front, and as other forum members have noticed, the car no longer seems 'frightened' of trucks when overtaking them. Also seems to have more intelligence on following distance.

Reading some mixed opinions - but for me it's a huge improvement.

Overall a positive experience and more relaxing than MobilEye in my i3 which is the king of phantom breaking ;)
That’s interesting. I had a Mobileye system in my Kona electric, and in the 15k miles I did in it I didn’t have a single instance of phantom braking. That was 2018-19, so presumably Mobileye has improved since your i3.

Although the Tesla phantom braking is a PITA there are other areas where it is way ahead of the Kona system. I can trust AP on the Tesla with situations that were downright dangerous in the Kona.

That’s interesting. I had a Mobileye system in my Kona electric, and in the 15k miles I did in it I didn’t have a single instance of phantom braking. That was 2018-19, so presumably Mobileye has improved since your i3.
Possibly the Kona has a radar, but the i3 relies on a single camera, so kicks out on shadows; rain; wrong kind of sun; mist on the inside of the windscreen means it often won't turn on... but at least it's good training for phantom braking ;)

• Informative
The other option might to login to your Tesla Account and see if the ‘Chat’ support function is available. I recall being stuck on a particular software version and asked them to push out an over the air update by giving them the last six numbers of my VIN, the update came through on my Tesla app while I was chatting to them. Worth a try.

The other option might to login to your Tesla Account and see if the ‘Chat’ support function is available. I recall being stuck on a particular software version and asked them to push out an over the air update by giving them the last six numbers of my VIN, the update came through on my Tesla app while I was chatting to them. Worth a try.

2 minute web chat and bingo, version 10.

Nice to know this. Thanks!

Reactions: Tatoo1 and Roy W.