Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] Price cuts

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My MY LR in blue was £56,090 when ordered (delivered July 2022). Same car with the new pricing is £55,180 so a reduction of £910. I'm not overly surprised given the supply/demand cycle, especially in a recessionary economy where persuading people to shell out on a massive purchase like a Tesla will need to require some persuasion.
My September delivery looks the same + wheels so £58,135 paid versus £57,280 today. Delta is £855

TBH I lost track a little of the price and APR increases since I ordered in May 22, but as a PCP customer the impact of this change feels negligible I guess 🤷‍♂️

I realise recent cash buyers might feel a bit stung and buy to flip is certainly over!

Erm...

Being as though these Model 3 cars are supposed to have batteries and motors that can last 1,000,000 miles... and update software regularly.

Isn't it just the case that once you own one... that's it !!!

You've made it in life, now just die happy

I'll relax if they give me a 1m mile warranty on the battery and drive train ;)

or even cover the battery with the extended warranty which I don't think they do

Now you know the type of company you are dealing with. Tesla wait for the 14 day consumer rights window to close, so the poor mugs who thought they'd made a £4k saving on a MYP before year end, will now find they are £8k down overnight with a car they can't return. Add to that the removal of
USS with no replacement in sight! Lesson learnt here!
Wait until you find out about depreciation, you're going to be livid.

Now you know the type of company you are dealing with. Tesla wait for the 14 day consumer rights window to close, so the poor mugs who thought they'd made a £4k saving on a MYP before year end, will now find they are £8k down overnight with a car they can't return. Add to that the removal of
USS with no replacement in sight! Lesson learnt here!
If you felt that strongly about USS you shouldn't have accepted the car. Same goes for anyone else complaining about this in the same context as these price drops.

Tesla not supplying USS or a working alternative is crap, but I've got little sympathy for people who take delivery of the cars anyway. It's either a deal breaker or it isn't.

As a general rule of thumb handing over your money for something and relying on future promises, after you've paid and taken delivery, is a bad move, especially with Tesla/Musk who make grand promises that either never happen or take years. It would be like buying a Tesla because you strongly believe they'll add Apple CarPlay at some point, "because surely they will".

Buy or don't buy based on what is being delivered at the time, anything else that comes later is then a bonus.

Reactions: CWT3LR
My September delivery looks the same + wheels so £58,135 paid versus £57,280 today. Delta is £855

TBH I lost track a little of the price and APR increases since I ordered in May 22, but as a PCP customer the impact of this change feels negligible I guess 🤷‍♂️

I realise recent cash buyers might feel a bit stung and buy to flip is certainly over!
Did you order a tow bar? Without tow bar the new price is £56190.

If you felt that strongly about USS you shouldn't have accepted the car. Same goes for anyone else complaining about this in the same context as these price drops.

Tesla not supplying USS or a working alternative is crap, but I've got little sympathy for people who take delivery of the cars anyway. It's either a deal breaker or it isn't.

As a general rule of thumb handing over your money for something and relying on future promises, after you've paid and taken delivery, is a bad move, especially with Tesla/Musk who make grand promises that either never happen or take years. It would be like buying a Tesla because you strongly believe they'll add Apple CarPlay at some point, "because surely they will".

Buy or don't buy based on what is being delivered at the time, anything else that comes later is then a bonus.
Imagine been waiting ages but then getting told that and having no option but to get in the massive queue for something else or get something used that’s less than ideal

Reactions: MrTT
Erm...

Being as though these Model 3 cars are supposed to have batteries and motors that can last 1,000,000 miles... and update software regularly.

Isn't it just the case that once you own one... that's it !!!

You've made it in life, now just die happy

Yes you’re right, people (me included) have been buying these cars like they’re the new Apple iPhones release, I got to have the model with the heat pump or the powered boot release etc. The car should last 10+ years so just own it, drive it and forget about the white noise in values.

Please do let me know what vehicle manufacture has slashed nearly 10k off RRP? Or have you ever seen Apple and smiler tech companies slash hundreds of retail prices on their prices on current models of goods?
Tesla.
In 2019 only it was a lot more than 10%. So its not like they didn't have form.

• Disagree
Reactions: Exy1 and DeejUK
I just got an email saying that Tesla will adjust the price of my undelivered Model Y Performance that I'm never going to take delivery of. Nice of them to extend the discount to people in some circumstances, but I suppose it just saves them the faff of people cancelling and re-ordering.

My sympathies to everyone that bought in just before the price drop - it's not a nice feeling to think you could've saved yourself a load of money. You made the choice you thought was best with the information you had at the time. Without wishing to be condescending, there are some lines of work that really get one used to the fact that every decision is a gamble, and those of us who aren't exposed to that will be more shocked and upset by surprising events. I've been hodling Bitcoin for 11 years, so I've had plenty of opportunities to kick myself!

I agree with all the folks that point out that, sadly, it's a tough luck situation. You pays your money, you takes your chance and all that. Doesn't stop it sucking, and so I'd encourage people to focus on the fact it was a decision that they were happy with at the time. Although @Durzel did call it (I'm not sure if anyone noticed him mention this :) ) we could equally have been in a world where covid got worse in China causing another lockdown and restricted supply, something kicked off in Ukraine pushing prices higher, or any one of another bazillion branches of the multiverse.

Please do let me know what vehicle manufacture has slashed nearly 10k off RRP? Or have you ever seen Apple and smiler tech companies slash hundreds of retail prices on their prices on current models of goods?
Google seems to say it does happen:

"Mercedes Slashes EV Prices By Up To $33,000 In China" Nov 22

"2021 BMW 840i price cut by $25,000, leads savings across eight models" Aug 2021

"2021 Audi e-tron Receives HUGE Price Cut" $12000 USA Oct 2020

"MotorTrend reported the 2022 I-Pace HSE as having a base price of $71,050—after Jaguar’s silly $1,150 delivery and destination charge—$9,950 less than its previous starting MSRP."