Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] Price cuts

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When was your order placed. I had to tell them about statutory rights, and they said refund team will contact me.
I originally ordered in late 2021.
Cancelled that one as preferred to keep the 3
Ordered LR Y at 57k
Decided it was too expensive
Refunded £100
Had a third kid
Reordered SR at 45k with 6.9% finance on the day Tesla dropped their prices (month ago?)
Cancelled and told a refund of £200 would be forthcoming once I mentioned uk law etc
Reordering yesterday a MSM Y SR

Okay, that's starting to be painful to watch as a Q1 2022 order / end of Q3 2022 delivery.
Price cut was bad enough but interest on finance halved...
Better to re order to get the advantage. I feel there are lot of vehicles being delivered. Even if we order today the estimated time is feb-mar. They are trying to push sales to maximum this quarter.

I’m paying an extra £120 a month because I collected on 29 Nov. That’s a fair old chunk. Trying to stay positive though 😂

Some big savings to be had!
Same, Dec 15th delivery just worked out I’m paying £140p/m more than I would do if ordered today. Frustrating this is I was in no rush, but the guys at Tesla pushed the sale, said there’s no better time to buy prices will go up etc etc..

Honestly this along with no USS, talk of improved hardware to come leaves a bad taste. If I could get rid of the car now and never drive a Tesla again I would, but I can’t cos I’m in massive negative equity!

Honestly this along with no USS, talk of improved hardware to come leaves a bad taste. If I could get rid of the car now and never drive a Tesla again I would, but I can’t cos I’m in massive negative equity!
There has always been talks of improved hardware on the horizon and indeed "diminished" as well so it does not matter at what point you buy as that position will be the same.

I dont know what you paid as a deposit and what the total interest that you will end up paying at the end of your agreement but have you though about any ways that you might be able to at least mitigate some of this negative equity?

There has always been talks of improved hardware on the horizon and indeed "diminished" as well so it does not matter at what point you buy as that position will be the same.

I dont know what you paid as a deposit and what the total interest that you will end up paying at the end of your agreement but have you though about any ways that you might be able to at least mitigate some of this negative equity?
Buy Tesla shares possibly? 😂 I’m just going to ride it out for 3 years and hope theres enough to cover the outstanding finance at year 3. 6k deposit paid.

Same, Dec 15th delivery just worked out I’m paying £140p/m more than I would do if ordered today. Frustrating this is I was in no rush, but the guys at Tesla pushed the sale, said there’s no better time to buy prices will go up etc etc..
If you have this in writing, you're not yet outside the window in which you may be able to do something about this if you're so inclined. Would involve solicitors though and would be uphill all the way.

Did you buy it on HP? Personal loan? Either way, just try and enjoy the car forget about current values, make sure you have GAP insurance set up correctly (Return to Invoice) and chalk this up as one of those things that can happen to anyone buying a car. They're expensive depreciating assets and should be seen as such. I get that buyers are encouraged to gauge their total exposure based on future values (one of the reasons PCP can be preferable), but the point is *sugar* happens and whatever the case, new cars with a very small number of exceptions only ever go one way... so don't beat yourself up over it too much.

Reactions: Johnax
💯
If you have this in writing, you're not yet outside the window in which you may be able to do something about this if you're so inclined. Would involve solicitors though and would be uphill all the way.

Did you buy it on HP? Personal loan? Either way, just try and enjoy the car forget about current values, make sure you have GAP insurance set up correctly (Return to Invoice) and chalk this up as one of those things that can happen to anyone buying a car. They're expensive depreciating assets and should be seen as such. I get that buyers are encouraged to gauge their total exposure based on future values (one of the reasons PCP can be preferable), but the point is *sugar* happens and whatever the case, new cars with a very small number of exceptions only ever go one way... so don't beat yourself up over it too much.
It's only Tesla's transparency that has caused this fuss.

Who has ever known what anybody else has paid for another car when going the old fashioned dealer route and spending half a day in a showroom being sat waiting whilst they make up figures. Honestly I DO NOT MISS THAT EXPERIENCE!!

Everybody, but everybody always says about their new car 'I got great deal' nobody ever brags in the pub about the crap price they paid for their shiny BMW, Audi, Merc etc but believe me someone will always get a better or worse deal at another dealers but we never know...

As said above, normal cars are not an asset they are a ball and chain, I buy what I can afford and regardless of the bull"sugar" told by the salesman I always have to go through voluntary termination at the end of 4 years as the finance owed is always more than the car value.

I've had lemons in the past, have been sold dodgy HP at elevated prices but needs must and always in negative equity as soon as it leaves the forecourt. Big deal...

Pay, drive, enjoy the stupid accelleration and low running costs (except insurance) and chill 😎

PS Only an opinion, not having a go at you, defending Tesla or anyone else. Life sucks... and then you get kerb rash.

Reactions: Durzel and Johnax
Anyone who paid Cash and did not trade in in December is going to feel a little aggrieved by this but for everyone else you probably benefited from either increased trade in or lower APR than you would get today so there may be little or no real difference.
And for everyone else who bought last year, surely most of us plan to keep the cars for 3 years plus so this change today will have minimal impact.
The following is based on the hypothetical;
I would not have sacrificed the last seven months of ownership for a " wait and save" deal. Of course this is in the context of the increased interest rates which have cushioned the actual difference for financed cars.
I am sure, there would be a number sufficiently high to make me wait but it would have taken some serious soul searching because ..... I'm lovin' my car!
Anyway, as caveatted above, it's all hypothetical.
As for what awaits us in three years Tesla value wise, all I want ( in addition to remaining extant) is for my crashed savings and everyone's personal economy to recover thereby making our Tesla resale value of less importance.

Now then, she who must be obeyed says:
" While you are drawing up your wish list for 2025, pop in a word for world peace"
🤔Mmm! How would that impact previously enjoyed Tesla prices?
Probably less than an ever expanding ULEZ.....so in the (almost) final analysis...
......am I bovered? No!
Did I get a great price for the ICE? Yep!

Last edited:
I originally ordered in late 2021.
Cancelled that one as preferred to keep the 3
Ordered LR Y at 57k
Decided it was too expensive
Refunded £100
Had a third kid
Reordered SR at 45k with 6.9% finance on the day Tesla dropped their prices (month ago?)
Cancelled and told a refund of £200 would be forthcoming once I mentioned uk law etc
Reordering yesterday a MSM Y SR

dear lord, have you even owned one yet? thats a ferris wheel of a car buying habbit

dear lord, have you even owned one yet? thats a ferris wheel of a car buying habbit
Well, you were an early adopter with your M3. So, all this time you have been driving a Tesla.. lucky man.
I promised myself in 2015, that one day I would own a Tesla. That day arrived; 290622. MY LR red/white
I can understand hesitancy in changing for another model, I would not be in a rush either. However, as you now have three children, you have rightly plunged based, I would imagine on desire, need ( justification) and manageable finance.
I hope the ducks stay in their row and you go ahead.

The MY LR is a great car and on reflection, with your burgeoning brood, you may be changing to a MY 7 seater in the future😀.