Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ultra-Economy EV

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yuck - the thought of a cheap car. I have imagined being in a leaf/bolt...saw one at a Blink station. There must be a few folks that like the ultra green things...but the low range, the low comfort, the low image, the low dealership support, the low resale, the types of recharge networks, the paucity of mechanics to work on them, the whole bag is just distasteful ...yuck.
The reason I'm interested in a M3 is the perception of quality. If you strip that away, there is nothing compelling. I'll continue my large SUV and its range/comfort. So what if I drown another polar bear!!

I think again, that there's a large market and a big opportunity to sell a $20,000 car, just like the VW Golf with 250km of range. The carmaker who would build this would have to adopt the 18650 Panasonic cells. It's not on Tesla roadmap for a long time but someone else could sneak in.

Elon agrees with you, OP, no matter how much some of the more egotistical owners may want it to remain as an exclusive club devoid of the goyim.

Yes, it is a good idea to make such a car. But to get there you need lot of money, about 15 - 20 years, a charismatic leader that could get the investors to invest in you, and you have to start with a small scale expensive car and work your way down to this size/price. I do not know is this (secret) plan seems familiar? ;) Or you can be a big established car manufacture with deep pockets and a lot of car factories/experienced workers and an established service/stores/dealers network....

Reactions: techmaven