Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UMC updating to 10amps on 2023.26.7

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have June23 MYLR
Bought UMC last week with actual 10A tails
1st use of UMC = 8A. A couple hrs later while still charging during the first charging session it was 10A
Car software still at 2023.38.6
Finally worked!

Resolving my Wifi issues allowed the car to get a car update to 2023.38.9 (was 2023.32.100). Applied the update, then charged the car an additional 1% and left it plugged in once reached limit. Next morning it was 10A.

Thanks all for the advice.

Having no luck for my update. Service mode shows error codes meaning that the update is trying, but failing;

GTW_w087_ocuInProgress,
then
GTW_w072_updateFailure
Sent a message to support and got this response.
Unfortunately, there is a known characteristic with vehicle software 2023.20 or newer that is causing UMC updates to fail. From what we can see, It appears you're following the correct procedure for updating your UMC.
So seems like there are still issues with the update process for UMC.

Having no luck for my update. Service mode shows error codes meaning that the update is trying, but failing;

GTW_w087_ocuInProgress,
then
GTW_w072_updateFailure
Sent a message to support and got this response.

So seems like there are still issues with the update process for UMC.
Following up, seems as if this issue is only for highland vehicles. I might have to plug in and update on an older 3 / MY

• Informative
Reactions: Sir Surfalot
Tried this this morning as well, didn't appear to work with my Highland on 2024.2.3 and UMC purchased in Feb 2024.
Did you try the tricks earlier in this thread about charging about 1% higher than your current SoC, then once charged to that, drop your charge limit to a few percent below current charge and leave for a while (overnight)? Also make sure you’ve good wifi connection and have had your first software update.
I had to do the above to get it on MY

Did you try the tricks earlier in this thread about charging about 1% higher than your current SoC, then once charged to that, drop your charge limit to a few percent below current charge and leave for a while (overnight)? Also make sure you’ve good wifi connection and have had your first software update.
I have multiple times, and service mode shows consistent GTW update errors for the UMC. No amount of setting charge levels will fix it.

Reactions: elddum and Jules22
Yes
Tried various attempts without any luck so far. Will attempt standing on one leg and whistling the tune of 'its a long way to tipperary' next and will report back.