Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Underwhelmed by holiday update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Trying to adjust the mirrors this way doesn’t work on the M3. The mirrors don’t have enough range of motion side to side to move them far enough in the direction away from the car to eliminate the blindspot.....
Odd some others have said this. Mine have plenty of outward rotation. I have also been in 2 other 3s that adjusted fine. Wonder if it is related to the newer NON dimming mirrors.
IMG_6018.JPG
IMG_6019.JPG

I did it by changing the wheels before, and it rolled back and I had to update again, but I did it again this time and apparently this update is just so awesome that it stays no matter what. Honestly this is one of those momemts when people want to sell the car, the new user interface sucks, my eyes aren't as good as they once were and I don't need a tiny speedometer and less map space to have a picture of a car on the left that shows its windows open.

I'm trying to get my wife to buy one of these and the new user interface is just making things tougher.

Reactions: Transformer
I 100% agree that even one tiny superfluous enhancement, like a game or fart sound, is not only stupid right now... IT IS INSULTING TO ME AS AN EXISTING OWNER OF THEIR DEEPLY-FLAWED PRODUCT.

Before even one staff member spent one keystroke of work on a fart sound gimmick, Tesla was OBLIGATED to release a cruise control that can actually maintain a set speed. Before they squandered the revenue generated by the sale of my car on some craptastic expansion of an dominant, but mostly useless UI element, like the car display... Tesla was OBLIGATED to make memory seats that are actually capable of moving back to the correct position more than twice in a row.

At this point, based on the worsened UI alone, I'm holding off on the xmas update, even though 2020.48.12.1 constantly fails to put the seatback in the correct position and randomly hammers the brakes/sounds the alarm for turning vehicles super far away in my lane of travel.

For example, brake checks happened twice on this morning's commute:

On surface streets in Snottsdale, very sparse traffic... three lanes wide in both directions, tons of room... For a change, I wasn't speeding either.

2x Left-turning vehicles crossed my path at different times, way down the road. These were turning vehicles that wouldn't be an issue worthy of intervention, not even 'steering around'. But...
My 3 decided this was a death/panic moment, sounds loud beeping alarms and <non-abs> hits the brakes while still more than 100ft away from turning vehicles. So stupid! Glad there were no cars within 50 feet behind me. Nothing in the scenario was even remotely unsafe, let alone worthy of intervention by the car's poorly implemented 'safety' systems. Seriously, even if the car did not intervene, there would have been zero risk of collision between me and the left-turning vehicles crossing my path. Of course I don't have video to share, because somehow 64GB of storage is still not enough for this 'hi tech wondercar' to manage on its own.

TL;DR- The point is that the car shouldn't need an OTA update to fix these <Tesla-created> problems in the first place. Passenger cars and trucks have had legible speedometers in the line of sight, cruise control, auto-wipers and memory seats for more than 10+ yrs, and those all work pretty great compared to Tesla's implementations. I am so sick of this bad leadership and piss-poor Dev prioritization of bugs vs. enhancements. Every single time I use the car, there is some stupid failure, bug, or intentionally baked-in shortcoming staring me right in the face. Enough is enough.

Last edited: