Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Undocumented (or not obvious) feature list

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I thought it might be a good idea to have a thread that lists undocumented features.

I'll start

If adaptive cruise control is active and e.g. set to 40mph, it will not change to 50mph even when it has detected that 50mph is the new speed limit. Lightly pressing on the right stalk for 1-2 secods will change the current speed setting to match the prevailing speed limit.

If you need to turn on fog lights, press either the left stalk forward to activate auto high-beam, or press the light icon on the touchscreen to bring up a mini-lights menu

If you need to adjust windscreen wipers, press the end of the left stalk in and a mini windscreen wiper menu will appear

Reactions: RNHurt
If you need to turn on fog lights, press either the left stalk forward to activate auto high-beam, or press the light icon on the touchscreen to bring up a mini-lights menu

If you need to adjust windscreen wipers, press the end of the left stalk in and a mini windscreen wiper menu will appear
The light on screen one I will give you. I discovered this about a month ago👍

The press the left stalk end button to bring up the wiper menu is not much of a secret. the car only has about 4 buttons so pretty sure everyone will have pressed all of them by now

Someone already compiled this list ;)
It’s great that you regularly contribute to threads with the facts from the online manuals (and I’ve only ever thought it was valid as the answer could have been sourced there if somebody had looked) but I still think there is room for a thread for those who don’t remember all the content nor re-read it whenever there is a software update.

Years ago I read that I could press the speed limit icon on the screen to reset the TACC to that speed and so would never feel the need to go looking in the manual to see if there was a better way to do that and so the original post was useful and I was hoping the thread was going to provide me with some more tips and tricks.