Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UNLIMITED RANGE ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
They might be talking about a drivetrain like they have in the new ramcharger where they have a ICE engine to charge/power the electric drivetrain. The ICE is totally disconnected from the wheels and exists only to extend the electric range.
Yeah, plug-in hybrids are such a major innovation in 2024 ;)

They’re literally talking about magic inductive charging roads.

Reactions: KerryOH
Upvote 0
So Stellantis has a new concept car for 2025 Halcyon (may not even come to be) and in their promo video it boasts “unlimited range” How is this even possible and is this the future or end to range anxiety ?

Same way as FSD. Easy-peasy!

That, plus inductive charging off the roads (aka Dynamic Wireless Power Transfer (DWPT)).

BTW, Halcyon is a beautiful looking concept car.

a

Upvote 0
So Stellantis has a new concept car for 2025 Halcyon (may not even come to be) and in their promo video it boasts “unlimited range” How is this even possible and is this the future or end to range anxiety ?
Stellantis is full of hot smelly gas! These MFers cannot even get the auto start/stop mechanism working in their flagship Jeep Grand Cherokee (I own one BTW) let alone producing a EV with unlimited range. Its like Toyota claiming 700 mile range on their solid state battery that can charge in 7 minutes! Come on! Get your wheels to stay on the vehicle before you get 700 miles out of it! Nothing but a bunch of losers having delusional ideas.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
lol I was thinking they had a solar panel roof or tiny windmill constantly recharging the battery, like perpetual power. Cut n paste my idea for the future.
I wonder why Stellantis hasn't thought about it! Well! Because they dont know jack *sugar* about EV! They are still a decade away from producing anything tangible or they can simply borrow a platform from some Chinese EV maker.

Reactions: Stan930
Upvote 0
They might be talking about a drivetrain like they have in the new ramcharger where they have a ICE engine to charge/power the electric drivetrain. The ICE is totally disconnected from the wheels and exists only to extend the electric range.
Didn't some crazy dude stick a gas generator to a Tesla MS and find out it really wasn't worth it? I remember seeing it on YouTube!

Upvote 0
I already have a vehicle with unlimited range in my garage. Invented more than a century ago.

1708278039435.jpeg

Last edited:
Upvote 0